Skipton Business Finance loans review

Skipton Business Finance lends cash to businesses through invoice finance. Here's our review of its business loans.

Last updated:

Skipton

Skipton Business Finance is a subsidiary of Skipton Building Society. Founded in 2012, it was chosen by the UK government as an approved borrower for its Enterprise Finance Guarantee scheme. This scheme allows banks to lend money to small companies that can’t provide the security that they would ordinarily need.

If your business needs an injection of money to help maintain a healthy cash flow, consider contacting Skipton Business Finance. Its invoice finance service provides you with money when an invoice is sent to your client so that your business can carry on operating without worrying about when you will be paid.

How does the invoice finance plan work?

You get up to 90% of the total of an invoice so you can continue growing your company without needing to worry about when your client will pay you. The remaining 10% will be sent to you as and when your client pays, minus a predetermined fee. Skipton claims this is a cost-effective solution.

How can we help?

Textile studio in a small business

Compare loan rates

Get live, personalised quotes from a large panel of lenders through our partner Funding Options.

Compare now
Small business owner in workshop

Invoice financing

Unlock the value in your invoices today to access the funding your business needs to move forward.

Get quick quotes
Technician using specialist equipment

Asset financing

Borrow against equipment or property to accelerate your company’s growth.

Get quick quotes

Who does Skipton fund?

  • sole traders, partnerships, limited companies and PLCs
  • transactions including acquisitions, management buyouts and buyins
  • profitable and non-profitable firms
  • phoenix businesses
  • refinancing & restructures

To apply for a loan with Skipton Business Finance, call 0800 0854150 within office hours.

Alternatively you can apply via its website.

Frequently asked questions

We show offers we can track - that's not every product on the market...yet. Unless we've said otherwise, products are in no particular order. The terms "best", "top", "cheap" (and variations of these) aren't ratings, though we always explain what's great about a product when we highlight it. This is subject to our terms of use. When you make major financial decisions, consider getting independent financial advice. Always consider your own circumstances when you compare products so you get what's right for you.

Read more on this topic

  • Tax implications of business loans Find out if a business loan is considered income and what you can claim as a tax deduction when taking out a loan.
  • Business loan statistics Businesses all over the UK face financial instability daily, which often requires outside funding. We have looked into how the state of borrowing for these businesses differs between the industry, over the years, and for the size of the business.
  • PayPal Working Capital review Fund your business through a merchant cash advance from PayPal Working Capital. We talk you through how it works, how much it costs and how to apply for it.
  • Compare ArchOver business loans ArchOver connects established UK businesses in need of finance with investors seeking an attractive return on their money.
  • Catalyst Finance business loans and invoice financing Catalyst Finance helps SMEs across a range of industries utilise the assets they already have to help grow their business.
  • The Co-operative Bank business loans The Co-operative Bank offers variable-rate business loans to existing business current account holders.
  • Credit4 business loans Credit4 offers flexible finance to growing SMEs, including a fixed-term loan product that comes with a flexible credit facility bolted on.
  • Merchant Money business finance Merchant Money provides fixed-term small business loans and merchant cash advances.
  • Growth Street business credit facility Growth Street offers a revolving credit facility to SMEs of £25,000 to £2 million. Find out how other lenders compare.
  • Praetura Asset Finance Praetura Asset Finance can help spread the cost of newer, better equipment, or release the equity in existing equipment through asset finance.
Go to site