Access 1.25% interest rate
Chip is designed for people who may struggle to put money to aside if left to their own devices – and their own bad budgeting habits! By using artificial intelligence (AI) to work out how much you can easily afford to save, Chip will move small amounts of money from your current account into a Chip account at regular intervals (which you can control). The idea is that you won’t notice a dent in your everyday disposable income, but before you know it, you’ve created a little savings pot for yourself.
Chip is managed through an app, which is fee to download and use. But it does charge £1 if you save more than £100 with Chip in a 28-day period (more on this below). This means that Chip is best suited to people who want to save small amounts or would ordinarily lack the financial discipline to set money to one side each month.
Pros and cons of Chip
While there are many benefits of a Chip account, money moving automatically may be more suited to some than others. It’s important to consider whether the benefits suit you personally.
- Your money is held in an instant-access account.
- Chip enables you to gradually build up savings hassle-free.
- You have control over the automatic transactions. Deposits can be decreased, increased or cancelled before they go ahead.
- Live chat customer support 8am-5pm Monday to Friday.
- Option to open a Chip+1 account to earn a bonus on your savings.
- It isn’t possible to set up a standing order.
- You won’t earn interest on your savings in a general Chip account
- Larger lump sums cannot be deposited into the account. Deposits are limited to £600 per month.
More guides on Finder
Axie Infinity guide: How to play and earn
Axie Infinity is an RPG game that is currently dominating the NFT sector. Discover what Axies are, what makes them unique and how you can earn money simply by playing.
Vrbo discount codes and promos for July 2021
Get a discount on your next Vrbo booking with these tested and verified Vrbo discount codes and promos.
What is Compound Finance?
We explore how to use Compound Finance for lending and borrowing.
Secret Sales discount codes and promos for July 2021
See if you can get your next Secret Sales order for less with our hand-tested voucher and promo codes.
Compare breakdown cover
Use our helpful guide to find the right breakdown cover for you.
Alamo discount codes and promos July 2021
See if you can get your next Alamo car rental for less with our hand-tested voucher and promo codes.
How to invest in cryptocurrency
Learn how to get started investing in cryptocurrency, the methods available to you, and what to keep in mind before making your first purchase.
Ask an Expert