How to buy Terra (LUNA) in the UK
A beginner's guide to buying and selling LUNA in the UK.
How to buy Terra
Look for an exchange that supports both fiat and cryptocurrency to simplify buying Terra.
- Open an account on an exchange that supports LUNA.
Jump to our table to compare popular options — just remember that most exchanges require an email address, phone number and proof of ID to register.
- Deposit funds into your account.
Fund your account with a bank transfer, pay with a credit or debit card or deposit cryptocurrency from a crypto wallet to buy Terra.
- Buy Terra.
Complete your Terra purchase and then find the best wallet to store LUNA.
What is Terra?
Terra is a decentralised financial payment ecosystem that makes use of a basket of stablecoins that are stabilized via the use of the platform’s native crypto offering, “LUNA.” The ecosystem is geared towards the use of stablecoins for payment. As of December 2020, it has been used to facilitate around $300 billion worth of transactions for over 2 million users. LUNA can be earned through staking. It is the asset that powers Terra's DPoS (Delegated Proof of Stake) blockchain. It serves three primary functions: it allows users to participate in staking through delegating, it provides stability to the value of Terra stablecoins and it provides the platform’s validator nodes with various incentives for their time and effort.
Terra (LUNA) is the 11st largest cryptocurrency in the world by market cap, valued at $14,338,659,775. The current price of Terra is $35.66, which is -3.196% lower than yesterday. Prices have ranged between $37.37 and $35.32 over the past 24 hours. All prices are listed in US dollars and accurate as of October 18, 2021 05:10 UTC.
Where to buy Terra
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade LUNA by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
Is it a good time to buy Terra?
The technical analysis gauge for Terra displays real-time ratings for the timeframes you select. This is not a recommendation to buy, sell or trade. It represents a technical analysis of Terra based on the most popular technical indicators: Moving Averages, Oscillators and Pivots. Finder might not concur and takes no responsibility.
This chart is not advice or a guarantee of success. Rather, it gauges the real-time recommendations of three popular technical indicators based on the performance of Terra: moving averages, oscillators and pivots. Finder is not responsible for how LUNA performs.
Terra at a glance
|Total LUNA supply||970,899,928|
|All time high||US$49.70|
|Notable team members||Daniel Shin, Do Kwon|
|Partnerships||Solana, Chai, Velo Labs, Axelar|
|Token uses||Staking, price stability|
Terra price performance over time
How to sell Terra
You can cash out your LUNA with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have LUNA on.
If you store your Terra in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to sell it on.
- Place a sell order.
Choose the amount of LUNA you'd like to sell.
- Complete your transaction.
Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Terra.
What to consider when buying TerraKey considerations to weigh before you add LUNA to your portfolio:
- Governance protocol: The Terra platform makes use of a DPoS protocol where users can stake their LUNA tokens in order to facilitate transactions. Also, by virtue of being a PoS blockchain, validators who have staked more LUNA tokens possess a better chance of mining the next block as compared to those who have fewer tokens invested in the platform.
- Unique price volatility mechanism: Since LUNA stakers/holders are responsible for maintaining the security of the Terra ecosystem, there are certain price volatility risks that are associated with the cryptocurrency. This is primarily due to the fact that the protocol exchanges Terra stablecoins for LUNA at their determined exchange rate so as to balance out their values. Simply put, when demand is high, the platform’s native algorithm automatically sells Terra stablecoins. Conversely, when demand reduces, the algorithm buys Terra stablecoins in exchange for the system’s existing LUNA reserves, thereby mitigating any short-term volatility risks.
- Fully functional ecosystem: Unlike a number of proposed blockchains that present highly attractive features on paper, the Terra ecosystem is already generating a lot of value for its users. Terra generates more revenue than almost any other blockchain, lagging only Bitcoin and Ethereum.
- Backing and adoption: The Terra ecosystem was incubated by the Terra Alliance, a conglomerate consisting of 15 e-commerce companies based out of Korea as well as other parts of Southeast Asia. Furthermore, the Terra blockchain is being utilized by one of South Korea’s most popular payment apps, CHAI, which as of March 2021, facilitates around 100,000 transitions daily (worth around $1 million) and boasts a user base of more than 2.3 million users.
Coins similar to Terra (luna)
Terra (luna) in news
Binance Burns Almost $640 Million Worth of BNB Tokens
Bitcoin, Ethereum Could Dip on Traders Selling ETF News
Bakkt, crypto exchange started by ICE, drops as much as 6% in trading debut
Disclaimer: Cryptocurrencies, including Terra, are speculative, complex and involve significant risks – they are highly volatile and sensitive to secondary activity. Performance is unpredictable and past performance of LUNA is no guarantee of future performance. Consider your own circumstances, and obtain your own advice, before relying on this information. You should also verify the nature of any product or service (including its legal status and relevant regulatory requirements) and consult the relevant Regulators' websites before making any decision. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the Terra or any other cryptocurrency discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to stake Avalanche
Learn how to stake AVAX tokens and earn rewards by supporting the Avalanche blockchain.
SuperRare Review and Guide
True to its name, SuperRare is an NFT marketplace that focuses on crypto art tokenised on the Ethereum blockchain. The result is part marketplace and part social network for the artistic side of the NFT community.
DeFi and Web 3.0 wallets
Find out how a Web 3.0 wallet can allow you to access the world of DeFi, plus discover which wallets we recommend.
What is Rarible? Review and guide
Buy and sell unique digital assets on the largest NFT marketplace in the crypto space.
How to stake Theta
Find out how to stake your THETA tokens and how Theta’s multi-BFT proof-of-stake consensus mechanism works.
How to buy IRON Titanium Token (TITAN) in the UK
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the IRON Titanium Token (TITAN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
DeFi tokens: A simple guide for beginners
DeFi tokens compose a prominent sector in the cryptocurrency markets. Learn the basics of these tokens here.
Mintable Review & Guide
If you are looking to start buying, selling and trading NFTs, Mintable is one of the best places to start.
How to buy Smooth Love Potion (SLP) in the UK
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Smooth Love Potion (SLP) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
How to buy Quickswap (QUICK) in the UK
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the Quickswap (QUICK) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
Ask an Expert