How to buy Balancer (BAL) in the UK
Learn how to buy Balancer (BAL) on 7+ crypto exchanges in our step-by-step guide.
You can buy Balancer (BAL) on a cryptocurrency exchange like eToro. These specialised marketplaces allow you to buy and sell cryptocurrencies, and work similar to stock trading platforms. Balancer is a permissionless, non-custodial automated market maker (AMM) program. Here's how to buy Balancer.
How to buy Balancer in 4 easy steps
The whole process can take as little as 15 minutes and all you'll need is a smartphone or computer, an internet connection, photo identification and a means of payment.
Compare crypto exchanges
The easiest way to buy Balancer is from a cryptocurrency exchange. Comparing in the table below lets you find one with the features you want such as low fees, ease of use or 24-hour customer support.
Create an account
To create an account on an exchange, you will need to verify your email address and identity. Have some photo ID and your phone ready.
Make a deposit
Once verified, you can deposit £ using the payment method that best suits you – debit card, neteller, PayPal and wire transfer payments are widely accepted.
You can now exchange your funds for Balancer. On easier-to-use exchanges, this is as simple as entering the amount you want to purchase and clicking buy. If you like, you can now withdraw your Balancer to your personal wallet.
Where to buy Balancer in the UK
Find an exchange to buy, sell and trade BAL by comparing deposit methods, supported fiat currencies and fees. Select Go to site to sign up directly with the provider.
How do I find the best places to buy Balancer?
Cryptocurrency exchanges offer similar services, but differ in a few key ways – mainly fees, the range of cryptos available and payment methods. You can use our table to compare the features of popular cryptocurrency exchanges available in the UK to help you choose the one that's right for you.
Some other factors you may want to consider are customer support, user reviews, ease of use and whether or not the exchange is registered with a local regulator. This information can be found by clicking on the exchange name in the table which will take you to its review page.
What will I need to buy Balancer?
To create an account on any cryptocurrency exchange you will need an email address. Some exchanges may also ask for a phone number and photo ID, so it's a good idea to have those ready.
An increasing number of cryptocurrency exchanges will ask to verify your identity before you can deposit funds and start trading Balancer.
- This process is known as Know Your Customer (KYC) and usually requires photo ID and a webcam or smartphone. You may also need to prove your address by uploading a copy of a recent bank statement or utility bill.
- Some exchanges allow you to deposit and trade cryptocurrencies without passing KYC, but they will not allow you to transfer local currency from your bank account. So if you are planning on purchasing BAL with your local currency then you will need to pass KYC.
- Once you have verified your identity, it is a good idea to enable 2-factor authentication (2FA) before depositing any funds. This will increase the security of your account and help keep your funds safe.
What is the easiest way to buy Balancer?
The easiest way to buy BAL is by placing an 'instant buy' order to purchase it for a fixed price but not all crypto exchanges offer this feature.
Alternatively, you can open a trade on the spot market which allows you to set your own price – this is the most common way to purchase cryptocurrency. Using the instant buy feature is straightforward but typically more expensive than using the spot market.
Before buying BAL, you may want to check the market conditions. To help you decide if now is the right time to buy, you can take a look at our Analysis tools to get an idea of how the price of Balancer has been performing recently.
Best Balancer wallets to store your BAL
You can keep your BAL on the exchange you purchased it on, or move it to a personal wallet:
- Some people like to use their own wallets to guarantee total ownership over their assets, or to use them with other applications like DeFi services.
- Hardware wallets are typically considered to be the safest type of cryptocurrency wallet, as they use a physical device to enhance security in a number of ways. You can learn more about wallets and compare them with our comprehensive guide.
Is Balancer a good investment?
Cryptocurrency is a highly volatile and speculative asset, and there’s a lot to consider before you decide to add some to your portfolio. In the case of BAL, here are some things you should know:
- Competition: As the decentralised finance world continues to evolve, more and more earning platforms are competing for a portion of the market share. A number of very popular automated market makers alongside Balancer – Curve and Uniswap both already have a large userbase of liquidity providers. Balancer does have an advantage given its unique balancing algorithm, but it will still need to prove its worth over other, more well-known platforms.
- Governance: Those that have purchased BAL tokens may want to participate in the project and contribute to its future development. Doing so is not as simple as holding BAL in a wallet – you must also provide liquidity on the platform and receive LP tokens. Only then will you be delegated voting power and given the ability to put forward and vote on proposals.
- Tokenomics: The maximum supply of BAL tokens is 100 million. 25 million were provided to the founders, advisors and investment team. A further 10 million are kept for running the ecosystem and the remaining 65 million were kept for distribution to liquidity providers (LPs). 145,000 BAL tokens are distributed per week to LPs which means the total supply will be fully liquid in 2028.
Additional information about Balancer can be found using our BAL analysis tools.
Today's Balancer price versus ATH
Compare today's price of Balancer ($5.17 USD) against its all-time-high price of $74.45 USD on 04 May 2021. The closer the bar is to 100%, the closer BAL is to reaching its ATH again.
ATH date: May 04, 2021
Balancer ATH: $74.45
How to trade, convert or sell BalancerYou can convert or sell your BAL with the same exchange you bought it through:
- Sign in to the exchange you have BAL on.
- If you store your Balancer in a digital wallet, compare crypto exchanges to convert or sell it on.
- Choose Sell or Convert and place a sell order.
- Choose the amount of BAL you'd like to convert or sell.
- Confirm the sell price and fees and close your sale of Balancer.
- Complete your transaction and move your BAL to a wallet for storage.
Cryptocurrencies are speculative and investing in them involves significant risks - they're highly volatile, vulnerable to hacking and sensitive to secondary activity. The value of investments can fall as well as rise and you may get back less than you invested. Past performance is no guarantee of future results. This content shouldn't be interpreted as a recommendation to invest. Before you invest, you should get advice and decide whether the potential return outweighs the risks. Finder, or the author, may have holdings in the cryptocurrencies discussed.
More guides on Finder
How to buy EthereumPoW (ETHW) in the UK
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy EthereumPoW, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (ETHW).
How to buy Coinbase Wrapped Staked ETH (CBETH) in the UK
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Coinbase Wrapped Staked ETH, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (CBETH).
How to buy Tornado Cash (TORN) in the UK
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Tornado Cash, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (TORN).
EthereumPoW (ETHW) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy EthereumPoW, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on ETHW.
Coinbase Wrapped Staked ETH (CBETH) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Coinbase Wrapped Staked ETH, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on CBETH.
Splintershards (SPS) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Splintershards, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on SPS.
Tornado Cash (TORN) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Tornado Cash, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on TORN.
Bridge Oracle (BRG) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Bridge Oracle, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on BRG.
How to buy Terra Luna Classic (LUNC) in the UK
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Terra Luna Classic, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on (LUNC).
Terra Luna Classic (LUNC) price, chart, coin profile and news
This guide provides step-by-step instructions on how to buy Terra Luna Classic, lists some exchanges where you can get it and provides daily price data on LUNC.
Ask an Expert