Send money from the UK to Moldova
Find the cheapest way to send money to Moldova by comparing money transfer providers.
Type in the amount of money you want to send to Moldova into the table, then pick the provider that suits you best. Our tables compare transfer speed, fees, rates and more.
Compare services that send money to Moldova from the UK
How to send money to Moldova in 3 quick steps
- Sign up for an account. The first step is to sign up for a free account with a transfer provider of your choice. This usually can be done online by providing your contact details, proof of ID and bank account information.
- Enter your transaction information. How much money are you sending? In what currency? Where are you sending it and who will receive it?
- Finalise your transaction. The final step is to closely review the details of your transfer and then submit your transaction request. Many providers will allow you to track the progress of your transfer online.
How do I compare money transfer companies when sending money to Moldova?
As with any product, you’ll find the best deal by shopping around. When you’re using our table to compare, keep the following in mind:
- Exchange rate and fees. Make sure you compare both. While one company might offer a great rate, it might charge higher fees. On the other hand, a company offering a poorer rate may have low or zero fees. Equally, some providers will waive fees if you’re transferring a larger amount.
- Pick up methods. Some transfer companies require that you transfer funds to the recipient’s bank account. Others give recipients the option of picking up cash, which can be particularly useful if the recipient does not have a bank account.
- Transfer methods. If you’re dealing with a mainstream bank you can visit a branch to transfer funds. Otherwise, depending on the service provider you choose, you can transfer funds over the phone, on an app, online, at stores or at specific kiosks.
- Transfer time. If the recipient needs money in a hurry, your best bet is to look for a service that allows cash pickups because this method normally takes no more than a day. Bank account transfers can take between one and five business days.
- Minimum transfer amounts. The minimum you can transfer can vary from one service provider to the next. While some may let you transfer as little as one Great Britain pound, some others have minimum limits as high as £1,000.
- Customer service. If you plan on transferring money to Moldova on an ongoing basis, you may want to look for a company that offers high levels of customer service, along with support via phone, chat and email.
Read more on this topic
Brexit currency fallout: Exchange Rate Tracker Follow the major events of Brexit and how they might affect you with our interactive currency exchange rate tracker.
Review: Mukuru international money transfers Learn more about Mukuru, an online money transfer service that sends to over 10 African countries at rates and fees that are cheaper than your local bank.
Virgin Money international money transfers review The Virgin brand is something of a household name - you'll almost certainly have encountered it when jetting off for a holiday, catching the train on your morning commute or looking for a broadband deal. What you might not realise, however, is that Virgin Money also offers a fast and easy alternative when you need to transfer money overseas.
Compare international money transfers A comprehensive table outlining the best options available for you in the international money transfer market.
How do I transfer money overseas from my bank account? From bank transfers to specialist money transfer companies, there are several options available when you need to transfer money overseas from your bank account.
Review: XE Money Transfer XE is a leading company of currency solutions that offers competitive exchange rates, no fees and fast money transfers.
Best international money transfer apps Compare popular money transfer apps to get the most out of your mobile international transfer.
Review: Remitly international money transfers Use Remitly to make fast money transfers around the world.
Review: Universal Partners FX Read our guide to Universal Partners FX, one of your options for intentional money transfers with great rates and personal service.
UK’s money transfer industry Does the sender or the receiver decide which money transfer service to use? Insights into why Brits are transferring money overseas.
Ask an Expert