We’ve analysed the car insurance on offer through Flux Direct – see if it’s right for you.
Desperate to find cheap car insurance to suit your needs? You’ll get the standard levels of cover through Flux Direct plus free legal protection with every policy. And what’s more, this independent insurance broker claims to use its connections with 30 companies to pass on cheaper deals to you.
Who is Flux Direct?
Flux Direct is a trading name of insurance broker Adrian Flux Insurance Group. Although its speciality is car insurance, it also offers protection for young drivers and van drivers as well as home insurance.
What are Flux Direct’s levels of cover?
What is covered under my policy?
As Flux Direct finds cover from some 30 different insurance companies, the benefits to each policy will vary between each provider and the level of cover on offer. However, Flux Direct will provide free legal cover with every policy.
On top of the standard levels of cover, Flux Direct can also provide a range of additional protection to add to your policy, including:
- Windscreen cover
- Total loss protection
- Misfuel cover
- Keycare cover
- Personal protection cover
- Flux rescue cover
Your cover is likely to become invalid if any of the following arises:
- If you make a claim, knowing that it is false or fraudulent.
- Your car is being driven by an unnamed driver on your policy or by a person that does not have a valid driving licence.
- Your car is used for rallies, races or competitions.
- You are paid to carry passengers.
- You fail to pay for your premium.
- You change your car during the policy term to a car that the insurer cannot cover.
- You do not provide the correct documents to support your application such as proof of your entitled no-claims bonus.
Check your policy for further details to confirm your cover is valid.
How to save on your car insurance policy through Flux Direct
- Increasing security. If your car is not currently fitted with an alarm, think about adding one to reduce your premium.
- Having a secure location to park your car. Cars kept in a garage or on a secure driveway are usually cheaper to insure.
- Reduce mileage. If you start working part-time or your long commute becomes much shorter, letting your insurer know about a reduction in your mileage could result in cheaper insurance.
- Fewer drivers. Only add drivers to your policy that regularly drive your car.
- Larger excess. Agreeing to pay a bigger voluntary excess could make your overall premium cheaper. But remember that your insurer won’t pay out for a claim that costs less than your excess. So be careful about making it too high, as it could leave you out of pocket if damage occurs.
What is my excess?
Your insurance excess is the portion of money that you have to pay towards a claim. Your insurer won’t pay out for a claim that costs less than this. And you will be expected to pay this for each and every claim made.
A compulsory excess amount might vary depending on the age of your car and your driving experience.
A voluntary excess is normally an amount set by you when taking out a policy. You’ll have the option of adding or increasing a voluntary excess, which could in turn reduce your premium.
You’ll find details about any compulsory or voluntary excesses in your policy document.
What is the claims process for Flux Direct?
You should call the claims helpline on 0344 381 4461. Lines are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. All claims will be handled by Coplus so you can also email any claim information or copies of documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
It’s vital that you let your insurer know about an incident as soon as possible, even if it’s not your fault. Failure to do this could result in a rejected claim.
Frequently asked questions
*Disclaimer: Please take reasonable care to answer all the questions honestly and to the best of your knowledge. If you don’t answer the questions correctly, your policy may be cancelled, or your claim rejected or not fully paid.
The offers compared on this page are chosen from a range of products finder.com has access to track details from and is not representative of all the products available in the market. Products are displayed in no particular order or ranking. The use of terms “best”, “top”, “cheap” including variations, are not product ratings and are subject to our disclaimer. You should consider seeking independent financial advice and consider your personal financial circumstances when comparing products.