Does Capital One offer business credit cards?
Find out whether Capital One offers business credit cards in the UK and possible alternatives.
Capital One Financial Corporation is an American bank holding company and is one of the largest banks in the United States. The company has always specialised in credit cards, but also offers auto loans, banking and savings accounts.
Capital One also operates in the UK, where it only offers credit cards. The company owns Luma, a credit card designed for those looking to build their credit score.
Has Capital One ever offered business credit cards in the UK?
Capital One has only ever offered credit cards for consumers in the UK. Its business credit cards are only available in the US.
Many of Capital One’s consumer credit cards have a particular focus on building credit and are designed for those with low credit scores.
What are the alternatives to Capital One?
If you’re looking for a business credit card, there are many alternative options to consider. We’ve outlined some of these below:
- Capital on Tap business credit card. Note that this has no link to Capital One and is designed for small businesses. It pays unlimited 1% cashback and offers credit limits of up to £150,000. There are no foreign exchange or UK ATM charges. Upgrade to Business Rewards at any point for £99 per year to redeem points for Avios. Earn 1 point for every £1 spent on your card.
- Barclaycard Select cashback business card. Offers 1% cashback on eligible business spend, with no annual fee. You can also benefit from free accounting software with FreshBooks, plus optional purchase protection and cardholder misuse insurance.
- Metro Bank business credit card. Offers a low interest rate of 14.9% APR, no annual fee and free transactions in most European countries.
- Santander business cashback credit card. Offers 1% cashback on all business spend with no cap and no foreign transaction fees on purchases abroad when paying in the local currency. There is a £30 annual fee.
- Amazon business American Express card. A rewards credit card, allowing you to earn 1.5% or 2% Amazon Rewards on UK purchases at Amazon on the first £120,000 each calendar year, and 1% thereafter. All purchases outside Amazon will earn 0.5%. A £50 annual fee applies but is waived for the first year (limited time offer). It will be waived altogether if you are an Amazon Business Prime cardmember and spend £8,000 or more on the card each year.
You can read more about these business credit cards and others in our guide.
Business credit cards offered by Capital One in the US
In the US, Capital One offers a number of business credit cards under the name of Spark. These are outlined below:
- Spark 2% Cash Plus. Unlimited 2% cashback on every purchase, plus earn up to $1,000 in the first 6 months and a $200 cash bonus every year you spend $200,000 or more. Annual fee of $150.
- Spark 1.5% Cash Select. Unlimited 1.5% cashback on every purchase. Earn a $500 cash bonus when you spend $4,500 in the first 3 months. No annual fee.
- Spark 1.5% Cash Select (for businesses with a “good” credit score, rather than “excellent”). Unlimited 1.5% cashback on every purchase. 0% interest on purchases for the first 12 months. No annual fee.
- Spark 1% Classic. Designed for businesses with a “fair” credit score who wish to rebuild credit. Unlimited 1% cashback on every purchase. No annual fee.
- Spark 2X Miles. Unlimited 2x miles on every purchase. Earn 50,000 bonus miles once you spend $4,500 in the first 3 months. No annual fee for the first year, $95 after that.
- Spark 1.5X Miles. Unlimited 1.5x miles on every purchase. Earn 20,000 bonus miles once you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months. No annual fee. 0% interest on purchases for 9 months.
How to find the best business credit cards
To find the best business credit card, you’ll first need to decide what you need from it. For example, are you looking for a card with the lowest rates and fees? Or would you prefer to benefit from perks such as business rewards or business travel?
Once you’ve decided, you’ll then need to find the providers that offer the type of business credit card you’re after, and compare your options. Look for the credit card that offers the features you require but also factor in the APR, annual fees, foreign exchange fees and other perks before finalising your decision.
Once you’ve found your card, check that you meet the eligibility criteria before making your application. You might need to be an existing customer, for example, or meet a minimum annual turnover requirement.
As part of your application, you might be asked to provide contact details for yourself and your business, proof of identification, such as your driver’s licence or passport, plus information about your business income as well as any assets and liabilities. Make sure you have these details and documents to hand.
More guides on Finder
Payhawk Corporate Visa card review
Find out how the Payhawk Corporate Visa card works to see if it’s right for you and your business.
Funding Circle FlexiPay Business Credit Card review 2023
Funding Circle is making its debut into the business credit card market with its brand new credit card. Here’s what we know so far.
Moss Corporate Card review 2023
Berlin-based digital lender Moss launches its new business charge card in the UK. Here’s what we know so far.
Credit cards for business expenses
Learn more about business expense cards and their pros and cons.
Capital on Tap Business Credit Card review
Earn Avios or cashback on all your business spending with this business Visa from challenger Capital on Tap.
Compare business credit cards with no annual fee
You might not get all those extra perks, but a business credit card with no annual fee can still boost your company’s spending power.
How to use a business credit card to manage cash flow
Learn how to make the most of your business credit card with our expert tips on how to use it to improve your company’s cash flow.
HSBC Business Credit Card review 2023
With its competitive interest-free period and purchases rate, this credit card can give your business’ finances the breathing space they need.
Bank of Scotland Business Credit Card review 2023
With a decent interest rate on purchases and a nice interest-free period, this card can help you manage your business’s irregular cash flow.
Lloyds Bank Business Credit Card review 2023
Reserved for Lloyds Business customers, this straightforward credit card comes with a competitive interest rate that can help you improve your cash flow.