For some UK drivers, buying a car from a dealer can be almost impossible. Get Me Car Finance offers multiple ways for you to buy a car with finance, even if you’ve had problems obtaining credit in the past. What’s more, Get Me Car Finance can even find you a car.
Get Me Car Finance (GMCF) aims to help people in all circumstances – whether employed, self-employed, or on benefits. Got a poor credit rating? That shouldn’t stop you from getting car finance with GMFC. If you’ve been refused elsewhere, then because GMCF underwrites its own car finance packages, it will still aim to help.
Financing a car is a big responsibility, however. Buying a car on finance requires you to commit to monthly payments, so make sure you carefully work out your budget and choose an affordable option. Don’t forget to take into consideration other costs you’ll need to pay out, such as maintenance costs, before making your final decision. Late repayments will damage your credit score, making it harder to source future finance.
Get Me Car Finance
Get Me Car Finance specialises in providing car finance for people who have had problems obtaining credit in the past, or have a poor credit record.
- All circumstances considered
- Employed, self-employed or on benefits
- Deposits from 0%
Representative example: Representative 27.4% APR. Based on a loan of £7,500 over 4 years with monthly repayments of £246.43 and a total cost of £4328.83.
Warning: Late repayments can cause you serious money problems. See our debt help guides.
Finder.com is a credit broker, not a lender, for consumer credit products. Our services are provided at no cost to you, but we may receive a commission from the companies we refer you to.
How does it work?
- Fill in the application form.
GMCF’s straightforward application is easy to complete, and GMCF guarantee to get back to customers within 48hrs.
- Choose a car.
With access to thousands of cars across its dealer network, finding you your perfect car should not be a problem. Customers are also able to get their vehicles from any dealership of their choice across the UK as long as the dealership has a consumer credit licence. If you don’t see the car you want, tell GMCF and it will endeavour to find the right car for you.
- Complete and return the documents.
Once you’ve picked your car, finance documents will be sent to you to complete and return.
- Car pick-up/delivery.
GMCF will either deliver or you can collect your new car.
What types of finance can GMCF provide?
Get Me Car Finance offers the following options to help get you on the road:
- All credit circumstances considered.
- Deposits from 0%.
- Pay fixed monthly instalments over 1, 2, 3 or 4 years.
- Take ownership of the car by paying a £150 final purchase fee.
- End your agreement by paying off the total due.
- All credit circumstances considered.
- Cars up to 6 years old.
- Pay a deposit (normally equivalent to 3 monthly payments).
- Pay fixed monthly instalments over 3 years.
- Annual mileage limit.
- Smaller monthly repayments.
- Take ownership of the car by paying a pre-agreed ballon payment at the end of your repayment period.
- End your agreement early by paying off the total due.
How much will I pay?
The cost of your car finance will depend on factors like how much finance you want, how long you want it for and your credit score.
- Long term finance. Generally speaking, if you choose a longer repayment period, you’ll pay less each month but more in total.
- Short term finance. Generally speaking, paying back your finance over a shorter period will mean you pay more each month, but less in total.
- Deposit size. Paying a larger deposit will cut your monthly repayments and the total amount of interest you pay.
- Credit rating. A better credit score will mean you have to pay less in interest.
What is APR?If you’re comparing any credit-based products, it won’t be long before you’ll come across the Annual Percentage Rate (APR). This figure is designed to provide an annual summary of the cost of a loan. It takes into account both interest and any mandatory charges to be paid (for example an arrangement fee) over the duration of a loan.
All lenders must calculate the APR of their products in the same way and must tell you the APR before you sign an agreement, so for consumers it can be a handy tool for comparison, alongside other features such as the total amount payable.
Bear in mind, however, that lenders are only obliged to award this rate to 51% of those who take out the loan – the other 49% could pay more. That’s why it’s often referred to as the representative APR.
What criteria must I meet?
GMCF do their best to help anyone that can afford to finance a car, whether they’re self employed, or on benefits. However you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Aged 18 or over.
- Working part time, full time, or on benefits.
- UK resident for at least 6 months.
- Minimum £400 per month disposable income.
- Hold a driving licence.
What is Get Me Car Finance good and bad at?
Frequently asked questions