Chevrolet Camaro Insurance
Use our guide to find out how much it'll cost you to insure an Chevrolet Camaro and how you can save on your premiums.
The Camaro typifies the ‘oldie but a goodie’ mentality when it becomes to Chevrolet. One of the most famous muscle cars in the world, the Camaro was released all the way back in 1967 to compete with the iconic Ford Mustang.
The Camaro will enter into its ninth generation of vehicle in 2019. Keep reading to find out just how much you could expect to pay for your Camaro car insurance and how you could bring down your insurance cost.
Average insurance rates for the Chevrolet Camaro
Our research indicates that you can keep your Camaro insured for £149.03 per month, or a single yearly instalment of £1,632.32. Whilst expensive, the old saying applies: you get what you pay for. And with the Camaro, you certainly get a lot.
We used the following information as a baseline for our insurance inquiries:
- The driver was identified as a thirty-year-old man from Exeter, employed as a teacher.
- We requested comprehensive insurance.
- The driver was the only person covered in the insurance policy. The vehicle was the only one owned by the driver, and used for social, domestic, pleasure, and commuting purposes.
- The driver was in line with the national average of 10,000 miles every year.
- The vehicle was secured in a public car park during day and on a driveway during the night.
- The car was fitted with factory-standard safety and security measures.
- The driver maintained a five-year record with no claims and no convictions, motoring or otherwise.
How can I save on my premiums?
- As you might expect, you pay more to insure models with larger engine capacities. However, with the Camaro, this is greater than you’d expect. An automatic 6.2L model could cost, by some estimates, approximately £99.06 more than the 3.8L model every month.
- Insurance companies will be interested in your personal situation. This includes details such as your age, sex, marital status, and geographical location, and can be expanded to include your no-claims discount and record of motoring and non-motoring convictions.
- Try to stay within the national average of 10,000 miles per year.
- Insurers would like to know whether your vehicle has any modifications installed. This includes safety and security features, which might bring down your premiums, and non-safety modifications, which would likely be viewed poorly.
- Financial situation dependent, it may be advantageous to switch from paying your insurance payments monthly or in an annual statement. This switch is predicted to save you an average of £156.08 every year.
Facts about the Chevrolet Camaro
- When the Camaro was first revealed in 1966, the press asked ‘What is a Camaro?’ and were informed that the answer was ‘a small, vicious animal that eats Mustangs.’
- The history of the Camaro suggests that its name comes from the French translation for ‘comradeship’, but this is in fact not the case. The translation is similar, but not exact.
- Motor Trend Magazine named the Chevrolet Camaro its 2016 Car of the Year.
How safe is the Chevrolet Camaro?
The Camaro has been positively reviewed for safety by numerous critics. The National Highway Safety Traffic Administration gave the vehicle a solid five-star rating, and the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety also granted the Camaro a near-perfect rating across the board.
The 2018 Chevrolet Camaro is fitted with a vast range of safety and security features as standard, so don’t worry! These include your typical multiple airbags, but also include traction control, daytime running lights, electronic stability control, and brake assist software. If you’re looking for a safe muscle car, this just might be the car for you! Ask your insurer what extra safety and security features you can add in return for lower premiums.
More guides on Finder
Courier van insurance
Find out what van insurance for courier drivers includes, who it’s for and how to save on your policy.
Peugeot 108 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 108 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Multi bike insurance
Consider your options with multi motorcycle insurance and learn about ways to save on your insurance premiums.
Find out about the Fidelity self invested personal pension (SIPP) including what you can invest in, what features are available and how much it costs.
Lexus IS200 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Lexus IS200 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lexus CT200 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the Lexus CT200 based on your age and location.
MG ZR insurance group
Find out which insurance group the MG ZR falls under and how much it costs to insure.
MG3 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the MG3 based on your age and location.
Daewoo Matiz insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Daewoo Matiz falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Peugeot 3008 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 3008 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ask an Expert