Vauxhall car insurance rates
What to expect when insuring a Vauxhall, and the insurers that could cover you.
When it comes to motor car history, Vauxhall is close behind Ford, having manufactured cars since 1903. Although now owned by German manufacturer Opel, many Vauxhall cars are still British made in Luton and Ellesmere Port.
It’s one of the most popular brands on British roads, with over 177,298 sold in the UK in 2018. The most popular model is the Corsa, with 52,915 being bought by British motorists in 2018.
What’s the average insurance cost for a Vauxhall?
The insurance cost for a Vauxhall varies greatly depending on the model you select and your own circumstances. For the Vauxhall Corsa, the most popular Vauxhall model on UK roads, we ran quotes using a scenario and found the average was £620.53 annually or £57.19 a month for fully comprehensive cover with no optional extras. Your actual quote will be more or less, depending on your driving record and the number of miles you drive in a year as well as other factors.
Companies that provide cover for a Vauxhall
Plenty of insurance companies will provide cover for a Vauxhall, and they’re generally affordable cars to insure. However, they are sometimes targeted by thieves, which can up the price of your premium. Other factors that affect the cost include the model, mileage and trim package.
Vauxhall car facts
- Vauxhall, the company, was founded in 1857 in the south London district of Vauxhall. Originally an iron works company, it began manufacturing motor cars in 1903.
- Three Vauxhall models were among the 20 top selling cars in the UK in 2017, including the Corsa, Astra and Mokka X. Other popular models include the Vectra and the Zafira.
- Vauxhall obtained a Royal Warrant Holder as Motor Vehicle Manufacturers to Her Majesty The Queen in 1967.
- Driving instructors are fond of Vauxhalls when teaching students to drive, with the cars being used in many motoring schools.
- Vauxhall cars sold outside the UK have been branded as Opel since the 1980s.
- The US-owned General Motors sold Vauxhall to German manufacturer Opel in 2017 after 102 years. GM originally bought Vauxhall in 1925.
- Vauxhall produced the world’s first sports car and Britain’s first 100 miles-per-hour car.
Other car brands you might want to see rates for include:
Frequently asked questions about Vauxhall
Read more on this topic
John Lewis Finance car insurance review Find out the key details about John Lewis Finance car insurance in our review and compare quotes to get the right deal for you and your car.
InsureLearnerDriver discount codes You can save on expensive car insurance using our InsureLearnerDriver discount codes and vouchers.
Voided and cancelled car insurance Read our guide to understand why honesty is always the best policy to avoid your car insurance being voided or cancelled.
How car modifications affect insurance Before you pimp your ride, find out which modifications are likely to increase your insurance premiums and which ones will see your car cover fall.
Tax free cars Thinking about buying a new car? Read our guide first as you may find a way to avoid paying road tax altogether and save on your car insurance.
Specialist car insurance Read our guide to discover all the different types of specialist car insurance and find out if you can save on your car cover.
By Miles car insurance review By Miles offers pay-as-you-go car insurance for those who only drive occasionally.
Why is car insurance so expensive? Find out how to cut the cost of your car insurance without cutting any cover.
Instant car insurance See how you can get immediate cover and compare instant car insurance quotes now.
Cheap car insurance for new drivers over 30 See how car insurance works if you're over 30, and ways you can save as a new driver.