Global Reach review: compare rates and get the best deal
Send easy, efficient and cost-effective international money transfers with Global Reach.
Global Reach, formerly known as FC Exchange, offers international money transfer solutions to customers in the UK and around the world. Based in London, the company has handled over £4 billion in transactions since it was established in 2005.
Global Reach offers affordable overseas transfers backed by professional customer service. More than 50% of Global Reach’s customers become clients based on recommendations, and the provider offers a simple three-step transfer process to ensure hassle-free transactions. Read our review of their services below.
Min. Transfer Amount
Max. Transfer Amount
|Product Name||Global Reach International Money Transfers|
|Min. Transfer Amount||GBP 3,000|
|Max. Transfer Amount||No limit|
|Transfer Methods||Online, Phone|
Minimum transfer time
|Customer Service||Phone, Chat, Email|
|Available Currencies||AED, AUD, BBD, BGN, BHD, BSD, CAD, CHF, CNY, CZK, DKK, EUR, GBP, GHS, HKD, HRK, HUF, ILS, INR, JPY, KES, KYD, MXN, NOK, NZD, PLN, RUB, SAR, SEK, SGD, THB, TRY, USD, XCD, ZAR|
|Online Transfer Fee||GBP 20|
|Branch Transfer Fee||GBP 0|
|Phone Transfer Fee||GBP 0|
|Exchange Rate Updates||Real time|
Global Reach exchange rates
As a foreign exchange specialist, Global Reach purchases foreign currency at wholesale rates. This means it is able to pass the resulting savings on to customers by offering better rates than the banks. You can also access live mid-market rates through the Global Reach website, allowing you to stay up to date with developments in the foreign exchange market.
Once you register with Global Reach, a Global Reach broker can provide you with market data, advice, and answer any questions you may have about getting the best exchange rate. You also have the flexibility of locking in a rate for up to two years with a forward contract, while the company’s ‘Best Exchange Rate Guarantee’ ensures that it will match any rate you find from another provider.
Note: There is no maximum amount that you can send with Global Reach. With support for 35 common and exotic currencies, Global Reach also offers fee-free payments when you send more than £10,000 (otherwise, a 10 GBP fee applies).Back to top
How much does it cost to transfer money with Global Reach?
If you send a transfer of more than £10,000 with Global Reach, you will not have to pay any fees on your transaction. Transfers of less than £10,000, on the other hand, attract a flat fee of £10. Other services, such as consulting with a Global Reach broker and registering for an account, are all free.Back to top
Minimum transfer amount and available countries
Global Reach usually only accepts transfers of £3,000 or higher, or an equivalent amount in another currency. However, it does have the capability to handle smaller transfers in some situations.
While there is no list available on the Global Reach website of the countries to which it offers transfers, the company does offer support for transfers in the following currencies:
- United Arab Emirates Dirham (AED)
- Australian Dollar (AUD)
- Bahamian Dollar (BSD)
- Bahrain Dinar (BHD)
- Barbadian Dollar (BBD)
- British Sterling (GBP)
- Bulgarian Lev (BGN)
- Canadian Dollar (CAD)
- Caymanian Dollar (KYD)
- Chinese Yen (CNY)
- Croatian Kuna (HRK)
- Czech Republic Koruna (CZK)
- Danish Krone (DKK)
- East Caribbean Dollar (XCD)
- Euro (EUR)
- Ghanaian Cedi (GHS)
- Hong Kong Dollar (HKD)
- Hungarian Forint (HUF)
- Indian Rupee (INR)
- Israeli Shekel (ILS)
- Japanese Yen (JPY)
- Kenyan Shilling (KES)
- Mexican Peso (MXN)
- Moroccan Dirham (MAD)
- New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
- Norwegian Krone (NOK)
- Polish Zloty (PLN)
- Russian Ruble (RUB)
- Singapore Dollar (SGD)
- South African Rand (ZAR)
- Swedish Krona (SEK)
- Swiss Franc (CHF)
- Thai Baht (THB)
- Turkish Lira (TRY)
- US Dollar (USD)
What types of transfers can you carry out with Global Reach?
- One-off payments. Secure your exchange rate and then send your funds overseas.
- Forward contracts. Fix the exchange rate you want for up to two years in advance. You’ll need to pay a deposit of between 5% and 10% of the transaction value when you lock in your contract.
- Regular payments. Set up a regular payment schedule for the coming weeks, months or even years. A minimum transfer of £500 per month applies.
- Limit orders. Target the exchange rate you want to receive and set up an order to automatically place your transfer when your specified rate becomes available.
If you have a question or you require assistance with a transfer, you can contact phone, email and live chat customer support from 7:30am to 7pm Monday to Thursday, and 7:30am to 6pm Friday. Freecall phone numbers are also available for Global Reach customers in Australia, France, Spain and Cyprus.Back to top
The registration and transfer process
Global Reach offers a simple three-step process when you need to send money overseas:
- Register for an account. This is free to do and only takes a few minutes. You’ll need to fill out a registration form with your personal and bank account details, and Global Reach will then confirm your identity and perform anti-money-laundering verification checks.
- Get an exchange rate. Once you know the details of your transfer, such as where you are sending the funds and in what currency, your Global Reach broker can help you secure an exchange rate. You will be given a contract note to confirm the exchange rate, the amount of currency you are purchasing and any relevant bank details. You can then transfer the necessary funds to Global Reach.
- Global Reach sends your money overseas. Once the money you send has cleared, Global Reach will transfer the funds to your destination.
What are the pros and cons of using Global Reach?
- Fee-free transfers. If you transfer more than £10,000 overseas with Global Reach you will not have to worry about paying any transfer fees.
- Supported currencies. Global Reach allows you to send transfers in 35 currencies.
- Best Exchange Rate Guarantee. Global Reach will match any exchange rate quote you receive from another money transfer provider.
- Customer support. Global Reach offers phone, email and live chat customer support and has impressive customer satisfaction ratings on third-party sites such as TrustPilot.
- High minimum limit. A minimum limit of £3,000 usually applies to transfers, which may be inconvenient for some users.
What other products and services does Global Reach offer?
- Partnerships. Although Global Reach is a currency specialist, it has also developed partnerships with providers that offer additional complementary services such as travel money providers, international relocation services and overseas mortgage providers. You can contact Global Reach for information on finding trusted providers of these services.
- Business transfers. Global Reach has helped thousands of clients, from small businesses to multinational enterprises, move their funds overseas.