Masthaven Bank mortgage review
Masthaven Bank prides itself on providing mortgages for people in less-than-ideal financial circumstances. If that's you, it's worth taking a look at what this lender offers.
Masthaven Bank is happy to accept applications from first-time buyers, self-employed and contract workers, landlords and those borrowing into retirement. There is no maximum age limit for applicants, although you’ll need to be younger than 85 at the end of your mortgage term.
All mortgages come with a one-off lender fee.
London and Country Mortgage Experts
L&C is a specialist broker offering mortgage comparison & free advice.
- Compare over 80 mortgage lenders
- Fee FREE mortgage advice
- Personal customer service from start to finish
- Open 7 days a week
What types of mortgage does Masthaven Bank provide?
- Fixed-rate mortgages. Masthaven Bank offers fixed-rate mortgages with two-year, three-year and five-year terms. The maximum loan-to-value is 80%, although you’ll get a lower rate with a bigger deposit. After the fixed-rate term ends, you’ll be switched onto the reversion rate. This fluctuates in line with the Masthaven Bank Administered Variable Rate (MBAVR), but will also be lower when you stump up a bigger deposit.
- Discount mortgages. These mortgages offer a rate fixed at a certain percentage below the MBAVR for two years. The larger your deposit, the bigger your discount. After two years, you’ll be automatically switched to the product’s reversion rate.
- Lifetime tracker mortgages. With this mortgage, your rate will be fixed at a certain percentage below the MBAVR for the entire mortgage term. The larger your deposit, the bigger your discount.
- Buy-to-let mortgages. Masthaven Bank provides second charge mortgages for buy-to-let properties. Landlords can choose from a two-year fixed-rate, two-year discount, five-year fixed-rate or lifetime tracker mortgage.
- Remortgages. All of the products above are also available for those looking to remortgage.
- Interest-only mortgages. Masthaven Bank offers interest-only mortgages and part & part mortgages with a maximum loan-to-value of 60%.
How do I contact Masthaven Bank?
Telephone numbers and email addresses for key contacts in the Masthaven Bank mortgage team are available on its website.
For general queries, you can call 02070 362020 or email email@example.com.
How do I apply for a Masthaven Bank mortgage?
Masthaven Bank provides its mortgages through a selection of brokers and intermediaries. A full list of contact details for the lender’s partners are available on the Masthaven Bank website.
What information do I need to provide?
You’ll need to provide proof of identity, proof of address and proof of income. This may include recent payslips and recent bank statements.
To be considered for a Masthaven Bank mortgage, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must have been a UK resident for at least three years.
- The mortgage must be secured against a property in England, Wales or mainland Scotland.
- Employed applicants must be at least 21 years old.
- Self-employed applicants must be at least 25 years old and have been trading for at least 18 months.
- You must be younger than 85 years old at the end of the mortgage term.
- Your annual earnings must equate to at least £12,500.
- Employees must have been in continuous employment for at least three months.
First charge mortgage loans can be between £40,000 and £1,000,000 depending on your circumstances. Mortgage terms range between five and 35 years.
Find a mortgage using a broker to compare the market
Frequently asked questions
Read more on this topic
Stamp duty cut: Buyers set to save thousands House buyers to benefit from a new temporary cut to stamp duty on the first £500,000 of a property sale until 31 March 2021.
Coronavirus property prices We have explored how house prices have been affected across the country during this time and how interest in renting has fluctuated in different regions.
Accelerate My Mortgage review This new cashback website will help you to shave years off your mortgage.
Finder Mortgages Customer Satisfaction Awards 2020 How did your mortgage provider fare in our latest customer survey? Find out the winner of this year's Finder Customer Satisfaction Awards.
Proportunity review Discover the pros and cons of taking out an equity loan with Proportunity.
Property flipping Our comprehensive guide to property flipping gives you all the information you need to make a profit, from finding the right property to the costs you need to consider.
Methodology for mortgage ratings You’ll find customer satisfaction star ratings on some of our mortgage provider reviews. Here’s how we came up with them.
First-time buyer statistics We looked at the latest statistics to see how difficult it is to get your foot on the property ladder in 2019.
Mortgage statistics From the average house price to how many outstanding mortgages there are, we explore all the latest mortgage statistics for the UK.
Buying repossessed property How to buy a repossessed property and what the risks and benefits are. Plus, where to look for properties, buying at auction and issues to look out for.