Who is Getsafe?
Getsafe is a newcomer to the home insurance space. Launched in Germany in 2015, the company has recently expanded to the UK market.
It offers contents insurance for both tenants and home owners that can be managed easily through an app.
What types of policy are on offer?
Getsafe only offers contents insurance, but the cover is flexible so can be tailored to your needs.
What is covered under my policy?
Getsafe’s contents insurance policy includes:
- Your personal belongings in your home if they are damaged, destroyed or stolen
- Your belongings when left in an unoccupied home for up to 60 days
- Contents outside your home, but within the boundaries of your property
- Lock replacement
- Cover for money against loss or damage in any location in the UK
- Refrigerated food and drink
- Removal of debris of personal property in case of damage
- Retrieving personal data as a result of insured damage to your computer
- Visitors’ possessions, as long as they are not covered elsewhere
- Liability to other people when injured or harmed as a result of your actions (including outside of your home, within the UK)
Getsafe has two optional extras you can add to your cover for an additional fee:
- Personal possessions. Covers you if something happens to your personal belongings outside of your insured home.
- Accidental damage. Covers you for accidents, such as dropping your laptop or spilling red wine on your white sofa.
How to save on your home insurance policy with Getsafe
Many of the factors that affect the price of your home insurance are out of your control, like where your home is located and what it’s made of.
However, having a few extra security measures, like specific types of locks and security cameras, can reduce your insurance costs.
Setting a higher voluntary excess can also lead to lower premiums, but make sure you can actually afford to pay this amount should you need to make a claim.
How do I contact Getsafe?
You can contact the Getsafe customer service team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or through the company’s live chat function on the app – available 24/7.
You can also call 02036084144, lines open Monday to Friday 7am-7pm.
What is the claims process for Getsafe?
You can make a claim on the Getsafe app, by going to the “Service” tab and then “File a claim”. Getsafe’s chatbot, called Carla, will guide you through the process.
Getsafe customer reviews
Getsafe is still pretty new on the UK market, so online customer reviews for the company are not yet available.
However, the Getsafe app has 4.6 out of 5 stars on Google’s Playstore, based on more than 1,200 reviews. On the App Store, the app has 4.8 out of 5 stars, based on more than 50 ratings. (Figures from September 2020.)
Customers love the ease of use and good value product, but some complain about slow reply times from the company.
Getsafe home insurance pros and cons
- 60 days of cover in unoccupied homes included
- The option to cancel your policy daily
- Easily manage your policy through the app
- Cover for visitors’ possessions included
- Accidental damage requires an extra premium
- No standard cover for items outside of the home
- No cover for damage caused by pets
If you want an easy-to-use and easy-to-manage contents insurance policy that you can cancel on a daily basis, Getsafe is for you.
The company offers a good value product for both tenants and home owners.
If you own your property and would like to take out buildings insurance for it as well, you’ll have to get this separately elsewhere. Note that many companies offer combined contents and buildings insurance, which is not currently available through Getsafe. If you need this type of policy, you might want to go with a different provider.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
How to open a new savings account
Learn more about opening a savings account with our guide.
Flexible ISAs: What they are and how they work
Learn more about how flexible ISAs work.
Compare 2-year fixed rate cash ISAs
Find out more about the pros and cons of 2-year fixed rate cash ISAs
Kuda money app review
We take a detailed look at the Kuda money app to see how it works.
Is Volopa’s business payments platform right for your business? We take a closer look at Volopa’s business solutions.
Best ISAs for 2023
Discover the key differences between a cash ISA and a stocks & shares ISA and which option is right for you.
How to buy Nestlé (NESN) shares in the UK
Learn more about Nestlé’s recent performance and where you can invest in Nestlé shares. We also run through some helpful rules of thumb for any investor
Christmas spending in the UK set to drop by more than £5.5 billion in 2022 as cost of living crisis bites
This latest research explores how much the UK is set to spend on Christmas in 2022, and how much Brit’s spend on unwanted gifts.
5 assets investors are buying in the dip: From commodities to ETFs
Markets have taken a hit in 2022. We share which assets are popular in the recent market pull-back. Created in collaboration with eToro
Over half of Brits plan to make a New Year’s resolution in 2023, with health and money leading the way
Over half of Brits plan to make a New Year’s resolution in 2023