How to buy Fetch.ai (FET) in the UK
Learn how to buy Fetch.ai (FET) on 7+ crypto exchanges in our step-by-step guide.
What are the key risks?1. You could lose all the money you invest
- The performance of most cryptoassets can be highly volatile, with their value dropping as quickly as it can rise. You should be prepared to lose all the money you invest in cryptoassets. This is an altcoin and these tend to be even more volatile than Bitcoin.
- The cryptoasset market is largely unregulated. There is a risk of losing money or any cryptoassets you purchase due to risks such as cyber-attacks, financial crime and firm failure.
- The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) doesn't protect this type of investment because it's not a 'specified investment' under the UK regulatory regime – in other words, this type of investment isn't recognised as the sort of investment that the FSCS can protect. Learn more by using the FSCS investment protection checker.
- The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) will not be able to consider complaints related to this firm or Protection from the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) does not cover poor investment performance. If you have a complaint against an FCA regulated firm, FOS may be able to consider it. Learn more about FOS protection here.
- There is no guarantee that investments in cryptoassets can be easily sold at any given time. The ability to sell a cryptoasset depends on various factors, including the supply and demand in the market at that time.
- Operational failings such as technology outages, cyber-attacks and comingling of funds could cause unwanted delay and you may be unable to sell your cryptoassets at the time you want.
- Investments in cryptoassets can be complex, making it difficult to understand the risks associated with the investment.
- You should do your own research before investing. If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- Putting all your money into a single type of investment is risky. Spreading your money across different investments makes you less dependent on any one to do well.
- A good rule of thumb is not to invest more than 10% of your money in high-risk investments.
Fetch.ai (FET) is the 138th largest cryptocurrency by market cap, valued at US$227,433,690.
Fetch.ai is a highly volatile asset capable of major price swings in a single day. Today FET is trading for $0.218243 USD, which is lower than yesterday's trading price of $0.2196391583 USD. Over the past year, Fetch.ai's price has seen an increase of 161%.
So before you buy Fetch.ai, make sure you understand these unique risks as well as its legal and tax status here in the UK.
If you're ready to get started, read on for step-by-step instructions on how you can buy Fetch.ai.
How to buy Fetch.ai in 4 steps
The whole process can take as little as 15 minutes and all you'll need is a smartphone or computer, an internet connection, photo identification and a means of payment.
Compare crypto exchanges
The easiest way to buy Fetch.ai is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
Create an account
To create an account on an exchange, you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
Make a deposit
Once verified, you can deposit GBP using the payment method that best suits you – cryptocurrency, bank and card payments are widely accepted.
You can now exchange your funds for Fetch.ai. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as simple as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like, you can now withdraw your Fetch.ai to your personal wallet.
Where to buy Fetch.ai in the UK
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade FET by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the exchange.
How we keep this Fetch.ai guide up-to-date
How do I find the best places to buy Fetch.ai?
Cryptocurrency exchanges offer similar services, but differ in a few key ways – mainly fees, the range of cryptos available and payment methods. You can use our table to compare the features of popular cryptocurrency exchanges available in the UK to help you choose the one that's right for you.
Some other factors you may want to consider are customer support, user reviews, ease of use and whether or not the exchange is registered with a local regulator. This information can be found by clicking on the exchange name in the table which will take you to its review page.
What will I need to buy Fetch.ai?
To create an account on any cryptocurrency exchange you will need an email address. Some exchanges may also ask for a phone number and photo ID, so it's a good idea to have those ready.
An increasing number of cryptocurrency exchanges will ask to verify your identity before you can deposit funds and start trading Fetch.ai.
- This process is known as Know Your Customer (KYC) and usually requires photo ID and a webcam or smartphone. You may also need to prove your address by uploading a copy of a recent bank statement or utility bill.
- Some exchanges allow you to deposit and trade cryptocurrencies without passing KYC, but they will not allow you to transfer local currency from your bank account. So if you are planning on purchasing FET with your local currency then you will need to pass KYC.
- Once you have verified your identity, it is a good idea to enable 2-factor authentication (2FA) before depositing any funds. This will increase the security of your account and help keep your funds safe.
What is the easiest way to buy Fetch.ai?
The easiest way to buy FET is by placing an 'instant buy' order to purchase it for a fixed price but not all crypto exchanges offer this feature.
