Best rate guarantee!
Hertz is an American car rental company with international branches in more than 145 countries worldwide. Hertz provides a number of rental and vehicle services that aim to make the lives more convenient.
Services include inner city car sharing, luxury car rental and utility vehicle hire, just to name a few. Why not see if you can get your car hire cheaper with on of our Hertz discount codes and deals.
Hertz discount codes and promos for October 2021
What services does Hertz provide?
- Hertz 24/7. Rent Hertz vehicles by the hour, at any hour.
- Hertz Van Hire: The best solution for travels; related to relocation, trade exhibitions, business or holiday.
- Hertz Prestige Collection: For the a more luxury feel, the Hertz Prestige collection offers a range of stylish BMWs.
- Hertz Rent2Buy: A new way to try before you buy, the Hertz Rent2Buy service allows would-be new car owners to test out a new vehicle for a few days with a no-pressure option to buy at the end of the rental period.
How do I pick up my rental from Hertz?
You can find Hertz in almost 150 countries worldwide including Europe, North and South America, The Middle East, Asia, and Oceania. When you make a reservation with Hertz, you will first be invited to select a pick-up location. Hertz offices are located in most cities, airports and major towns.
To pick up a car, you will need ID, your driver’s licence and a credit card. Hertz can also deliver vehicles if arrangements are made more than 24 hours prior to the pick-up time, or you can arrange to be picked up and driven to the closest Hertz centre to collect your car.
Pick-up is only available within 15 minutes drive from the Hertz centre you have selected.
What forms of payment does Hertz accept?
- American Express
- Diners Club
- Hertz Card
Does Hertz offer a pick-up service?
Hertz offers a free pick-up and drop-off service at select non-airport locations in the US. Unfortunately the service isn’t available everywhere. If you’re booking for pick-up in the US, when you’re booking your hire car, look out for the letters HLE listed for the location. This means you’ll be able to arrange a pick-up and drop-off with that location.
Does Hertz have unlimited miles/kilometres?
Hertz rentals don’t tend to limit the number of kilometres per day or per rental. If you’re picking up a car in a very remote area, you may be limited to 100 free kilometres per day.
How do I cancel or modify my reservation with Hertz?
To view cancel or modify a reservation just click on the reservation tab on the main menu and click ‘View/ Cancel/ Modify Reservation’. Enter your confirmation number and your surname and hit continue to display your booking.
What options do I have to remove or reduce rental excess?
You can remove or reduce your excess completely with the following options:
1. Pay for an excess waiver with the car rental company
The cost of this will vary depending on the destination you’re in and it’s usually charged at a daily rate. Some rental companies may only let you reduce a part of your excess charge.
2. Buy car rental excess insurance
Many companies offer insurance that purely covers you for car rental excess charges. You can learn more about car rental excess insurance with our guide.
3. Buy travel insurance with car rental excess cover
The benefit of getting rental excess through travel insurance is that you also get travel insurance cover!
Advantages and Disadvantages of Hertz
- Range of car rental and service options to fit in with a range of lifestyles and needs.
- Hertz is a global company with multiple locations worldwide. This means you can make use of their services while you are on the road.
- All car expenses are included in many car rental costs – even petrol!
- Dedicated discounts and sales section online.
- While Hertz do have a pick-up service, it’s only available 15 minutes drive from your specified Hertz centre. You will still need to get close enough to be picked up and taken to your car if you wish to use this service.
More guides on Finder
Can I drive a van on my car insurance?
Read our comprehensive guide on whether or not you are able to drive a van on your car insurance policy.
Best car seats of 2021
We used ADAC safety testing data to compare the 10 best child car seats to buy in the UK for 2021. Compare price, weight and safety features.
Metamask wallet review and guide
All you need to know about Metamask – the browser extension digital wallet and a user-friendly bridge to the world of Ethereum decentralised applications.
Car insurance for 19-year-olds
Find out how much car insurance costs for a 19 year old.
Car insurance for 17-year-olds
Find out the average cost of car insurance for a 17-year-old, the cheapest cars to insure and how to cut down your insurance premium as a young driver.
The story behind Uber’s recent share price resurgence
Deutsche Bank recently selected Uber Technologies as one of its ‘top picks’ for 2021, whilst simultaneously raising its price target for the American company from $54 (£40) to $80 (£59).
Taxi breakdown cover
Read our guide to breakdown cover for taxis and private hire vehicles to see what’s included and how much it might cost.
Car insurance for over 80s
Learn about over 80s car insurance, including what’s covered, how your health affects premiums and how to get the best policy for your needs.
London e-scooter trials set to launch in spring 2021
Transport for London has called for e-scooter rental companies to enter London’s streets for a trial period, due to start in the spring of 2021.
Renault Captur insurance group and cost
Find out the insurance group for your Renault Captur, how much it should cost to insure and how to save on your premium.
Ask an Expert