We’ve analysed the life insurance from British Seniors to help you decide if it’s the right protection for your loved ones.
Life insurance is about protecting your family in the event of your death. There are many types to choose from and a range of providers, so we’ve analysed what’s offered to help guide you to the right policy for your family.
British Seniors specifically offers guaranteed life insurance for people aged over 50, and the cover has a 5-star rating from Defaqto. The final cash sum payout can range from £1,000 up to £20,000 and is dependent on your age at the start of the cover. The policy provides immediate cover for accidental death or death by any cause after 24 months. Here’s what else we think you should know about this award-winning insurer.
The UK's leading broker of health and protection insurance products
- Compare the leading life insurance providers.
- Instant online quotes.
- Fee FREE insurance advice.
- Open 6 days a week.
What is British Seniors?
British Seniors provides specialist life insurance to UK residents aged over 50.
British Seniors Insurance Agency is a trading name of Neilson Financial Services Ltd, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
What types of life insurance does British Seniors offer?
- Single policy. British Seniors offers life insurance specifically for over-50s. You can tailor the final cash sum payout to your budget. Depending on your age, the maximum final cash sum payout you can select is detailed in the table below:
|Age at life insurance policy start date||Maximum benefit amount|
|Aged 50-54||Up to £20,000|
|Aged 55-59||Up to £17,000|
|Aged 60-64||Up to £13,000|
|Aged 65-69||Up to £12,000|
|Aged 70-74||Up to £9,000|
|Aged 75-80||Up to £6,000|
- Joint policy. British Seniors also offers the option to take out a joint policy to include a partner such as a legal spouse, civil partner or common law partner.
- Cash-in option. British Seniors provides customers with the option to “cash in” a single or joint policy when the policyholder reaches 80 or after holding the policy for 15 years, whichever is later. This essentially means your policy will end and you will be paid a sum equal to 50% of the selected benefit amount. However, there is no cash value to the policy before this point in the policy term.
What’s not covered?
A British Seniors life insurance policy has no cash value before the cash-in eligibility date. And as with all insurance, there are exclusions. These include the following:
- Non-accidental death during the first 24 months
- Two consecutively missed monthly payments
- Incorrect date of birth shown on policy document
- False or inaccurate information provided at the start of the policy
Am I eligible for British Seniors life insurance?
You can apply for a British Seniors life insurance policy if you meet the following criteria:
- You are a UK resident
- You are aged 50-80
What factors affect the price I’ll pay for life insurance?
- Amount of cover required. The greater you want the final cash sum payout to be, the higher the premium is likely to be.
- Age. The maximum final cash sum payout you can select with British Seniors will depend on your age. For example, a 50-year-old could have a payout of up to £20,000 while an 80-year-old could expect a payout of up to £6,000.
Frequently asked questions