Send money to Uzbekistan
Find a quick and affordable service for sending money to Uzbekistan by comparing money transfer services, their fees and exchange rates.
If you need to send money to Uzbekistan, you can do so in a few simple steps:
- Compare your options for sending money to Uzbekistan.
- Choose the service that offers the best deal and sign up for an account.
- Enter the details of your transaction, including the amount and who you’ll be sending it to.
- Confirm all transfer details and pay for your transaction.
Compare services that send money to Uzbekistan from the UK
What's in this guide?
What’s the best way to send money to Uzbekistan?
You have a few options to choose from when sending money to Uzbekistan:
The easiest option might be to send an international transfer from your bank account, but you’ll need to watch out for high transfer fees. In addition, because the Uzbekistani som (UZS) is a rare currency and not widely available, you’ll usually have to send a major currency (such as USD) which can then be converted to UZS by your recipient’s bank.
Cash pick-up transfer services offer fast transfers to Uzbekistan. You can send a transfer online or in person and your recipient can often collect the cash in Uzbekistan within minutes. However, you’ll need to keep an eye out for high transaction fees and disappointing exchange rates.
Money transfer services
Specialist money transfer services offer quick and easy transfers directly to bank accounts in Uzbekistan. They tend to provide better exchange rates and lower fees than the other available options, but keep in mind that there are very few services that allow you to send UZS to Uzbekistan – the ones that do typically offer USD.
How long will it take to send money to Uzbekistan?
The time it takes for your money to arrive will depend on the transfer service you select. While bank transfers can take two to five days to arrive, cash transfers are usually completed on the same day and sometimes within minutes. However, the downside of cash transfers is that they cost more.
Emergency cash transfer
If you need to send money to Uzbekistan ASAP, look for a provider that offers cash transfers. The money you send can be collected by your recipient in Uzbekistan from one of the transfer service’s agent locations, with the funds often ready for pick-up within minutes.
How to send money to Uzbekistan without a bank account
If you don’t have a bank account, you’ll need to look for a transfer provider that allows you to pay for your transaction with cash. You’ll need to visit an agent location and provide proof of ID in order to send a transfer. Your recipient will then be able to collect the funds from their nearest agent location in Uzbekistan.
What to watch out for
The main issue you need to be aware of when sending money to Uzbekistan is that UZS is considered a rare currency. As a result, most transfer providers will only allow you to send another currency, usually USD, when you want to transfer funds to Uzbekistan.
If you’re picking up cash from a transfer service branch in Uzbekistan, you’ll also need to exercise caution. Only pick up cash in areas you know to be safe and make sure you don’t carry large amounts of cash on your person for any longer than necessary.
Documentation you’ll need to send money to Uzbekistan
While the required documentation may differ slightly between transfer services, you’ll typically need to provide the following information to send a transfer to Uzbekistan:
- Identification. You’ll need to provide a valid form of photo ID, for example your driver’s licence.
- Transfer amount. You’ll obviously need to specify the amount you want to send.
- Recipient’s details. The transfer service will need to know your recipient’s name, address and contact details. If you’re sending to a bank account, you’ll also need to provide your recipient’s bank account info.
- Reason for sending the money. Finally, you’ll also need to specify the purpose of your transaction.
What to compare to get the best deal
Compare money transfer services across the following categories to find the best value.
- Fees. Read the fine print to find out what fees will apply to your transaction.
- Exchange rates. Compare exchange rate quotes to find out how much of the money you send will actually arrive in your recipient’s pocket. Make sure the rate you’re quoted is the rate you will get for your transaction and not just an indicative rate.
- Transfer speed. Check how long it takes on average for the money you send to arrive in Uzbekistan.
- Payment options. Can you pay via bank transfer, credit card, debit card or with cash?
- Delivery methods. Check whether you can deposit funds into your recipient’s bank account or whether they will need to collect the cash in person. The latter option is handy if your recipient doesn’t have a bank account.
- Customer service. Finally, it’s also important to ensure that the transfer provider you choose offers prompt and responsive customer service if you ever need help with a transaction.
Foreign exchange rates explained
The exchange rate reflects the value of one currency relative to another.
From a value point of view, the best time to send an international transfer is when the GBP is performing strongly against the local currency at your transfer destination.
For more information on how exchange rates work, check out our guide to the GBP/UZS exchange rate.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Review: Small World money transfers
Small World offers competitive rates, instant transfers and multiple payment options to send money to more than 190 countries.
The Best American Express credit cards of October 2020
Looking for the best American Express Credit credit card? Here’s our guide to Amex’s best in class cards for cashback, rewards and more.
Best 2 year fixed rate bonds in the UK 2020
If you’re planning to save your money into a fixed rate bond, we take a look at how you can find the best 2 year option.
Best 1 year fixed rate bonds in the UK 2020
How to get the best 1 year fixed rate bond. Here’s what you need to know.
The best cashback credit cards of 2020
Cashback credit cards let you earn money back on every purchase you make, but which one has the best cashback offer, as well as the best rate?
How we rate kids debit cards
Here’s how we came up with our ratings for kids debit cards and those we picked as best for different categories of use.
How to find the best financial advisers
If you want to make the most of your money, or just need advice on what financial product to get, a financial adviser can help.
Best international money transfer services
Learn how to compare international money transfer services so you can get the best exchange rates and lowest fees.
The best balance transfer credit cards of 2020
Here’s how you can get the best deal on a balance transfer credit card, from finding the longest 0% periods to getting the lowest fees.
Starting a business with no money
This guide will help you successfully start a business – even if you currently have no money to fund it.
Ask an Expert