Alan Boswell Group landlord insurance review
We've reviewed the landlord insurance through specialist broker Alan Boswell Group. It can cover buildings, contents and liability insurance for residential and commercial properties.
Alan Boswell Group offers landlord insurance that includes malicious damage as standard but can be enhanced with a number of optional extras such as landlord contents insurance, rent guarantee insurance, legal expenses and home emergency cover. Here’s what else we think you should know about this specialist broker.
Who is Alan Boswell Group?
Alan Boswell Group was formed over 35 years ago as a specialist broker. It sources a range of private insurance products for the car, boat and high-value home as well as commercial insurance such as complementary therapy, teachers and motor trade insurance.
Alan Boswell Group is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
What is covered under my policy?
Alan Boswell Group’s landlord insurance includes a range of features that will vary depending on which insurer offers the policy. Some of the key features include:
- All risks material loss or damage to building and/or contents
- Malicious damage cover
- Alternative accommodation
- Loss of rent cover
- Property Owners’ liability cover
- Employer’s liability cover
- Cover for unoccupied properties
For a full list of policy features, you’ll need to check your policy details carefully to ensure you have the right cover for your needs.
- Legal expenses cover
- Legal and rent guarantee cover
- Excess protection cover
- Home emergency cover
- Landlord content insurance
What is my excess?
Your insurance excess is the amount of money you will need to pay towards a claim. Your insurer won’t pay out for a claim that costs less than this amount.
You’ll find details about any excesses in your policy document. The minimum excess with an Alan Boswell Group landlord insurance policy is £250 for general claims while there is a £1,000 excess for subsidence.
How much is this going to cost me?
There are a number of factors that can affect the cost of your Alan Boswell Group landlord insurance premium, including:
- Your sum insured. The greater the amount you wish to insure your property or contents for, the more you can expect to pay for cover.
- Your property. The age of your property and the materials from which it is constructed can influence its ability to withstand damage.
- Where your property is located. Certain risks, for example, storm and theft, are more prevalent in certain areas, and insurers will take this into consideration when calculating your premiums.
- Security. Security measures such as an alarm system and deadbolts can act as a deterrent to thieves and therefore reduce the cost of your cover.
What is the claims process for Alan Boswell Group?
You can call the Alan Boswell Group claims line on 01603 218099 to make a claim on your landlord insurance. If your claim is an emergency, you should refer to your policy document for your insurer’s specific emergency claims line number.
Depending on the nature of your claim, you will need to have the following information to hand:
- Your policy details and personal contact details.
- The date of the incident.
- Details such as the cause of the incident.
- The value of any lost or damaged items being claimed for.
- Names and addresses of any other people involved or responsible for the incident, including details of injuries.
It’s vital that you let your insurer know about an incident as soon as possible. Failure to do this could result in a rejected claim later on.
Alan Boswell Group pros and cons
- Landlord insurance can cover a wide range of properties and tenant types.
- Landlord insurance can be enhanced with optional extras.
More guides on Finder
How to buy TitanSwap (TITAN) in the UK
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the TitanSwap (TITAN) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.
AMC Entertainment shares extend year-long rally to 2,000%
AMC Entertainment Shares surpassed $50 last week to be up more than 2,000% this year, replacing GameStop as Reddit investors most beloved meme stock.
Best car seats of 2021
We used ADAC safety testing data to compare the 10 best child car seats to buy in the UK for 2021. Compare price, weight and safety features.
Amazon Prime Day Shopping Statistics 2021
20% of British adults plan to shop the Amazon Prime Day 2021 sales, according to the latest statistics from Finder’s Amazon Prime Day shopping report.
Apple back-to-school: Best deals and what to expect in the UK
Does Apple have a back-to-school sale in the UK? Find out when the deals start and what to expect from this year’s Apple sale.
Why is the AMC share price still rising?
Shares in AMC Entertainment Holdings are again closing in on their all-time high. The cinema operator has jumped 111% in the past 5 sessions alone. Find out what’s going on with this “meme stock”.
Secret Sales discount codes and promos for June 2021
See if you can get your next Secret Sales order for less with our hand-tested voucher and promo codes.
What is a good credit score?
Find out the difference between a credit score and a credit report as well as what factors can bring it up and down?
How to buy SafeMoon (SAFEMOON) in the UK
This guide will show you step-by-step instructions on how to buy the SafeMoon (SAFEMOON) token as well as a list of exchanges you can trade it on.