Min. Transfer Amount
Max. Transfer Amount
|Product Name||Clear Capital International Money Transfers|
|Min. Transfer Amount||GBP 1,000|
|Max. Transfer Amount||No limit|
|Transfer Methods||Online, Phone, Bank Account to Bank Account, International Money Order|
|Transfer Options||Regular payments, One off payments, Market orders, Forward contracts|
Minimum transfer time
|Customer Service||Phone, Chat, Email, Branch|
|Available Currencies||AED, ALL, AMD, ANG, AOA, ARS, AUD, BBD, BDT, BGN, BHD, BMD, BOB, BSD, BWP, BZD, CAD, CDF, CHF, CLP, CNY, CRC, CVE, CZK, DJF, DKK, DOP, DZD, EGP, ETB, EUR, FJD, GBP, GEL, GHS, GMD, GNF, GTQ, GYD, HKD, HNL, HRK, HUF, IDR, ILS, INR, ISK, JMD, JOD, JPY, KES, KRW, KWD, KYD, KZT, LKR, LRD, LSL, MAD, MGA, MRO, MUR, MWK, MXN, MYR, MZN, NAD, NGN, NIO, NOK, NPR, NZD, OMR, PEN, PHP, PKR, PLN, PYG, QAR, RON, RSD, RUB, RWF, SAR, SCR, SEK, SGD, SLL, SRD, STD, SZL, THB, TND, TTD, TWD, TZS, UAH, UGX, USD, UYU, VUV, XAF, XCD, XOF, ZAR, ZMW|
|Online Transfer Fee||GBP 0|
What's in this guide?
- Clear Capital exchange rates and fees
- Available currencies
- What types of transfers can you make with Clear Capital Exchange?
- How long does a transfer with Clear Capital Exchange take?
- What payment methods does Clear Capital Exchange accept?
- Is Clear Capital Exchange safe to use?
- How to register an account
- How do you make a money transfer?
- What is Clear Capital Exchange?
- In a nutshell
- How does Clear Capital Exchange compare to other services?
- Frequently asked questions
Clear Capital exchange rates and fees
Clear Capital says it charges no fees for any transfers over £2,000. For transfers under £2,000 it charges a £10 fee to cover costs.
As with other online transfer services, it also adds a margin to real-time mid-market exchange rates.
Clear Capital Exchange gives you access to more than 150 different currencies worldwide. You can see the full list above, but some of the popular currencies include:
- AUD Australian dollar
- EUR Euro
- INR Indian rupee
- NGN Nigerian naira
- NZD New Zealand dollar
- SGD Singapore dollar
- USD US dollar
- ZAR South African rand
What types of transfers can you make with Clear Capital Exchange?
Clear Capital offers various transfer options to help you get the most out of your transaction:
- Spot payments. A one-off payment that you can book at today’s rate, with the option of paying within two days.
- Limit orders. Set a target exchange rate, and if it’s reached overnight in another market (like New York or Hong Kong), the money transfer is carried out.
- Forward contracts. Lock in an exchange rate for up to five years in the future and protect your business from volatile currency movements.
Either you can contact your account manager to arrange the transfer, or you can do it yourself through Clear Capital’s user-friendly online payments platform.
How long does a transfer with Clear Capital Exchange take?
Same-day transfers are available to countries including many in the Eurozone, the USA, South Africa and China. Transfers to other destinations take between one and two working days.
What payment methods does Clear Capital Exchange accept?
You send the money via wire transfer from your bank account to the recipient’s.
Transfers typically take
Is Clear Capital Exchange safe to use?
- Regulation: Clear Capital Exchange’s payment and foreign exchange services are provided by Ebury Partners UK Ltd who are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
- Security: All client accounts are fully ring fenced and segregated.
- Established: January 2018.
- Customers: Ebury Partners claims to be trading over £12bn in foreign exchange and to have more than 24,000 businesses and private clients.
- Reviews: Rated 4.7 out of 5 from around 23 reviews on Trustpilot*.
How does Clear Capital Exchange make money?
Clear Capital makes its money through the interbank exchange rate margin, meaning that it adds on a small margin to the interbank rate to cover its own costs.
You may have noticed that the exchange rate you see on Google or XE is different to the one being quoted to you, and this margin is the reason why.
It also charges a £10 fee for any transfers under £2,000.
How to register an account
How do you make a money transfer?
You can either transfer money through your dedicated account manager (who you’re assigned once you’ve registered your account) or online through Clear Capital’s online payments platform.
What is Clear Capital Exchange?
Clear Capital was set up in January 2018 in London. It says its aim is to provide trust, reliability and commitment to all sized business and private clients.
Its team of dealers and account managers have many years of experience in mitigating risk and managing client accounts within the foreign currency market.
In a nutshell
- Access to more than 150 currencies. See above for the full list.
- Various transfer options. You can choose from making a spot payment, limit order or forward contract.
- Fast transfers. Same day or next working day transfers available to numerous destinations.
- One-to-one customer support. You get a dedicated account manager, who will support you through the process step by step.
- Highly rated reviews. Rated 4.7 out of 5 on Trustpilot*
- £10 charge for transfers under £2,000. Clear Capital says this is to cover costs.
- No cash pick-up. Bank to bank account only.
How does Clear Capital Exchange compare to other services?
The table below shows the fees and exchange rates that you can expect from other money transfer specialists compared with Clear Capital. Compare Clear Capital with the other providers to see if it’s the best option for you for sending money abroad.