We’ve reviewed the landlord insurance through Let Alliance, to see if it can tailor its buildings and contents protection to your requirements.
Although it’s not a legal requirement, landlord insurance could protect you if something goes wrong with your rental property. It could offer you the peace of mind that you won’t be out of pocket if the unexpected happens.
Let Alliance offers landlord insurance that includes accidental damage cover on buildings as standard, legal liability up to £5 million and contents cover up to £50,000. Landlords with more than 3 properties could receive a 5% discount on a home premium. Those with more than 31 properties in their portfolio could benefit from up to a 10% discount. Here’s what else we think you should know about this specialist broker.
Compare home insurance
Who is Let Alliance?
Let Alliance provides specialist services and products for landlords, letting agents and tenants.
As well as landlord insurance, it also offers home emergency assistance cover for landlords.
Let Alliance Ltd is an appointed representative of Advent Solutions Management Ltd, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
What is covered under my policy?
Let Alliance’s landlord insurance includes a range of features including:
- Up to £500,000 buildings sum insured as standard (up to £2 million upon request)
- Buildings accidental damage
- Legal liability cover up to £5 million
- Trace and access up to £5,000
- Loss of rent up to 20%
- Unoccupancy cover for up to 90 days
- Contents cover up to £50,000
- Key and lock cover
For a full list of policy features, you’ll need to check your policy details carefully to ensure you have the right cover for your needs.
- Increased buildings insurance
- Nil excess home emergency cover option with unlimited claims
What is my excess?
Your insurance excess is the amount of money you will need to pay towards a claim. Your insurer won’t pay out for a claim that costs less than this amount.
Let Alliance has £0, £250 or £500 excesses available. You’ll find details about any excesses in your policy document.
How much is this going to cost me?
There are a number of factors that can affect the cost of your Let Alliance landlord insurance premium, including:
- Your sum insured. The greater the amount you wish to insure your property or contents for, the more you can expect to pay for cover.
- Your property. The age of your property and the materials from which it is constructed can influence its ability to withstand damage.
- Where your property is located. Certain risks, for example storm or theft, are more prevalent in certain areas and insurers will take this into consideration when calculating your premium.
- Security. Security measures such as an alarm system and deadbolts can act as a deterrent to thieves and therefore reduce the cost of your cover.
What is the claims process for Let Alliance?
You can call the Let Alliance claims line on 0292 055 8766 to make a claim on your landlord insurance.
Depending on the nature of your claim, you will need to have the following information to hand:
- Your policy details and personal contact details.
- The date of the incident.
- Details such as the cause of the incident.
- The value of any lost or damaged items being claimed for.
- Names and addresses of any other people involved in or responsible for the incident, including details of injuries.
It’s vital that you let your insurer know about an incident as soon as possible. Failure to do this could result in a rejected claim later on.
Let Alliance pros and cons
- Landlord insurance can cover a wide range of properties and tenant types.
- Landlord insurance includes buildings accidental damage cover as standard.
- You may be charged a cancellation fee if you terminate your policy.
- Claims line is not open 24/7.