Car insurance group 35
Find out the list of cars in insurance group 35 and how much it might cost to insure them.
What is insurance group 35?
Every vehicle you see on the road has been assigned an insurance group from 1 (cheapest) to 50 (most expensive). This helps insurers work out how much it’s likely to cost them to cover your car. Your car’s vehicle group has a huge bearing on the car insurance quotes you’ll receive.
Insurance group 35 cars are among the more expensive cars to insure.
In this guide, we’ll explore the factors used to assign cars an insurance group plus the range of personal circumstances that insurers will consider when calculating what premium to offer you.
Car makes and models in insurance group 35
There are a number of popular cars in insurance group 35 that are likely to be more expensive than average to insure.
|Insurance group||Car make/model||Details|
|35||Audi A4||The A4 oozes class and style and features a cultured 2-litre engine.|
|35||Jaguar XE||This executive car won “Car Brand with Best Features” at the 2019 Auto Trader New Car Awards. It received a 5-star safety rating from Euro NCAP.|
|35||Jeep Cherokee||This large SUV comes with a lane assist system and speed assistance included in its safety features.|
|35||Land Rover Discovery||This car won “Best Luxury SUV under £60,000” at the WhatCar? Awards. Its safety features include a smart driver tiredness detection system and adaptive cruise control|
|35||Lexus RC||This sports coupe received the “Best Sports Car” award at the 2019 Driver Power Awards.|
|35||Mercedes C-Class||The classy Mercedes C-Class offers easy-to-use technology features and comes with four versions (coupe, a sedan, a convertible and a wagon). It also received a full 5-star safety rating from Euro NCAP.|
|35||Porsche Macan||A classy SUV that drives and steers like a sports car and is powered by a twin-turbocharged V-6 engine.|
|35||SEAT Leon ST||The Leon ST is a hatchback that is powered by a 2.0-litre TSI engine. It received a 5-star safety rating from Euro NCAP.|
Cars in insurance group 35 and the average cost by driver’s age
Using the table below, you can find the make and model of your car, and estimate how much you’re likely to pay to insure it based on your age.
Why are cars in group 35 more expensive?
Cars in insurance group 35 are usually more expensive to insure for the following reasons.
- Market value is on the higher side
- Larger engine size
- Longer repair times
- Expensive to source parts and make repairs
In some cases, the safety features and security features may be lacking on cars in higher insurance groups too.
What other factors affect your car insurance premium?
These three factors will also have a huge impact on the cost of your insurance:
- Engine type and capacity. The bigger your engine, the more it will cost to repair or replace. This is why more powerful cars cost more to insure. It could also be that these cars are more likely to get into accidents.
- Driver location. Insurers consider your location when calculating the likelihood of your car being stolen or damaged. If you live in an area where a lot of car insurance claims are made, you’ll be charged a higher premium. As an example, a 30-year-old in central London will pay £1,091 for insurance for a BMW Z4 18i sDrive M Sport (Nav) 2d, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £910.
- Driver age. Insurers will use previous claims data to calculate the odds of someone your age making a claim and adjust your premium accordingly. The average 20-year-old driver in London could pay £1,898 for the Jaguar E Pace 3d, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £994.
However, there are a lot of other factors that can also impact the price of your premiums. These include the following:
- Your marital status
- Your credit history
- Your car’s safety rating
- Your car’s security and anti-theft precautions
- Where you park your car (street vs driveway or garage)
- The model and age of your car
- Your driving history
- Your no-claims discount
How can I save on my car insurance premiums?
Choosing a car in a lower insurance group is a good way to reduce the price of your premium.
Below, we’ve listed some more ways to lower the cost of your car insurance:
- Drive safely. If you have to make a claim, your insurer will raise your premium. Having driving convictions on your record will make your premium more expensive too.
- Don’t use your car all of the time. Motorists with a lower annual mileage tend to be offered lower car insurance premiums because they are perceived as being less of a risk of making a claim.
- Pay annually. When you pay annually, you often end up with a much cheaper deal as you won’t have to pay interest on monthly instalments.
- Install extra safety precautions. The safer you make your car, the cheaper your premium will be. As such, many safety features end up paying for themselves.
- Shop around. When it’s time for renewal, use price comparison websites to find the best deal. Don’t just blindly accept your current insurer’s renewal quote.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Car insurance group 47
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 47 and the average cost of insurance.
Car insurance group 48
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 48 and how much it costs to insure them.
Car insurance group 50
Find out which cars are listed in insurance group 50 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 49
Find out which cars are in insurance group 49 and how much it costs to insure them.
Car insurance group 46
Find out which cars are placed in insurance group 46 and how much it costs to insure them.
Car insurance group 41
Find out the list of cars in insurance group 41 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 43
Find out the cars listed in insurance group 43 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 44
Find out what cars are in insurance group 44 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 45
Find out which cars are listed in insurance group 45 and how much it might cost to insure them.
Car insurance group 42
Find out what cars are available in insurance group 42 and how much it costs to insure them.