Avis Car Hire
If you need to hire a car for your next trip, Avis offers flexible rental terms at affordable prices.
Avis is one of the largest car hire companies in the world and, as such, has many bases in Australia to make it easy and convenient for travellers to rent a car whenever and wherever they need one.
So, whether you’re coming from an international flight or simply need a temporary car for a weekend getaway, Avis is sure to have the right vehicle for you.
On a budget? Even better! The company charges competitive prices and often run regular promotions and deals to make it even cheaper for clients rent transportation on the cheap.
What services does Avis provide?
- Avis Van Rental. Avis has just launched a small, medium, and large van hire service across the UK.
- Car hire to the door. Avis will deliver a car to your door and collect it when you’re done.
- Long term car hire. For when you need a car for a month or longer.
- Avis Select Series. This is Avis’s luxury car hire service. You’ll need to payment cards to hire a car from the Select Series.
Where can I find an Avis branch?
Like most of the big car hire companies, Avis is located around the world. Asia, Australia, Europe, Caribbean, Latin America, US & Canada, Africa, and the Middle East covers off pretty much any destination!
What forms of payment does Avis accept?
- American Express
- Diners Club
What options do I have to remove or reduce rental excess?
If you get into an accident or your rental vehicle is stolen or damaged in use, you will have to pay an excess charge. This charge can be pretty hefty, depending on the car and the rental company. You can remove or reduce your excess completely with the following options:
1. Pay for an excess waiver with the car rental company
The cost of this will vary depending on the destination you’re in and is usually charged at a daily rate. Some rental companies may only let you reduce a part of your excess charge.
2. Buy car rental excess insurance
Plenty of companies out there offer insurance that purely covers you for car rental excess charges.
3. Buy travel insurance with car rental excess cover
The benefit of getting rental excess through travel insurance is that you can also get travel insurance cover!
Benefits and drawbacks of Avis
- Large branch network. Avis has multiple branches all over the world, making it easy to rent and return vehicles to them.
- Generous refund policy for cancellations. As long as you provide enough notice to Avis, they will refund your money with no questions asked should your plans change or you choose not to rent a car with them.
- Variety of cars available. You’ll find cars for different needs and numbers, including larger vehicles and vans.
- Vehicle returns are only allowed during business hours. Although this requirement is not unreasonable, it may sometimes be inconvenient for some customers to return the vehicle within normal operating hours.
Read more on this topic
Top car hire providers in the UK Check out our guide on the top car hire providers and find the perfect hire car to enjoy some freedom out on the open road.
Alamo car hire guide Find out everything you need to know about renting a car from Alamo with our handy car hire guide.
Enterprise Rent-A-Car Car Hire Find out everything you need to know about renting a car from your nearest Enterprise Rent-A-Car location thanks to our car hire guide.
Van hire excess insurance Find out whether van hire excess insurance could save you money if your rental van gets damaged or stolen.
Renting a car overseas Your guide to renting a car for your next overseas holiday.
Insurance 4 Car Hire rental car excess insurance review Compare and review rental car excess insurance from Insurance 4 Car Hire. Find out if it's the right cover for you.
Amsterdam Car Hire 2020 Discover the best deals on car hire in Amsterdam and make the most out of your next adventure.
Guide to Malaga Car Hire for July 2020 Renting a car gives freedom and flexibility for visitors explore the beautiful towns and villages in the areas surrounding Malaga.
Car hire comparison Compare car hire options from top car hire companies and discover the best ways to save on your next set of temporary wheels.
Guide to Tenerife Car Hire for July 2020 Discover the best deals for hiring a car in Tenerife and make the most of your next adventure.
Ask an Expert