Avis Car Hire
If you need to hire a car for your next trip, Avis offers flexible rental terms at affordable prices.
Avis is one of the largest car hire companies in the world and, as such, has many bases in Australia to make it easy and convenient for travellers to rent a car whenever and wherever they need one.
So, whether you’re coming from an international flight or simply need a temporary car for a weekend getaway, Avis is sure to have the right vehicle for you.
On a budget? Even better! The company charges competitive prices and often run regular promotions and deals to make it even cheaper for clients rent transportation on the cheap.
What services does Avis provide?
- Avis Van Rental. Avis has just launched a small, medium, and large van hire service across the UK.
- Car hire to the door. Avis will deliver a car to your door and collect it when you’re done.
- Long term car hire. For when you need a car for a month or longer.
- Avis Select Series. This is Avis’s luxury car hire service. You’ll need to payment cards to hire a car from the Select Series.
Where can I find an Avis branch?
Like most of the big car hire companies, Avis is located around the world. Asia, Australia, Europe, Caribbean, Latin America, US & Canada, Africa, and the Middle East covers off pretty much any destination!
What forms of payment does Avis accept?
- American Express
- Diners Club
What options do I have to remove or reduce rental excess?
If you get into an accident or your rental vehicle is stolen or damaged in use, you will have to pay an excess charge. This charge can be pretty hefty, depending on the car and the rental company. You can remove or reduce your excess completely with the following options:
1. Pay for an excess waiver with the car rental company
The cost of this will vary depending on the destination you’re in and is usually charged at a daily rate. Some rental companies may only let you reduce a part of your excess charge.
2. Buy car rental excess insurance
Plenty of companies out there offer insurance that purely covers you for car rental excess charges.
3. Buy travel insurance with car rental excess cover
The benefit of getting rental excess through travel insurance is that you can also get travel insurance cover!
Benefits and drawbacks of Avis
- Large branch network. Avis has multiple branches all over the world, making it easy to rent and return vehicles to them.
- Generous refund policy for cancellations. As long as you provide enough notice to Avis, they will refund your money with no questions asked should your plans change or you choose not to rent a car with them.
- Variety of cars available. You’ll find cars for different needs and numbers, including larger vehicles and vans.
- Vehicle returns are only allowed during business hours. Although this requirement is not unreasonable, it may sometimes be inconvenient for some customers to return the vehicle within normal operating hours.
More guides on Finder
Car insurance for disabled drivers
We round up the key things you need to know about car insurance for drivers with a disability.
Motor legal protection
We explain what motor legal expenses insurance does and doesn’t cover, and when you might need it.
Impounded car insurance
If your car’s been seized and impounded by the authorities, you’ll need impounded car insurance to retrieve it.
Compare the best business credit cards of 2022
Saving time on expense reports and streamlining your cash flow are just a couple of the many perks you could enjoy with a business credit card. Compare interest rates and check your eligibility today.
Motorhome breakdown cover
Looking for the ideal breakdown cover for your motorhome? Use our comprehensive guide to find out what you need to get a quote.
Skoda Roomster insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Skoda Roomster falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Peugeot 407 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 407 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Volkswagen Caddy insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volkswagen Caddy falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Vauxhall Vivaro insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Vauxhall Vivaro falls under and how much it costs to insure.
American car insurance
Read our comprehensive guide on American car insurance and how much it costs to buy cover.
Ask an Expert