Let them pick the perfect gift
Where and how to buy Amazon gift cards online
With an Amazon gift card, you or your gift card recipient will have thousands of products at your fingertips!
An Amazon gift card is available as a physical card or an online “code” that’s redeemable towards literally millions of products at Amazon. These flexible gift cards are the ideal gift as they have no special requirements to purchase or redeem and unlike most traditional gift cards, they never, ever expire.
Amazon gift cards can be purchased in almost any amount, from as little as £1 to as much as £1,000. Your gift recipient can spend the value of their gift card immediately upon receiving it or can deposit it into their Amazon account and wait for that bargain sale of a lifetime.
Best of all, any unspent gift card credit can be rolled over for another shopping experience. Upon using an Amazon gift card, if any balance remains unspent, it will simply be kept in the recipient’s Amazon account for future use.
Pros and cons of Amazon gift cards
In today’s modern marketplace, consumers demand choice and flexibility when purchasing gifts online. Some advantages of Amazon gift cards include ease of purchase, ease of use and overall flexibility, which makes them the ideal choice for gift buyers globally. Other pros and cons include:
- With millions of products available on its website, an Amazon gift card provides the recipient with access to an unprecedented range of products in one easy-to-navigate online location.
- You can load any amount up to £1,000 onto one card, so you can gift as little or as much as you’d like.
- You have the option of an electronic gift card, which means you can purchase a card as late in the game as you like and still get it to the party on time.
- Your recipient can shop from their computer, laptop, phone or iPad with ease.
- With fast turnaround and shipping times, as well as state-of-the-art order processing systems, Amazon purchases will generally arrive quickly and well-packaged.
- A dedicated customer team, including a centre for dealing with problem resolution, is in place to ensure purchase satisfaction.
- Amazon gift cards purchased on Amazon UK can only be redeemed on the UK website.
- As it’s a gift card, the value on your Amazon gift card should be treated like currency. In the case that it’s lost or stolen, Amazon assumes no responsibility. The recipient must keep their gift card, whether it’s virtual or a hard copy, safe at all times.
How does an Amazon gift card work?
Whether it’s a birthday, employee reward, Christmas or other special event, finding the perfect present isn’t always easy. That’s where an Amazon gift card becomes the solution to all your needs.
Easy to buy and easy to use, Amazon gift cards allow you to shop the millions of items available at Amazon. They can be redeemed on any purchase the gift recipient wishes to make on Amazon. This could be a book, DVD, clothing, shoes, home appliances, phone or even a computer.
Amazon gift cards work by simply inputting the gift card’s code during the checkout process. There are no fees when you purchase using the gift card and you can use the credit over several purchases. For instance, if you have a £50 Amazon gift card and you make a £30 purchase, the remaining gift card balance of £20 will stay in your account for future use.
When buying Amazon gift cards, you can purchase one card on its own or a number of cards in a multi-pack.
How to buy an Amazon gift card
You can purchase an Amazon gift card via Amazon.
- Visit Amazon and sign in to your account. If you don’t have an Amazon account yet, registration is free and only takes a few minutes to set up.
- Once inside your account, click the “Gift Card” link from the top of the menu list to access the gift card store.
- Decide on the format of gift card you want to purchase. Amazon gift cards are available in three formats: electronic, printable and mailable. They can therefore be delivered via email or Facebook, for printing at home or via post to your recipient in a card or gift box. Select your delivery method to proceed.
- Now, select your type of gift card. On the next screen, select your design and occasion. You can personalise your gift card by adding a photo and/or a personalised message. You can also customise it to reflect the celebration, such as a birthday or wedding.
- Enter your gift card value (it can be any amount between £1 and £1,000) and fill in the rest of the required information, such as recipient’s name, email addresses or postal address. When you’ve filled out all the required fields, click “Purchase”.
- Select a payment method, enter your payment details and authorise the transaction. That’s it, you have now purchased an Amazon gift card. Congratulations!
Where to find Amazon gift cards
The simplest, safest and easiest way to buy Amazon gift cards is to find and purchase them directly through the website. Simply visit the Amazon website and log in to your account. Then, choose from any of the methods below to buy and access your gift card.
You can purchase and send Amazon gifts cards by:
- Email: this is ideal when you only have the recipient’s email address
- Facebook: perfect for sharing a gift with someone on their birthday or other special occasion
- Printing at home: so you can personally deliver the gift
- Post: shipping fees apply
- Animated gift card
Regardless of how you purchase your Amazon gift card, no fees are payable (other than shipping fees, where relevant) and the same terms and conditions apply for redemption.
One important note: be wary when buying a gift card from a third party outside of Amazon as there’s the possibility that the gift card may have been stolen or forged.
Like what you see? Be sure to check out our full list of Amazon discount codes and vouchers to make sure you’re getting the best deal possible!
Amazon news and reviews
Buying a bed on a budget just got a whole lot easier, though without the sleep trial you might expect.Read more…
We review Microsoft’s new Xbox Wireless Headset, which puts immersive next-gen audio within reach of all Xbox Series X and Series S gamers.Read more…
If you missed out on pre-ordering a PlayStation 5, here are your options to buy it in the UK.Read more…
Amazon’s Prime Day event is back with a bang for 2020 with huge deals off Amazon devices including Echo and Kindle, plus discounts off tech and homewares.Read more…
Just when you thought Black Friday was the best day of the year, Amazon Prime Day comes along.Read more…
More guides on Finder
How to shop small UK businesses on Black Friday
Looking to shop small this Black Friday? Here’s how you can support UK craftspeople and small businesses without leaving your house.
The most popular toys for Christmas 2020
Looking for the latest must-have toys for your little one this Christmas? Check out 2020’s trending toys for Christmas right here.
Amazon share price testing September highs after Prime Day success
Amazon’s Prime Day was a big success, with Amazon’s share price jumping 4.5% last week.
Sell on Squarespace
In this expert review you’ll find out exactly what Squarespace can offer you, how much a monthly subscription costs and how this website-building platform stacks up against its competitors.
Amazon Prime Day deals 2021: Dates, deals and more
Just when you thought Black Friday was the best day of the year, Amazon Prime Day comes along.
How to buy stock in Snowflake (SNOW)
Learn how to invest in Snowflake when it becomes publicly available.
Where to buy electric fans, floor fans and desk fans online
We’ll help you find the right fan to keep you cool all summer long, as well as free shipping and low prices.
Where to buy reusable cloth face masks and cotton face masks online
Find out where to buy cloth, cotton and fabric face masks online from the UK. Shop 100% cotton face coverings
Where to buy surgical masks and disposable face masks online – Stock checked daily
Check out these online retailers that have dispoable surgical masks available and in-stock right now, plus see where to find the fastest shipping.
Where to buy cleaning sprays online
If you’re looking to save yourself a few pennies, consider buying your cleaning spray from one of these great online stores.
Ask an Expert