Chevrolet Kalos Insurance
Find out how much it’ll cost you to insure an Chevrolet Kalos and how you can save on your premiums.
The Kalos, is renowned primarily for its affordability compared to other vehicles in the field. Whilst not the most powerful hatchback, the Kalos offers a compact and cheaper ride than others on the market – praised particularly for its usefulness for smaller families.
If you’re looking to insure a Chevrolet Kalos, you’re in the right place. Keep reading to see how much you’d be expected to pay for your insurance premiums – and how you could save!
Average insurance rates
Our research suggests that you can expect to pay an average of £35.10 a month in insurance payments for your Kalos. A single annual sum would set you back approximately £369.91, putting insurance rates for a Kalos in the mid-range for similar Chevrolet models.
If you’re wondering how we calculated these figures, we aggregated a variety of quotes offered by several well-known insurance companies, altering key variables and using the following information as a base:
- The model was identified as a 2008 model Chevrolet Kalos, right-hand-drive non-import.
- The driver was identified as thirty-years-old male teacher from Exeter.
- During the day, the car was kept in a public car park. It was identified as being parked on a driveway at the driver’s home during night-time hours.
- We requested comprehensive cover.
- No tracking devices were fitted on the car.
- The car was fitted with the factory standard alarms – and nothing more.
- Application of a five years no-claims discount.
- The driver had five years with no driving convictions, and a clean rap sheet for non-motoring offences.
- No additional drivers were present on the policy.
- The driver kept to the national average of 10,000 miles driven per year.
What factors may affect my insurance rate – and how can I keep my price down?
Saving is as crucial to the car insurance experience as the act of insuring the car itself. Everybody wants to get a bargain on their premiums – you’re not the first, and you certainly won’t be the last. We’ve collected some of the top factors that affect your insurance rates, and offered some advice about how to make sure your premiums are kept down.
- There is a noticeable difference in pricing between monthly and annual insurance payments. If you are able to do so, consider making the switch to a single yearly payment. It may be a lot to come out of your account in one single transaction, but this move would save you £51.24 every year – that’s almost one-and-a-half months of insurance saved!
- Our research indicates that you’d be expected to pay more for the 5-door Kalos model, to the tune of some £14.98 every year for the 1150CC model. Whilst less convenient, consider purchasing the 3-door Kalos to keep your premiums down.
- Try to reduce the amount you drive. Insurers will reward those drivers who are close to – or below – the average of 10,000 miles a year.
- Consider researching and investing in the safety add-ons available for your car. Insurers will likely reward this effort to increase safety and security with lower premiums.
- Maintain your no-claims and no-convictions discounts for as long as possible. As you may expect, your prices are lower the longer this period.
Facts about the Chevrolet Kalos
- The Kalos was originally revealed, then marketed as the Daewoo Kalos, at the Geneva Motor Show in 2002.
- In a scathing review from 2008, Auto Express magazine gave the Kalos a rating of just one out of five stars, deeming it an ‘also-ran’ in a field of competitive supermini brands.
- The Kalos has a place in the G-ranks of road tax classifications.
- Try to keep your no-claims discount spotless for as long as possible! As you might expect, premiums are lower the longer your no-claims period.
- The Chevrolet Kalos has travel from 0-60mp in 11.1 seconds. This has led one reviewer to deem the vehicle ‘pleasantly punchy’ in terms of performance.
How safe is the Chevrolet Kalos?
The Kalos has received average reviews in terms of safety performance. When tested by Euro NCAP in 2006, they gave the Kalos a 3/5 rating, including 3/5 stars for both adult and child occupant safety.
As standard, the Kalos is fitted with anti-lock brakes, front and side airbags, and an ISOFIX anchorage point for child seats in the back of the car. Power-assisted steering and central locking are also available. If you opt for the SX variant, you would also see a tachometer and the ability to adjust the driver’s seat depending on height. Whilst not the most remarkable or safety-conscious car on the market, the Kalos does the job and boasts a raft of features that aim to keep the driver and occupants safe and comfortable.
It is worth asking your insurer what extra safety and security features you can add to your car in return for lower premiums.
More guides on Finder
Peugeot 108 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 108 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Multi bike insurance
Consider your options with multi motorcycle insurance and learn about ways to save on your insurance premiums.
Find out about the Fidelity self invested personal pension (SIPP) including what you can invest in, what features are available and how much it costs.
Lexus IS200 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Lexus IS200 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lexus CT200 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the Lexus CT200 based on your age and location.
MG ZR insurance group
Find out which insurance group the MG ZR falls under and how much it costs to insure.
MG3 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the MG3 based on your age and location.
Daewoo Matiz insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Daewoo Matiz falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Student gadget insurance
Find out what gadget insurance for students includes, who qualifies for it and how to find the best cover for you at the best price.
How will Brexit affect you?
Be prepared for what comes next after the UK leaves the EU, with our Q&A guide.
Ask an Expert