If you want to send money to your friends or family in Guatemala, enter the amount you wish to transfer in the table below. Then you can compare money transfer services – the table will show you transfer speed, fees, rates and other details.
Compare services that send money to Guatemala from the UK
How to send money to Guatemala in 3 steps
- Choose a money transfer service. Use our table to compare rates, transfer fees and more. Then pick the best one for your needs.
- Set up an account. Click the button in the table to head to the provider’s site. There you’ll be asked to enter your information (identification, a phone number, an address and bank details).
- Pick your payment method. Choose whether you want to pay from your bank account, credit card or debit card and make your transfer.
How do I compare money transfer companies when sending money to Guatemala?
As with any product, you’ll find the best deal by shopping around. When you’re using our table to compare, keep the following in mind:
- Exchange rate and fees. Make sure you compare both. While one company might offer a great rate, it might charge higher fees. On the other hand, a company offering a poorer rate may have low or zero fees. Equally, some providers will waive fees if you’re transferring a larger amount.
- Pick up methods. Some transfer companies require that you transfer funds to the recipient’s bank account. Others give recipients the option of picking up cash, which can be particularly useful if the recipient does not have a bank account.
- Transfer methods. If you’re dealing with a mainstream bank you can visit a branch to transfer funds. Otherwise, depending on the service provider you choose, you can transfer funds over the phone, on an app, online, at stores or at specific kiosks.
- Transfer time. If the recipient needs money in a hurry, your best bet is to look for a service that allows cash pickups because this method normally takes no more than a day. Bank account transfers can take between one and five business days.
- Minimum transfer amounts. The minimum you can transfer can vary from one service provider to the next. While some may let you transfer as little as one Great Britain pound, some others have minimum limits as high as £1,000.
- Customer service. If you plan on transferring money to Guatemala on an ongoing basis, you may want to look for a company that offers high levels of customer service, along with support via phone, chat and email.
Ask an Expert