Intasure landlord insurance review
Get the lowdown on the landlord insurance from Intasure.
Landlord insurance could protect you if something goes wrong with your rental property. It’s not mandatory to have this type of cover but it could offer you peace of mind that you won’t be out of pocket if the unexpected happens.
Intasure provides building and contents cover to landlords wishing to let a property. Its policy includes accidental damage cover as standard but can also be enhanced with a range of optional extras including legal expenses, rent guarantee and key cover. What’s more, customers and their friends, who are referred to Intasure, could each receive a £25 shopping voucher. Here’s what else we think you should know about Intasure.
Who is Intasure?
Intasure has a number of years of experience offering insurance in the UK and abroad. It offers a wide range of specialist cover for both personal and business purposes including home, holiday home, landlord, Airbnb host, yacht, static and touring caravans, and hotel insurance amongst others.
Insurance provider Intasure is a trading name of Arthur J Gallagher Insurance Brokers Ltd, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
What is covered under my policy?
Intasure’s landlord insurance policies offer cover and protection for your rental property against certain risks. These include:
- Fire, lightning, explosion or earthquake
- Escape of water
- Theft or attempted theft
- Breakage of aerials or masts and falling trees or branches
- Subsidence, ground heave or landslip
- Accidental loss, destruction or damage
Intasure’s landlord insurance also includes a range of other features. Some of these features include:
- Loss of rent
- Alternative accommodation expenses
- Property owner’s liability
- Accidental damage cover
For a full list of policy features, you’ll need to check your policy details carefully to ensure you have the right cover for your needs.
Intasure offers additional protection that can be bolted onto a landlord insurance policy including:
- Contents of residential units
- Rent guarantee cover
- Key cover
- Legal expenses
What is my excess?
Your insurance excess is the amount of money you will need to pay towards a claim. Your insurer won’t pay out for a claim that costs less than this amount.
You’ll have the choice of an excess of £50, £100, £250, £500 or £1,000 excess on your landlord insurance policy. There is also a specific £1,000 excess for earthquakes or subsidence on a landlord policy.
You’ll find details about excesses in your policy document.
How much is this going to cost me?
There are a number of factors that can affect the cost of your Intasure landlord insurance premium, including:
- Your sum insured. The greater the amount you wish to insure your property or contents for, the more you can expect to pay for cover.
- Your property. The age of your property and the materials from which it is constructed can influence its ability to withstand damage.
- Where your property is located. Certain risks, for example storm or theft, are more prevalent in certain areas and insurers will take this into consideration when calculating your premium.
- Security. Security measures such as an alarm system and deadbolts can act as a deterrent to thieves and therefore reduce the cost of your cover.
What is the claims process for Intasure?
You’ll need to contact Intasure on 0345 111 0672 in order to register your claim and obtain a claim form.
Alternatively, you can post your claim to the following address:
77 Mount Ephraim
Depending on the nature of your claim, you will need to provide the following information:
- Your policy details and personal contact details.
- The date of the incident.
- Details such as the cause of the incident.
- The value of any lost or damaged items being claimed for.
- Names and addresses of any other people involved in or responsible for the incident, including details of injuries.
It’s vital that you let your insurer know about an incident as soon as possible. Failure to do this could result in a rejected claim later on.
Intasure pros and cons
- Landlord insurance can be enhanced with optional extras.
- Accidental damage included as standard.
More guides on Finder
How to get a £200,000 loan
If you’re considering applying for a £200,000 personal loan, check out this guide which explains how to compare lenders and find the best deal.
How to get a £150,000 loan
If you’re considering applying for a £150,000 personal loan, check out this guide which explains how to compare lenders and find the best deal.
How to get a £100,000 loan
If you’re considering applying for a £100,000 personal loan, check out this guide which explains how to compare lenders and find the best deal.
Car insurance group 39
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 39 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 38
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 38 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 40
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 40 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 37
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 37 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Nissan LEAF insurance group and cost
Find and compare car insurance costs for your Nissan LEAF model based on the engine size, the driver’s age and location.
Citroen C4 insurance group and cost
Find out the average cost of insurance for a Citroen C4 based on the driver’s age and location.