Review: England.pl international money transfers
With free transfers over £100 and very competitive exchange rates, England.pl offers a competitive option to send money between the UK and Poland.
- Good for speedy and secure transfers to Poland.
- Not so good for small transfers under £100.
What's in this guide?
- England.pl exchange rates and fees
- Available currencies
- What types of transfers can you make with England.pl?
- How long does a transfer with England.pl take?
- What payment methods does England.pl accept?
- Is England.pl safe to use?
- How to register an account and make your first money transfer
- What is England.pl?
- In a nutshell
- How does England.pl compare to other services?
- Frequently asked questions
England.pl exchange rates and fees
England.pl charges £3 for transfers under £100, but all transfers over £100 are free.
It also adds a margin to the mid-market exchange rate, but at the time of writing (14 February 2020), this was quite small compared with some other UK-to-Poland transfer services.
England.pl is exclusively for sending money from the UK to Poland, so only offers GBP to PLN transfers.
What types of transfers can you make with England.pl?
England.pl lets you send money to all zloty bank accounts in Poland. Once you go through its online verification process, you can transfer up to £10,000 a day.
How long does a transfer with England.pl take?
England.pl claims that transactions are usually carried out within an hour of payment. Payments made before 2pm will be sent to the recipient’s zloty account on the same day. Those made after 2pm will be in the recipient’s account by the next working day at the latest.
What payment methods does England.pl accept?
If you’re sending less than £100, you can pay by card, but it includes a £3 fee. If it’s over £100, then you’ll need to pay by bank transfer.
Transfers typically take
Is England.pl safe to use?
- Regulation: Regulated by the Polish Financial Supervision Authority (KNF).
- Security: Encryption, SSL with 128-bit encryption, GeoTrust certified, GG codes (which is like two-factor authentication).
- Established: 2005.
- Customers: More than 70,000*.
- Reviews: 4.7 out of 5 on Trustpilot, based on more than 100 reviews*.
How does England.pl make money?
England.pl makes money by charging transfer fees. It also adds a small margin to the interbank exchange rate, which is why the exchange rate you might see on Google is slightly different to the one England.pl is quoting.
How to register an account and make your first money transfer
What is England.pl?
England.pl has been running money transfers between the UK and Poland since 2005, transferring £75 million a year for more than 70,000 registered customers.
It says its aim is to make life easier for all Polish people living in the UK by offering simple, cheap and fast transfers between the two countries.
In a nutshell
- No transfer fees for some transfers. You avoid transfer fees only if you’re sending more than £100.
- Competitive exchange rates. You can check out live rates on its homepage.
- Fast transfers. If you send money before 2pm, the recipient will get it on the same day.
- Secure sign-up. Extra measures include email and two-step verification.
- Live chat and Skype instant messaging. The customer service team is available from 6am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
- £3 fee for payments under £100. The fee can be problematic if you want to pay for utility bills.
- No cash pick-up. You can only make bank transfers.
- Poland/UK only. The service is only for sending money between the two countries.
- Potential language issues. Its website is translated clearly into English, but be aware the support team is based in Poland.
How does England.pl compare to other services?The table below shows the fees and exchange rates you can expect from other money transfer specialists compared with England.pl. Compare it with the other providers to see if it’s the best option for you to send money to Poland.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Currentbody discount codes and promos October 2020
See if you can get your next Currentbody order for less with our hand-tested voucher and promo codes.
Review: Small World money transfers
Small World offers competitive rates, instant transfers and multiple payment options to send money to more than 190 countries.
NatWest Longer Balance Transfer Credit Card review 2020
As the name suggests, this card’s main draw is a super-long 0% transfer period.
Eastpak discount codes and promos October 2020
See if you can get your next Eastpak order for less with our hand-tested voucher and promo codes.
Studio discount codes and promos October 2020
See if you can get your next Studio order for less with our hand-tested voucher and promo codes.
Dormeo discount codes and promos October 2020
See if you can get your next Dormeo order for less with our hand-tested voucher and promo codes.
Beauty Pie discount codes and promos October 2020
See if you can get your next Beauty Pie order for less with our hand-tested voucher and promo codes.
AVON discount codes and promos October 2020
Love shopping at AVON? Get your next order for less with our tried and tested vouchers and promo codes.
Shiseido discount codes and promos October 2020
See if you can get your next Shiseido order for less with our hand-tested vouchers and promo codes.
Best international money transfer services
Learn how to compare international money transfer services so you can get the best exchange rates and lowest fees.
Ask an Expert