Alternatively, you can open a trade on the spot market which allows you to set your own price – this is the most common way to purchase cryptocurrency. Using the instant buy feature is straightforward but typically more expensive than using the spot market.
Before buying FET, you may want to check the market conditions. To help you decide if now is the right time to buy, you can take a look at our all-time high tool to get an idea of how the price of Fetch.ai has been performing recently.
Best Fetch.ai wallets to store your FET
You can keep your FET on the exchange you purchased it on, or move it to a personal wallet:
- Some people like to use their own wallets to guarantee total ownership over their assets, or to use them with other applications like DeFi services.
- Hardware wallets are typically considered to be the safest type of cryptocurrency wallet, as they use a physical device to enhance security in a number of ways. You can take a look at some of our top hardware wallet picks for self-custody of your FET below.
Recent Fetch.ai developments
Is Fetch.ai a good investment?Consider the following before buying FET:
- Efficient computing framework: Fetch.AI helps allow a number of economic modules to work in tandem (either in series or parallel) with one another, thereby allowing for complex transactions to be completed in a seamless, near-friction free manner.
- Integration capabilities: The platform features near-autonomous system integrations for a number of third-party components related to unique technologies such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, thereby allowing for the facilitation of improved decision-making processes.
- Fast transactions: Owing to the fact that the platform is governed almost entirely in an automated fashion, monetary transactions taking place within the system are fairly seamless and can be completed at lightning-fast speeds. To help achieve this, Fetch.AI makes use of a Directed Acyclic Graph (DAG) framework that ensures millions of transactions can take place per second at almost no cost.
- Experienced team: Fetch.AI has Humayun Sheikh as its CEO and co-founder. Sheikh is a serial entrepreneur who was an early investor in the AI-centered research outfit ‘Deepmind’ (which was bought out by Google in 214).
Today's Fetch.ai price versus ATH
Compare today's price of Fetch.ai ($0.218243 USD) against its all-time-high price of $1.17 USD on 08 September 2021. The closer the bar is to 100%, the closer FET is to reaching its ATH again.
ATH date: September 08, 2021
Fetch.ai ATH: $1.17
How to trade, convert or sell Fetch.aiYou can convert or sell your FET with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have FET on.
- If you store your Fetch.ai in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to convert or sell it on.
- Choose Sell or Convert and place a sell order.
- Choose the amount of FET you'd like to convert or sell.
- Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Fetch.ai.
- Complete your transaction and move your FET to a wallet for storage.
Cryptocurrencies are speculative and investing in them involves significant risks - they're highly volatile, vulnerable to hacking and sensitive to secondary activity. The value of investments can fall as well as rise and you may get back less than you invested. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. This content shouldn't be interpreted as a recommendation to invest. Before you invest, you should get advice and decide whether the potential return outweighs the risks. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the cryptocurrencies discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to buy Arbitrum (ARB) in the UK
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Arbitrum, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (ARB).
How to mine Dogecoin (DOGE)
Read the simple explainer of how Dogecoin mining works, and find out why it’s important, whether it’s profitable and some of its downsides.
How to sell Dogecoin in 4 steps in the UK
Learn how to sell Dogecoin in 3 simple steps.
How to buy Solana (SOL) with Credit Card
Your step-by-step guide to buying Solana with a credit card.
How to buy Shiba Inu coin (SHIB) in the UK
Learn how to buy Shiba Inu in the UK with our simple step-by-step guide and tips on what to know before you get started.
How to buy Solana (SOL) in the UK
Learn how to buy Solana in the UK with our simple step-by-step guide and tips on what to know before you get started.
How to buy Dogecoin (DOGE) in the UK
Learn how to buy Dogecoin in the UK with our simple step-by-step guide and tips on what to know before you get started.
How to buy Binance Coin (BNB) in the UK
Learn how to buy Binance Coin in the UK with our simple step-by-step guide and tips on what to know before you get started.
How to buy Cardano (ADA) in the UK
Learn how to buy Cardano in the UK with our simple step-by-step guide and tips on what to know before you get started.
How to buy Litecoin (LTC) in the UK
Learn how to buy Litecoin in the UK with our simple step-by-step guide and tips on what to know before you get started.