Send money to Slovakia
Find the most effective way to send money to Slovakia by comparing money transfer providers.
In the table below, type in the amount you want to send to Slovakia to see providers most suited to your needs. Compare their exchange rates, fees and speed and pick the one that works best for you.
Compare services that send money to Slovakia from the UK
How to send money to Slovakia in 3 steps
- Register for an account. Most companies offer free online accounts that you can sign up for within minutes. You’ll need to provide your name, contact details and bank account information.
- Provide full transaction details. The next step is to provide information such as how much money you’re sending, in what currency and where to. You’ll also need to provide your recipient’s name and contact details.
- Pay for your transfer. Once you’ve reviewed the cost of your transaction you can pay for your transfer. You’ll usually be given a reference number that you can use to monitor the progress of your funds.
How do I compare money transfer companies when sending money to Slovakia?
As with any product, you’ll find the best deal by shopping around. When you’re using our table to compare, keep the following in mind:
- Exchange rate and fees. Make sure you compare both. While one company might offer a great rate, it might charge higher fees. On the other hand, a company offering a poorer rate may have low or zero fees. Equally, some providers will waive fees if you’re transferring a larger amount.
- Pick up methods. Some transfer companies require that you transfer funds to the recipient’s bank account. Others give recipients the option of picking up cash, which can be particularly useful if the recipient does not have a bank account.
- Transfer methods. If you’re dealing with a mainstream bank you can visit a branch to transfer funds. Otherwise, depending on the service provider you choose, you can transfer funds over the phone, on an app, online, at stores or at specific kiosks.
- Transfer time. If the recipient needs money in a hurry, your best bet is to look for a service that allows cash pickups because this method normally takes no more than a day. Bank account transfers can take between one and five business days.
- Minimum transfer amounts. The minimum you can transfer can vary from one service provider to the next. While some may let you transfer as little as one Great Britain pound, some others have minimum limits as high as £1,000.
- Customer service. If you plan on transferring money to Slovakia on an ongoing basis, you may want to look for a company that offers high levels of customer service, along with support via phone, chat and email.
Ask an Expert