Masthaven Bank prides itself on providing mortgages for people in less-than-ideal financial circumstances. If that’s you, it’s worth taking a look at what this lender offers.
Masthaven Bank will examine your eligibility for a loan based on the specifics of your lending and borrowing history, rather than using a numerical credit score. This means you’re more likely to be approved for a loan, even if you have a minor blip on your credit file. In fact, the lender says it will completely dismiss certain negative entries on your credit report, including county court judgements (CCJs) older than 36 months or defaults on amounts lower than £300.
Masthaven Bank is happy to accept applications from first-time buyers, self-employed and contract workers, landlords and those borrowing into retirement. There is no maximum age limit for applicants, although you’ll need to be younger than 85 at the end of your mortgage term.
All mortgages come with a one-off lender fee.
London and Country Mortgage Experts
- Compare 80 mortgage deals
- Fee FREE mortgage advice
- Personal customer service from start to finish
- Open 7 days a week
What types of mortgage does Masthaven Bank provide?
- Fixed-rate mortgages. Masthaven Bank offers fixed-rate mortgages with two-year, three-year and five-year terms. The maximum loan-to-value is 80%, although you’ll get a lower rate with a bigger deposit. After the fixed-rate term ends, you’ll be switched onto the reversion rate. This fluctuates in line with the Masthaven Bank Administered Variable Rate (MBAVR), but will also be lower when you stump up a bigger deposit.
- Discount mortgages. These mortgages offer a rate fixed at a certain percentage below the MBAVR for two years. The larger your deposit, the bigger your discount. After two years, you’ll be automatically switched to the product’s reversion rate.
- Lifetime tracker mortgages. With this mortgage, your rate will be fixed at a certain percentage below the MBAVR for the entire mortgage term. The larger your deposit, the bigger your discount.
- Buy-to-let mortgages. Masthaven Bank provides second charge mortgages for buy-to-let properties. Landlords can choose from a two-year fixed-rate, two-year discount, five-year fixed-rate or lifetime tracker mortgage.
- Remortgages. All of the products above are also available for those looking to remortgage.
- Interest-only mortgages. Masthaven Bank offers interest-only mortgages and part & part mortgages with a maximum loan-to-value of 60%.
How do I contact Masthaven Bank?
Telephone numbers and email addresses for key contacts in the Masthaven Bank mortgage team are available on its website.
For general queries, you can call 02070 362020 or email email@example.com.
How do I apply for a Masthaven Bank mortgage?
Masthaven Bank provides its mortgages through a selection of brokers and intermediaries. A full list of contact details for the lender’s partners are available on the Masthaven Bank website.
To be considered for a Masthaven Bank mortgage, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must have been a UK resident for at least three years.
- The mortgage must be secured against a property in England, Wales or mainland Scotland.
- Employed applicants must be at least 21 years old.
- Self-employed applicants must be at least 25 years old and have been trading for at least 18 months.
- You must be younger than 85 years old at the end of the mortgage term.
- Your annual earnings must equate to at least £12,500.
First charge mortgage loans can be between £40,000 and £1,000,000 depending on your circumstances. Mortgage terms range between five and 35 years.