Find the best way to send money to Costa Rica by comparing money transfer providers.
It’s easier than ever to transfer money to Costa Rica, simply enter the amount you want to send into our table below, then choose the provider that best fits your requirements. Our tables compare transfer speed, fees, rates and more.
Send money to Costa Rica with WorldRemit
Compare services that send money to Costa Rica from the UK
How to send money to Costa Rica in 4 steps
- Choose your money transfer service. Not all providers send money to Costa Rica from the UK. Use our table to find out which ones do and compare their exchange rates and transfer fees.
- Create an account. This typically requires providing forms of identification, like your driver’s licence or passport and proof of address.
- Pick your payment method. You can usually choose to pay from your bank account, credit card or debit card.
- Make your transfer. The money will be deposited into your recipient’s account or sent to a cash pick up location in Nigeria.
How do I compare money transfer companies when sending money to Costa Rica?
As with any product, you’ll find the best deal by shopping around. When you’re using our table to compare, keep the following in mind:
- Exchange rate and fees. Make sure you compare both. While one company might offer a great rate, it might charge higher fees. On the other hand, a company offering a poorer rate may have low or zero fees. Equally, some providers will waive fees if you’re transferring a larger amount.
- Pick up methods. Some transfer companies require that you transfer funds to the recipient’s bank account. Others give recipients the option of picking up cash, which can be particularly useful if the recipient does not have a bank account.
- Transfer methods. If you’re dealing with a mainstream bank you can visit a branch to transfer funds. Otherwise, depending on the service provider you choose, you can transfer funds over the phone, on an app, online, at stores or at specific kiosks.
- Transfer time. If the recipient needs money in a hurry, your best bet is to look for a service that allows cash pickups because this method normally takes no more than a day. Bank account transfers can take between one and five business days.
- Minimum transfer amounts. The minimum you can transfer can vary from one service provider to the next. While some may let you transfer as little as one Great Britain pound, some others have minimum limits as high as £1,000.
- Customer service. If you plan on transferring money to Costa Rica on an ongoing basis, you may want to look for a company that offers high levels of customer service, along with support via phone, chat and email.