Merchant Money provides flexible funding to SMEs, either as a fixed-term business loan or a cash advance based on future card sales.
Merchant Money is a direct lender (not a broker) authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. It was launched in 2013 in response to a decline in small business loans being offered by mainstream banks. It uses smart technology to evaluate risk, which enables it to give potential borrowers a decision on funding within 24 hours.
How can we help?
Compare loan rates
Get live, personalised quotes on unsecured or secured loans from a large panel of lenders through our partner Funding Options.Compare now
Unlock the value in your invoices to move your business forwards. Compare a panel of lenders through our partner Funding Options.Get quick quotes
Borrow against equipment or property to accelerate growth. Compare a panel of lenders through our partner Funding Options.Get quick quotes
Merchant cash advance
Get a lump sum upfront to repay in-line with volume of future sales. Compare a panel of lenders through our partner Funding Options.Get quick quotes
Line of credit
Borrow only as much as you need, when you need it, and repay on terms that suit you. Compare a range of lenders.
Business credit cards
Boost your spending power, track employee spending and enjoy perks and rewards with a business credit card.
Merchant Money business loan options
Small business loan
A small business loan is usually most effective for bridging short-term cash flow gaps.
Key features of a Merchant Money business loan
- Borrow £3,500 to £150,000. Unsecured business loans with Merchant Money vary from £3,500 to £150,000. It offers secured business loans up to £500,000. It also offers regulated business loans to sole traders.
- Short repayment terms. Repay over short terms of up to three years. This may suit small businesses better than the typically longer terms of a mainstream bank loan.
- Fast funding. Get a decision within 24 hours and funding within 48 hours.
- No paperwork. Simply answer a few questions online.
- Top-ups considered. Provided you meet your repayments on time and your business continues to perform, you can be considered for a top-up loan. You may need to provide updated bank statements.
- No early repayment penalty. Merchant Money will not charge you if you repay your loan early.
Am I eligible for a business loan with Merchant Money?
You should only apply for a Merchant Money business loan if you are sure you can comfortably meet the repayments. You must also:
- Have a company registered in the UK.
- Only have affordable current debt obligations.
- Have a minimum of one year’s accounts.
- Have a minimum annual turnover of £100,000.
- Not have a previously liquidated business with outstanding creditors.
- Have a director or shareholder who is a homeowner over 18 years of age.
How does it work?
- Fill out the simple online application form, which should only take a few minutes.
- Receive a call the same day from a personal adviser to discuss your application.
- Get a decision within 24 hours once all the required documentation has been submitted.
The interest rate you are offered will depend on factors like the amount you apply for, the term of the loan, the performance of your business and its credit rating. This may differ from any advertised “Representative APR”.
Merchant cash advance
Merchant cash advances are most suited to small businesses with a seasonal trade, or an income that ebbs and flows (for example restaurants, retail, medical/healthcare or auto companies). With a cash advance, the repayments are directly linked to your cash flow. So on good days you pay more and on slower days you pay less. There is also no rush to repay the money as the total amount repayable is fixed. Whether you repay in 3 or 14 months, the total repayable that you have agreed on will remain the same.
Key features of a merchant cash advance
- Get up to £500,000 to grow your business.
- Repay through a small percentage of each future card transaction.
- A minimum average monthly card turnover is required.
- No fixed repayment periods.
- You only pay as you trade; when the business is quiet, you pay less.
- Top-ups available after four months.
- No collections from cash payments.
- Works with all card terminals.
How does it work?
- Apply for a loan amount that suits your business requirements. The maximum available will depend on your average monthly card transactions.
- You’ll need to provide three months’ bank statements and your last six months’ merchant statements. In some cases you’ll need to provide filed accounts.
- Agree on the fixed repayment amount with Merchant Money.
- A fixed percentage is collected directly from card transactions with no fixed term or fixed monthly repayment.
Am I eligible for a merchant cash advance?
You should only apply for a Merchant Cash Advance if you are sure you can comfortably meet the repayments. You will also need:
- A minimum of six months’ trading through a PDQ (Processing Data Quickly) machine.
- A minimum monthly turnover through card terminals.
- No other cash advance in place (unless it’s being refinanced).
Frequently asked questions