Guide to your iPhone photo gallery
A guide to deal with some of the most common problems with photos on an iPhone.
In this guide, we go through some of the most common questions asked about photos on an iPhone and the answers to them. Whether you are struggling to transfer photos from your iPhone to your computer, send photos to a friend or delete a photo for good – we have you covered.
How to delete all the photos from an iPhone
- Go into the “Photos” app.
- Select albums at the bottom and click “All Photos”. (If you don’t have iCloud, select “Camera Roll”).
- Scroll to the top of your photos, or tap the time at the top of your phone to quickly navigate to the top.
- Tap “Select” in the top right and then select all the photos you want to delete.
- To quickly select all photos, click on the first photo and drag your finger down to select them all.
- Next, click the trash button in the bottom right.
- To fully remove the photos, make sure you clear the “Recently Deleted” album, otherwise the photos will remain on your device for 30 days.
How to delete individual photos from an iPhone
- Go into the “Photos” app.
- Select the photo you want to delete.
- In the bottom right, click on the trash can.
- Click “Delete Photo”.
- Ensure the photo is also deleted from the “Recently Deleted” album if you want to fully remove the photo from your device.
How to transfer photos from an iPhone to another iPhone
- Open the control center by swiping up on your iPhone.
- Tap on “AirDrop” and select “Everyone” – you will need to do this on both devices.
- Choose the photos you want to share from the Photos app, then tap “Share”.
- Click on the name of the person you want to share the photo to, once they accept, the images will be transferred.
How to transfer photos from a PC to an iPhone
- Open iTunes and connect your iPhone.
- Click on your device and click “Photos” on the left hand side.
- Check the box next to “Sync photos”.
- Next, choose the folder or app you want to sync photos from.
- Click “Apply” to save your changes.
How to transfer photos from an iPhone to a PC
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using your USB lead.
- When the AutoPlay window opens, click “Import pictures and videos”.
- Click the “Import Settings” link, from here you will be able to change the folder where your iPhone photos will be stored by clicking “Browse” next to “Import to”.
- After setting up your options, click “OK” and then “Import”.
Your photos will now start transferring from your iPhone to your computer, make sure to keep your phone connected until it completes. You will be able to find the photos in the folder you chose in step 3.
How to transfer photos from an iPhone to a PC running Windows 10
- Ensure you have the latest version of iTunes installed.
- Connect your iPhone using your USB lead.
- Open the “Photos” app on your PC.
- Click “Import” in the top right corner.
- Select the photos you want to import and click “Continue”.
Your selected photos will now be transferred from your iPhone to your computer.
Ask an Expert