A direct lender (not a broker) founded in 2011 and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Shawbrook Bank was listed on the London Stock Exchange before it was bought for £868 million by a consortium led by BC Partners and Pollen Street Capital in 2017.
If you want to take your business to the next level without giving up equity or control, Shawbrook Bank may be able to help. However, because of the wide range of services and Shawbrook’s bespoke approach, you can’t currently apply online.
Think Business Loans
Finder has teamed up with Think Business Loans to help SMEs quickly and easily find a competitive business financing solution that works for them.
- Match your eligibility in minutes with no credit check
- One simple form to compare 200+ lenders
- Receive your funds the same day with no hidden fees
Shawbrook Bank business finance options
Shawbrook Bank’s finance products to suit the varied needs of SMEs includes:
Asset and stock finance
Choose from a range of tailored asset finance and stock finance solutions, including:
- Hire purchase. Spread the cost of a major investment over regular payments.
- Finance lease. Shawbrook Bank buys a new asset and leases it to you.
- Sale and leaseback. Shawbrook Bank buys your asset and leases it to you.
- Stock. Funding against finished goods and raw materials.
- Refinance. Shawbrook Bank can also refinance existing arrangements.
Point of sale finance
For big ticket items, this service lets you offer your customers interest-free finance, deferred payments or “buy-now-pay-later” finance. Shawbrook Bank has developed specialist point of sale systems for retail finance, the home improvement sector and holiday ownership companies.
With invoice discounting, Shawbrook Bank can lend you money against your invoices. The invoices will still belong to you, meaning you’re still in charge of dealing with your customers.
Working capital solutions
Get funding of £25,000 to £25 million for key business events such as acquisitions, management buy-outs and restructuring. Facilities include:
- Funding for stock against finished goods and raw materials
- Funding against plant and machinery
- Property finance
- Cash flow lending
Benefits of Shawbrook Bank business finance
- Regional offices. Your loan will be arranged by an adviser near you who has specialist knowledge of your industry sector and your local economy.
- Wide range of products. Whatever your business needs, Shawbrook Bank is likely to have it covered with its large product offering.
- Specialist industry knowledge. Shawbrook Bank offers specialist solutions to industries including aviation, healthcare, technology, sports, agriculture, marine, taxi and renewables. Its point of sale finance offers tailored systems to retail finance, the home improvement sector and holiday ownership companies.
How does it work?
Because of Shawbrook Bank’s wide range of financial products for businesses and its tailored approach, it’s not possible to apply online. It has a network of regional offices, so you’ll be put into contact with someone local to you who knows your industry and your local economy. You can use the map on the Shawbrook site to find your closest office and call to find out more.
Frequently asked questions