How to send money to the Bahamas
Compare money transfer providers to find the safest and most cost-effective ways of sending money to friends and family in the Bahamas.
Input the amount you want to send to the Bahamas into our table. The table will show you providers best suited to your requirements. Compare their offers and make your choice.
Send money to the Bahamas with WorldRemit
Want to send up to £10,000 to the Bahamas?
These providers specialise in offering low rates to people sending amounts below £10,000.
Want to send over £10,000 to the Bahamas?
These providers specialise in offering low rates to people sending amounts over £10,000.
How to send money to the Bahamas in 3 steps
- Choose a money transfer provider. Compare rates and transfer fees in our table then pick the best service for your needs. Create an account on the provider’s site.
- Pick your payment method. Decide if you want to pay from your bank account, credit card or debit card.
- Send your funds. The money will be deposited into your recipient’s account in the Bahamas or sent to a cash pick-up location.
How do I compare money transfer companies when sending money to the Bahamas?
As with any product, you’ll find the best deal by shopping around. When you’re using our table to compare, keep the following in mind:
- Exchange rate and fees. Make sure you compare both. While one company might offer a great rate, it might charge higher fees. On the other hand, a company offering a poorer rate may have low or zero fees. Equally, some providers will waive fees if you’re transferring a larger amount.
- Pick-up methods. Some transfer companies require you to transfer funds to the recipient’s bank account. Others give recipients the option of picking up cash, which can be particularly useful if the recipient doesn’t have a bank account.
- Transfer methods. If you’re dealing with a mainstream bank you can visit a branch to transfer funds. Otherwise, depending on the service provider you choose, you can transfer funds over the phone, on an app, online, at stores or at specific kiosks.
- Transfer time. If the recipient needs money in a hurry, your best bet is to look for a service that allows cash pick-ups because this method normally takes no more than a day. Bank account transfers can take between one and five business days.
- Minimum transfer amounts. The minimum you can transfer can vary from one service provider to the next. While some may let you transfer as little as £1, others have minimum limits as high as £1,000.
- Customer service. If you plan on transferring money to the Bahamas on an ongoing basis, you may want to look for a company that offers high levels of customer service, along with support via phone, chat and email.
Ask an Expert