Send quick, easy and affordable online money transfers with OrbitRemit.
OrbitRemit offers fast and cost-effective international money transfers from the UK to 35 destinations around the world. With bank-beating exchange rates and a fixed flat fee structure that offers fee-free transfers to Europe and the USA, OrbitRemit aims to save you time and money when you need to send funds overseas.
It offers flexible transfer options, such as the ability to set up recurring payments, and all transfers are processed quickly using the highest available level of encryption. And if you ever have a problem or a question about a transfer, OrbitRemit offers 24-hour customer support.
With customer helplines available in the UK, Australia and New Zealand, OrbitRemit provides an easy three-step transfer process to minimise the stress involved in sending money overseas.
Compare OrbitRemit to other global money transfer providers
OrbitRemit exchange rates
As an online transfer provider, OrbitRemit has lower overheads than major banks and can pass the savings on to its customers in the form of better exchange rates. Its rates are updated regularly throughout the day in line with interbank rates.
When you enter the details of your transfer you will be given an exchange rate for your transaction. This is the actual rate that will apply to your transaction as long as you immediately transfer the necessary funds into OrbitRemit’s account.Back to top
How much does it cost to transfer money with OrbitRemit?
In addition to the exchange rate, you’ll also need to consider the transfer fee that applies when you send money overseas with OrbitRemit. The following fees apply for transfers from the UK:
|Destination||Transfer fee (in £)|
|United States of America||0|
Minimum transfer amount and available countries
OrbitRemit allows you to send transfers of between £50 and £9,900, although you can contact the company directly if you wish to send an amount that is larger than this upper limit.
This service allows you to transfer funds to the following 35 countries:
- Australia (AUD)
- Fiji (FJD)
- New Zealand (NZD)
- The United States (USD)
- Bangladesh (BDT)
- India (NR)
- Malaysia (MYR)
- The Philippines (PHP)
- Hong Kong (HKD)
- Vietnam (VND)
- Indonesia (IDR)
- Nepal (NPR)
- Sri Lanka (LKR)
- Austria (EUR)
- Belgium (EUR)
- Denmark (DKK)
- Estonia (EUR)
- Cyprus (EUR)
- Finland (EUR)
- Italy (EUR)
- Luxembourg (EUR)
- Malta (EUR)
- The Netherlands (EUR)
- Norway (NOK)
- Poland (PLN)
- Portugal (EUR)
- Slovakia (EUR)
- Slovenia (EUR)
- Sweden (SEK)
- The United Kingdom (GBP)
What types of transfers can you carry out with OrbitRemit?
You can deposit funds to OrbitRemit from your UK bank account. You can then:
- Send a one-off transfer to 35 countries
- Set up automatic recurring payments via the direct debit option
- Send payments to credit and debit cards
- If your OrbitRemit account is registered to an organisation, you can also send business payments
If you have a question or require assistance with a transfer, OrbitRemit offers a very useful online help centre with a large selection of frequently asked questions. If you’d prefer to get in touch with a company representative, telephone support is offered 24 hours a day.Back to top
The registration and transfer process
The first step in the transfer process is to register for an account with OrbitRemit. This is free to do online and you will need to supply your name, country of residence, address, contact details and occupation.
Once registered you can login to your account and follow these simple steps:
- Enter the details of your transaction. You’ll need to provide details about how much money you’re transferring, in which currency and where the funds will be sent.
- Transfer your money to OrbitRemit. Next, transfer the amount you are sending along with any transfer fee to OrbitRemit. This is a domestic transfer that can be arranged through your internet banking account and will not incur any charges.
- The money is paid to your recipient. Once your funds have been received, OrbitRemit will make the required payment to your recipient. In most cases, this will occur on the next working day.
What are the pros and cons of using OrbitRemit?
- Affordable. OrbitRemit offers better exchange rates than the major banks and also offers a transparent fee structure on all transfers.
- Fast and convenient. You can send money quickly and easily online, with most transfers completed on the next business day after you place your transaction.
- Customer support. OrbitRemit’s phone lines are staffed 24 hours a day so that if you ever need help with a transfer, you can rest assured that it will be easy to access.
- Not worldwide. While OrbitRemit does offer transfers to 35 countries, there are other transfer providers that allow you to send funds to a larger number of destinations.
What other products and services does OrbitRemit offer?
OrbitRemit does not offer any other products or services to its customers; it concentrates solely on sending international remittances for personal and business customers.
Frequently asked questions
How long do transfers take?
Although processing times vary depending on where you are sending your funds, most transfers are completed on the next working day.
Is there a mobile app that I can use to send transfers?
Yes, the OrbitRemit mobile app is available for download for both iOS and Android smartphones.
Can I cancel a payment?
Depending on the details of your transfer, you may be able to cancel a payment by contacting OrbitRemit by phone or email.
How can I track my transfer?
OrbitRemit will send you notifications to keep you updated at every step of the transfer process.
I read somewhere that every tenth payment with OrbitRemit is free – is this true?
Yes, this feature is offered to OrbitRemit customers.
Is it cheaper to transfer money with OrbitRemit than with my bank?
Yes it is, thanks to OrbitRemit’s better exchange rates and lower fees. Compare the cost of sending an OrbitRemit transfer with the cost of a bank transfer today.
OrbitRemit offers affordable and easy transfers and is certainly worth considering if you’re looking for a cost-effective way to move money internationally.