Yorkshire Bank’s main current account comes with a techie mobile app, and also pays a little interest on your balance.
Yorkshire bank has been trying to combine the benefits of a big bank – physical presence and wide range of products – with those of a challenger bank that offers cool mobile banking features.
Its selection of current accounts isn’t huge, but it does suit some specific needs that not all banks have got covered. Let’s see if there is anything that can work for you.
Similar to Yorkshire Bank
Download N26 now for free
- Take control of your finances with one app
- Manage everything directly in the N26 app
- Set payment limits; change your PIN; lock and unlock your card
- Make no-fee transactions anywhere in the world
Types of current account from Yorkshire Bank
Yorkshire Bank doesn’t offer any kind of children’s or student accounts, but its range of current accounts for adults has got some interesting options.
Reward and incentive accounts
Yorkshire Bank’s top current account, called B, pays a nice little 0.5% interest on balances up to £2,000. However, Yorkshire Bank doesn’t offer any switching incentives, so if that’s what you’re after, you may want to take a look at the competition.
Learn more about reward and incentive accounts
Yorkshire Bank has two types of premium accounts, and they both offer a whole lot of services in return for a monthly fee. Its Signature Current Account is available to everyone and includes a series of insurance features, while its Private Current Account is only for top-tier customers.
Learn more about premium current accounts
Control and basic accounts
Yorkshire Bank has dedicated offers for people who have money issues and struggle to get a regular bank account. You can choose between a fee-free basic account called Readycash, and Current Account Control, an account that blocks unarranged overdrafts in return for a monthly fee.
Learn more about basic accounts
The benefits of banking with Yorkshire Bank
- Interest. The rate isn’t spectacular, but most current accounts don’t pay any interest at all, so it’s worth considering.
- Multiple ways to bank. Yorkshire Bank has around 90 branches (mostly in the north of England and in the Midlands), so you can bank in person, but also online, on your smartphone or on the phone.
- Mobile banking app. The B current account comes with a solid mobile app that, unlike with most traditional banks, offers a series of really cool features, such as the ability to tag and categorise your transactions or set savings goals.
- Global acceptance. Yorkshire Bank’s debit cards are all provided with Mastercard so you can pay for items and take cash out in a huge number of countries throughout the world.
- Round the clock assistance. Yorkshire Bank has a 24/7 customer service, which means you can call them anytime if you have an emergency you don’t know how else to deal with.
- A wide range of financial products. Yorkshire Bank also offers credit cards, savings accounts, loans, mortgages and insurance products – so you can do all your money things with the same institution. The B Current Account already comes with a savings account that pays a 1% interest rate.
Opening an account with Yorkshire Bank
To open an account with Yorkshire Bank, you’ll have to provide the following information:
You can open a B Current Account online – all other current accounts can be opened on the phone or by visiting a branch.
Why should I compare current accounts anyway?
Your current account is probably your most commonly used account. You might as well find one that works well for you! Even if that just means making the most of switch incentives, then so be it.
Shopping around can be a good way to see the different accounts and offers out there. It’s also helpful to see the features which matter most to you. From interest rates and overdrafts to exclusive benefits or perks.
What about digital banking?
If you’d rather have a digital-only bank whose main purpose is making the mobile app as slick and efficient as possible, you may want to consider Starling, Revolut or Monzo. They’re completely changing the British banking scene – head to our digital banking section to find out what’s so special about them.
Get N26 the new bank you'll love to use
Manage everything directly in the N26 app. Set payment limits, change your PIN number and lock and unlock your card. All in real-time.
Free card worth £5 from Revolut
Click the button and enter your number to receive a free Revolut card.
Starling voted best British bank & current account
No branches, no fees, no paperwork. Get a smarter kind of bank account with the Best British Bank 2018 – all in under 3 minutes!
Download the Monese app and get your free card
Click the button to head to the app store, download the app, and your Monese card will be sent in the post.