Here’s our analysis of the temporary car insurance on offer through Insurance Revolution, the specialist broker which caters to customers who usually find it tricky to get cover.
Anyone wishing to get temporary car insurance through Insurance Revolution will be directed to its partner, Aviva. The broker says that as one of the UK’s largest insurers, Aviva will offer Insurance Revolution customers a good deal on short-term car insurance. Here’s what else we think you should know.
Who is Insurance Revolution?
Insurance Revolution is a niche motor insurance broker, specialising in convicted driver insurance as well as courier insurance, motor trade insurance and impounded car insurance.
It also offers customers short-term car insurance through its partner, Aviva.
Insurance Revolution Broking Services is a trading name of Well Dunn Ltd, which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Insurance Revolution’s policy features
- Flexible insurance. You can choose cover from just one hour up to 30 days.
- Comprehensive cover. The highest level of cover comes as standard. If you are responsible for causing an accident, you’ll be protected for damage to other people’s vehicles or property and for your own vehicle against accidental damage and vandalism. You’ll also have protection against any fire damage or theft of your car.
- Unaffected annual no-claims discount. A claim made on a temporary policy won’t affect any annual no-claims discount built up.
- Instant cover. Get instant cover front the moment you purchase with the process taking around 15 minutes.
What does Insurance Revolution’s temporary cover include?
Here are some of the benefits of Insurance Revolution’s temporary car insurance:
- Accidental damage
- Fire and theft damage
- Accident recovery
- Third party EU cover
- Emergency treatment
- Legal liability
- Full EU cover (optional)
- Breakdown cover (optional)
Check your policy details carefully to ensure you have the right cover for your needs.
Compare temporary car insurance providers
Can anyone take out Insurance Revolution’s temporary car insurance?
Unfortunately not. To get short-term car cover, both you and the car must meet Insurance Revolution’s eligibility criteria:
- You must be aged 19-75
- You must have held a UK, EU, EEA, South African, Swiss, Australian or New Zealand driver’s licence for at least three months (or six months if you’re under 25)
- You must have had no motoring offences in the previous three years
- The car must be registered in Great Britain, Northern Ireland or the Isle of Man
- The car must have a market value of less than £60,000
What is my excess?
Your insurance excess is the amount of money you have agreed to pay towards a claim. Your insurer won’t pay out for a claim that costs less than your excess. A compulsory excess amount might vary depending on the age of your motorbike and your riding experience.
A voluntary excess is on top and is normally set by you when taking out a policy. You’ll have the option of adding or increasing a voluntary excess – which should lower your premium.
All temporary car insurance policies offered by Insurance Revolution have a compulsory excess of £250 up to £1,250, depending on the length of cover required, the age and experience of the driver and the age and condition of the vehicle amongst other factors.
You’ll find details about any compulsory or voluntary excesses in your policy document.
What is the claims process for Insurance Revolution’s temporary car insurance?
Call the DayInsure claims line on 08000 156 166 to make a claim. This 24-hour claims line is open 7 days a week.
You will need to provide the following information:
- Your own insurance policy details
- Details about the incident
- Names and contact details of everyone involved in the incident such as third parties, passengers and witnesses
- Details about the damage or injuries sustained
It’s vital that you let your insurer know about an incident straight away, even if it’s not your fault. Failure to do this could result in a rejected claim later on.
Pros and cons for Insurance Revolution
- Making a claim won’t affect a no-claims discount built up on an annual policy
- Comprehensive cover as standard
- The cover can begin instantly
- Cover can be enhanced with extra protection
- Can only pay upfront
- Limited third party EU cover as standard
- Cover for a maximum of 30 days only
Frequently asked questions
*Disclaimer: Please take reasonable care to answer all the questions honestly and to the best of your knowledge. If you don’t answer the questions correctly, your policy may be cancelled, or your claim rejected or not fully paid.
The offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of products finder.com has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms ‘Best’, ‘Top’, ‘Cheap’ including variations, are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your personal financial circumstances when comparing products.