Thinking of using Lycamobile? Find out what the world’s largest mobile network has to offer.
Lycamobile’s mission is simple. To connect friends and family around the world while providing low-cost calls, texts and data.
It delivers on this mission, which explains why it is the world’s largest mobile network and home to millions of global customers.
In particular, Lycamobile offer a variety of bundles for SIM cards. At the moment it is offering a fantastic 50% off for new customers. Read on to find out a bit more or simply click below and head to the Lycamobile site.
What services do Lycamobile offer?
Lycamobile offers 2G, 3G and 4G coverage to the UK. You can find out which networks cover you by using Lycamobile’s network calculator. Simply enter in your postcode or the name of your town on the website to discover which networks cover you.
Lycamobile offers a free SIM with either a bundle or pay as you go service. Lycamobile offers a range of different bundles, from simple data bundles, international bundles, unlimited call and text bundles or generous calls, texts and data bundles. These bundles last 30 days.
You can also order a SIM with credit and simply top up when you need to. To top up your phone you need top-up vouchers which can be purchased from various locations as well as on Lycamobile’s website. You can use Lycamobile’s store location feature on their website to locate where you can get these top up vouchers from.
If you have any further queries about which mobile plan is right for you visit Lycamobile’s website which can provide further information.
How much does it cost?
Lycamobile requires a minimum top up amount of £5 for their PAYG SIM only plan. They offer a free extra credit service when you top up, for example if you top up £20 they give you an extra £5. Also if you select the auto top up service then you are able to receive even more extra credit, for example for £20 you get an extra £10 credit.
|Cheapest SIM only||–||unlimited||unlimited||30 days||£1.50pm|
|Most expensive SIM only||12GB||unlimited +100 abroad||unlimited||30 days||£25pm|
|Cheapest data SIM||500MB||–||–||30 days||£5pm|
|Most expensive data SIM only||6GB||–||–||30 days||£25pm|
|PAYG||12p per MB||19p per min||12p per text||30 days||n/a|
- Please note that prices and plan inclusions may vary, please check the Lycamobile website for up to date prices.
How much data do I need?
The amount of data you require depends on how much internet you will be using on your mobile each month.
It is difficult to determine an exact correlation between data and internet usage but approximately 1GB would allow you to view either around 3000 web pages, 10 000 emails or spend 4 hours streaming videos.
What extras do Lycamobile plans offer?
- Data add-ons. Lycamobile allows you to purchase additional data between 200MB and 3GB of data.
- International calling add-ons. Lycamobile offer 30 day bundles which allow you to use your phone internationally.
- Switching credit vouchers. If you switch to Lycamobile they sometimes offer vouchers.
- 10% student discount. If you have a valid NUS card you are able to receive a 10% student discount.
- Airtime transfer service. This extra allows you securely transfer mobile credit to people abroad, they don’t even need to be Lycamobile customers.
Lycamobile also offers special rates on specific networks worldwide, see their website for details.
What are some of Lycamobile’s pros and cons?
- Network. Lycamobile runs off the O2 network and so offers 2G, 3G and 4G coverage across the UK.
- Low cost. Lycamobile offers competitive prices starting from £1.50 a month for their SIM only plans
- Add ons. Lycamobile allows customers to buy a variety of additional features and add-ons
- Variety. Lycamobile doesn’t offer a great variety of different mobile plans.