Find the cheapest way to send money to Zambia by comparing money transfer providers.
In the table below, enter the transfer amount you wish to send to Zambia. The table will show you providers best suited to your needs. Our tables let you compare speed, exchange rates, fees and other details.”
How much do you need to transfer?
Make a transfer to Zambia with Azimo
Want to send up to £10,000 to Zambia?
These providers specialise in offering low rates to people sending amounts below £10,000.
Want to send over £10,000 to Zambia?
These providers specialise in offering low rates to people sending amounts over £10,000.
How to send money to Zambia in 3 steps
- Sign up for an account. This can usually be done online and is free in most cases. You will need to supply your full name, your contact details and a valid form of photo ID.
- Enter your transaction information. You’ll need to provide your recipient’s contact details as well as how much money you’re sending and in what currency.
- Review your quote and submit. You will then be given a money transfer quote that details the exchange rate and fees that apply to your transaction. If you’re happy with the cost, pay for your transfer. You can often track the progress of your funds online through the provider’s website.
How do I compare money transfer companies when sending money to Zambia?
As with any product, you’ll find the best deal by shopping around. When you’re using our table to compare, keep the following in mind:
- Exchange rate and fees. Make sure you compare both. While one company might offer a great rate, it might charge higher fees. On the other hand, a company offering a poorer rate may have low or zero fees. Equally, some providers will waive fees if you’re transferring a larger amount.
- Pick up methods. Some transfer companies require that you transfer funds to the recipient’s bank account. Others give recipients the option of picking up cash, which can be particularly useful if the recipient does not have a bank account.
- Transfer methods. If you’re dealing with a mainstream bank you can visit a branch to transfer funds. Otherwise, depending on the service provider you choose, you can transfer funds over the phone, on an app, online, at stores or at specific kiosks.
- Transfer time. If the recipient needs money in a hurry, your best bet is to look for a service that allows cash pickups because this method normally takes no more than a day. Bank account transfers can take between one and five business days.
- Minimum transfer amounts. The minimum you can transfer can vary from one service provider to the next. While some may let you transfer as little as one Great Britain pound, some others have minimum limits as high as £1,000.
- Customer service. If you plan on transferring money to Zambia on an ongoing basis, you may want to look for a company that offers high levels of customer service, along with support via phone, chat and email.