How to buy IoT Chain (ITC) in the UK
Learn how to buy IoT Chain (ITC) in our step-by-step guide.
Where to buy IoT Chain in the UK
It looks like ITC may not be available to purchase on an exchange in the UK.
You can still purchase ITC by using a decentralised exchange (DEX) instead. Decentralised exchanges are web applications that run on blockchains like Ethereum and allow users to trade any asset directly with one another.
Decentralised exchanges (DEX) are unregulated and run using autonomous pieces of code known as smart contracts. To use a DEX you must interact with the blockchain directly, which is not recommended for novice users. Please learn about decentralised exchanges first if you're unfamiliar.
How to purchase ITC using a decentralised exchange.
- Find ITC on a decentralised exchange and make sure IoT Chain can be traded for ETH which is the native asset of Ethereum. Popular DEXs include Uniswap, SushiSwap and 1INCH.
- Buy ETH to trade for ITC using an exchange like CoinJar. You will need to purchase enough ETH to swap for ITC as well as ETH to pay for transaction fees on the Ethereum network (known as gas). You can use a service like Etherscan to get an idea of how much gas fees currently cost.
- Transfer the ETH into a web 3.0 wallet like MetaMask to connect to the DEX.
- Trade ETH for ITC on the DEX of your choice, following the instructions on screen. Make sure to leave enough ETH in your wallet to pay for gas.
- Wait for the transaction to finalise and the ITC tokens will arrive in your wallet.
- You may now keep the tokens in your web 3.0 wallet or transfer them somewhere more secure like a hardware wallet.
You can follow the same process when you want to sell your tokens, or come back to this page to see if they can now be traded on an exchange in the UK.
Best IoT Chain wallets to store your ITC
You can keep your ITC on the exchange you purchased it on, or move it to a personal wallet:
- Some people like to use their own wallets to guarantee total ownership over their assets, or to use them with other applications like DeFi services.
- Hardware wallets are typically considered to be the safest type of cryptocurrency wallet, as they use a physical device to enhance security in a number of ways. You can learn more about wallets and compare them with our comprehensive guide.
Is IoT Chain a good investment?
Buying cryptocurrency can be a risky endeavor, but there are precautions you can take to help mitigate risk, such as learning more about IoT Chain before buying:
- Don't FOMO buy coins: Spend time researching a coin before you decide to invest, particularly if the coin's price is spiking for seemingly no reason.
- Stick with well known exchanges: Unless you're an experienced cryptocurrency trader, stick to more well known crypto exchanges to help avoid the possibility of losing your money in a scam. When possible, store your crypto on a hardware wallet instead of on an exchange.
- Look into the coin's founders and developers: Anonymous teams are often a red flag, so if you can't find details on the creator of the coin you may want to consider investing in a different cryptocurrency.
Additional information about IoT Chain can be found using our ITC analysis tools.
Today's IoT Chain price versus ATH
Compare today's price of IoT Chain ($0.01228379 USD) against its all-time-high price of $8.51 USD on 03 January 2018. The closer the bar is to 100%, the closer ITC is to reaching its ATH again.
ATH date: January 03, 2018
IoT Chain ATH: $8.51
How to trade, convert or sell IoT ChainYou can convert or sell your ITC with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have ITC on.
- If you store your IoT Chain in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to convert or sell it on.
- Choose Sell or Convert and place a sell order.
- Choose the amount of ITC you'd like to convert or sell.
- Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of IoT Chain.
- Complete your transaction and move your ITC to a wallet for storage.
Cryptocurrencies are speculative and investing in them involves significant risks - they're highly volatile, vulnerable to hacking and sensitive to secondary activity. The value of investments can fall as well as rise and you may get back less than you invested. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. This content shouldn't be interpreted as a recommendation to invest. Before you invest, you should get advice and decide whether the potential return outweighs the risks. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the cryptocurrencies discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to buy Terra Luna Classic (LUNC) in the UK
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Terra Luna Classic, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (LUNC).
Terra Luna Classic (LUNC) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Terra Luna Classic, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on LUNC.
How to buy ZUSD (ZUSD) in the UK
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy ZUSD, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (ZUSD).
ZUSD (ZUSD) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy ZUSD, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on ZUSD.
Shiba Inu (SHIB) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Shiba Inu and how the token will perform in the future.
Wrapped Terra Classic (LUNC) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Wrapped Terra Classic and how the token will perform in the future.
tBTC (TBTC) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on tBTC and how the token will perform in the future.
Pawtocol (UPI) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Pawtocol and how the token will perform in the future.
Shping (SHPING) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Shping and how the token will perform in the future.
Orca (ORCA) price prediction
Read our expert analysis on Orca and how the token will perform in the future.