Find out exactly what you get in the car insurance offered through Grove & Dean Private Clients, in our analysis of its policies.
If your car is a little different from the pack, you might be struggling to find cover for it. The broker Grove & Dean Private Clients says it can access a wide range of policies from leading insurers – and it caters to drivers of electric and classic cars.
Save over £200*
Who is Grove & Dean Private Clients?
Grove & Dean Private Clients is an insurance broker that was established in 1974. It provides car, van and motorbike insurance and offers a range of specialist insurance products, including classic car insurance.
It specialises in providing tailored cover for learner drivers, for drivers with convictions and for drivers of classic, electric, imported or modified cars.
What are Grove & Dean Private Clients’ levels of cover?
Grove & Dean Third Party cover
All drivers in the UK are legally required to have at least third party cover and is the minimum level of cover that Grove & Dean Private Clients offers. If you’ve caused an accident, you’ll be covered for damage to third party vehicles or property. But it won’t cover any damage to your own car.
Grove & Dean Third Party Fire and Theft cover
This will give you the same level of cover as third party but will also offer protection against any fire damage to your car or theft of your car.
Grove & Dean Comprehensive cover
This is the highest level of cover available. It gives the same protection as the other cover levels but you’ll also be insured against accidental damage and vandalism to your car. It can sometimes be cheaper than third party, or TPFT, so it’s always worth checking.
What is covered under my policy?
|Cover benefits||Third party||Third party, fire and theft||Comprehensive|
|Liability to other people and property||✓||✓||✓|
|Fire and theft||✓||✓|
|Personal accident cover||✓|
|UK Breakdown recovery||✓|
|Foreign use cover of up to 90 days||✓|
Grove & Dean Private Clients can also provide a range of additional protection to bolt onto your policy, including:
- EU breakdown cover
- Vehicle replacement
- Excess protection
Your cover through Grove & Dean Private Clients is likely to become invalid if any of the following arises:
- Your car is being driven by an unnamed driver on your policy or by a person that does not have a valid driving licence.
- Your car is used for rallies, races or competitions.
- You are paid to carry passengers.
- You fail to pay for your premium.
- You change your car during the policy term to a car that the insurer cannot cover.
- You do not provide the correct documents to support your application.
Check your policy for further details to confirm your cover is valid.
How to save on your car insurance policy through Grove & Dean Private Clients
- Having a secure location for parking. Cars kept in a garage or on a secure driveway are usually cheaper to insure.
- Mileage reduction. If you start working part-time or your long commute becomes much shorter, letting your insurer know about a reduction in your mileage could result in cheaper insurance.
- Larger excess. Agreeing to pay a bigger voluntary excess could make your overall premium cheaper. But remember that your insurer won’t pay out for a claim that costs less than your excess. So be careful about making it too high, as it could leave you out of pocket if damage occurs.
- Smaller car. Choosing to drive a small and safe car is likely to lower your premium.
What is my excess?
Your insurance excess is the amount of money you have agreed to pay towards a claim. Your insurer won’t pay out for a claim that costs less than your excess.
A voluntary excess is normally an amount set by you when taking out a policy. You’ll have the option of adding or increasing a voluntary excess, which could in turn reduce your premium.
A compulsory excess amount might vary depending on the age of your car and your driving experience.
You’ll find details about any compulsory or voluntary excesses in your policy document.
What is the claims process for Grove & Dean Private Clients?
You should call the Grove & Dean Private Clients 24-hour claims line on 01708 925 058.
You’ll eventually need to provide your details and all the facts about the incident. You will also need to provide any photographic evidence you have.
And it’s important that you let your insurer know about an incident as soon as possible, even if it’s not your fault. Failure to do this could result in a rejected claim.
Frequently asked questions