With secure online transfers and better exchange rates than the banks, Currency Solutions offers a quick and cost-effective way to send money overseas.
Currency Solutions offers a convenient and affordable foreign exchange and international money transfer service. Having helped almost 120,000 clients send money overseas since it was founded in 2003, Currency Solutions offers support for more than 15 currencies and provides transfers all around the world.
Currency Solutions offers its services to individuals and companies, and claims to save its customers between 1% and 4% on average compared to the exchange rates offered by banks. It’s quick and simple to send an international transfer with Currency Solutions, while flexible transfer options such as limit orders allow customers to get a better transfer deal. Read our review below to find out more about Currency Solutions.
|Product Name||Currency Solutions International Money Transfers|
|Min. Transfer Amount||GBP 1,500|
|Max. Transfer Amount||No limit|
|Transfer Methods||Online, Phone|
Minimum transfer time
|Customer Service||Phone, Email|
|Available Currencies||AED, AUD, BBD, BGN, BHD, BRL, CAD, CZK, DKK, EUR, GBP, HKD, HUF, ILS, INR, JPY, KES, KWD, LSL, LTL, LVL, MAD, MXN, NOK, OMR, PLN, QAR, SAR, SEK, SGD, THB, TND, TRY, USD, ZAR|
|Online Transfer Fee||GBP 10|
|Phone Transfer Fee||GBP 1|
|Exchange Rate Updates||Real time|
- No money transfer fee
- Competitive exchange rate
- Wide range of currencies
- High minimum transfer amount
Get to know Currency Solutions
Transfer your money with Azimo
How to beat the bank’s poor rates: Currency Solutions exchange rates
As a foreign exchange specialist, Currency Solutions trades large volumes of foreign currency. This allows it to purchase currency at wholesale rates, and it can pass those savings onto consumers in the form of better exchange rates than are available from banks.
If you’d like to see how Currency Solutions’ exchange rates compare to those offered by other providers, you can provide your contact details and transfer information on the Currency Solutions website to obtain a free quote.Back to top
How much does it cost to transfer money with Currency Solutions?
If you need to transfer an amount of £10,000 or more with Currency Solutions, you won’t have to pay any transfer fee.
For transfers smaller than £10,000 but above the minimum transfer amount of £3,000, a £10 fee applies. Other than that, there are no hidden fees or commissions to worry about, and all transfers are completed quickly and securely online.Back to top
Minimum transfer amount and available countries
The minimum amount you can send with Currency Solutions is £3,000. No maximum transfer amount is listed.
Currency Solutions offers support for a wide range of popular and exotic foreign currencies, including:
- US Dollar (USD)
- Australian Dollar (AUD)
- Bulgarian Lev (BGN)
- Bahraini Dinar (BHD)
- Brazilian Real (BRL)
- Bermudian Dollar (BMD)
- Canadian Dollar (CAD)
- Czech Koruna (CZK)
- Danish Krone (DKK)
- Euro (EUR)
- Pound Sterling (GBP)
- Hong Kong Dollar (HKD)
- Croatian Kuna (HRK)
- Israeli Shekel (ISL)
- Indian Rupee (INR)
- Hungarian Forint (HUF)
- Japanese Yen (JPY)
- New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
- Kenyan Shilling (KES)
- Kuwaiti dinar (KWD)
- Sri Lankan Rupee (LKR)
- Mexican Peso (MXN)
- Norwegian Krone (NOK)
- Omani Real (OMR)
- Polish Zloty (PLN)
- Qatari Rial (QAR)
- Saudi Riyal (SAR)
- Singapore Dollar (SGD)
- Tunisian Dinar (TND)
- Turkish Lira (TRY)
- South African Rand (ZAR)
- Swedish Krona (SEK)
- Swiss Franc (CHF)
- Thai Baht (THB)
- United Arab Emirates Dirham (AED)
- Moroccan Dirham (MAD)
Currency Solutions can offer transfers to countries all over the world, except destinations where international sanctions are in place, such as North Korea.Back to top
What types of transfers can you carry out with Currency Solutions?
- Spot transfers. A one-off spot transfer is a quick and easy way to lock in a competitive exchange rate and send an instant international transfer.
- Forward contracts. A forward contract allows you to lock in a good exchange rate now for a transfer that will be completed up to three years in the future. Currency Solutions also allows you to fix your rate and set up a repeating money transfer.
- Limit orders. If you have a target exchange rate you would like to achieve for your transfer, you can enter your transfer request and the transaction will automatically completed when your desired exchange rate becomes available.
- Stop loss orders. A stop loss order allows you to automatically transfer currency when the exchange rate reaches a pre-defined threshold below the current exchange rate. This allows you to minimise your losses.
If you ever need help with a transaction, Currency Solutions has a helpful online support centre. Alternatively, you could phone or email the company direct – its London office is staffed 8:30am to 6pm Monday to Thursday and 8:30am to 5pm Friday.Back to top
What you need to know about the registration and transfer process
Before you can send a transfer with Currency Solutions you will need to sign up for an account. This can be done by providing your name, contact details and ID online, but you don’t have to pay any fee to register.
Next, enter all the details of your international money transfer, including:
- The amount you’re sending.
- The currency for your transfer.
- Who you’re sending money to and where.
You will then be given a quote that details the exchange rate and fee that will apply to your transaction. If you’re happy with the total cost, you can place your transfer straight away. An online tracking service is in place to keep you up to date at each step in the transfer process.Back to top
What are the pros and cons of using Currency Solutions
- Competitive exchange rates. Because it has lower overheads than the banks and concentrates solely on foreign currency, Currency Solutions can offer better exchange rates than the banks.
- Fee-free transfers. There are no transfer fees when you send more than £10,000
- Supported currencies. Currency Solutions supports more than 15 currencies and offers transfers all around the world.
- High minimum amount. The minimum transfer amount with Currency Solutions is £3,000
What other products and services does Currency Solutions offer?
- Business transfers. Currency Solutions offers a wide range of foreign exchange products for businesses, including a wide range of transfer options and in-depth industry insight and market analysis.
- Tools. Currency Solutions also offers a currency converter and foreign exchange news through its website.
Frequently asked questions
If you need to send an international money transfer from the UK, consider the services of Currency Solutions. Compare the exchange rates and features of a variety of transfer providers to find the right company to handle your transactions.