Send money to Malawi
Compare money transfer services to get the best deal on your next money transfer to Malawi.
In the table below, type in the amount you wish to send to Malawi. The table will show you exchange rates, transfer fees, speed and more. Compare and choose the provider that best suits your needs.
Compare services that send money to Malawi from the UK
How to send money to Malawi in 3 steps
- Choose a money transfer service. Compare rates and transfer fees in our table then pick the best provider for your needs.
- Set up an account. Click the button in the table to head to the provider’s site. There you’ll be asked to enter your information, which may include providing identification, a phone number, an address and bank details.
- Pick your payment method. Choose to pay from your bank account, credit card or debit card. After you make a transfer the money will be deposited into your recipient’s account or sent to a cash pick-up location in Malawi.
How do I compare money transfer companies when sending money to Malawi?
As with any product, you’ll find the best deal by shopping around. When you’re using our table to compare, keep the following in mind:
- Exchange rate and fees. Make sure you compare both. While one company might offer a great rate, it might charge higher fees. On the other hand, a company offering a poorer rate may have low or zero fees. Equally, some providers will waive fees if you’re transferring a larger amount.
- Pick-up methods. Some transfer companies require you to transfer funds to the recipient’s bank account. Others give recipients the option of picking up cash, which can be particularly useful if the recipient doesn’t have a bank account.
- Transfer methods. If you’re dealing with a mainstream bank you can visit a branch to transfer funds. Otherwise, depending on the service provider you choose, you can transfer funds over the phone, on an app, online, at stores or at specific kiosks.
- Transfer time. If the recipient needs money in a hurry, your best bet is to look for a service that allows cash pick-ups because this method normally takes no more than a day. Bank account transfers can take between one and five business days.
- Minimum transfer amounts. The minimum you can transfer can vary from one service provider to the next. While some may let you transfer as little as £1, others have minimum limits as high as £1,000.
- Customer service. If you plan on transferring money to Malawi on an ongoing basis, you may want to look for a company that offers high levels of customer service, along with support via phone, chat and email.
Ask an Expert