Get quick access to short-term secured loans designed to help you expand your small business.
Little Business Loans (LBL) aims to make it quick and easy for customers to apply for a business loan. It offers loans of up to £10,000 for a maximum term of 12 months. If you’re a small business owner, this could be used to ease cash flow, fund an internal project or simply to provide working capital.
Since it was founded in 2013, LBL has lent over £2.5 million to small businesses.
How can we help?
Compare loan rates
Get live, personalised quotes from a large panel of lenders through our partner Funding Options.Compare now
Unlock the value in your invoices today to access the funding your business needs to move forward.Get quick quotes
Borrow against equipment or property to accelerate your company’s growth.Get quick quotes
How does it work?
LBL secures loans against your business assets. This means the loan can be approved and funds can be transferred quickly, with less stringent credit checks and paperwork than is sometimes required by other lenders.
Key features of Little Business Loans products
Little Business Loans offer loans of between £500 to £10,000 for a term of up to 12 months. In addition to this, you can choose between daily, weekly or monthly repayments on your loan. Rather than using creditworthiness, the businesses assets and main applicant’s personal guarantee are used to secure the loan.
Rather than charging interest on the loan, LBL charges a set fee. This is decided by the underwriter at the time of your application and is based on the business’s assets and credit history. The total cost of the loan will be the initial loan amount plus the daily, weekly or monthly repayment fees.
Am I eligible for an LBL loan?
When applying for an LBL loan, it’s important to be certain you can meet the repayment terms. As well as this, there are criteria you will need to meet in order to be eligible.
You should only apply for a little business loan if you are certain you can meet the repayment terms. It’s important to look at the overall repayment amount to decide whether it is right for you and your business.
How can I apply?
If you’ve decided that a short-term loan from Little Business Loans is the right choice for you, you can apply online or over the phone. You will need to provide your personal details, the company details and outline the preferred amount and term of your loan.
An application has three steps:
1. Apply. You can apply online or over the phone in under five minutes.
2. Meet a Loan Manager. Once your application is completed, you arrange to meet an LBL loan manager to discuss your business loan, complete your paperwork and finalise your application.
3. Receive funds. If your application is accepted, funds are transferred into your business account within 30 minutes.
Alternative sources of funding
There are many options to consider when raising funds for your small business. Make sure you do your research before you decide which option is best for you and your company. Some other options include:
- Get funding from investors. Think Dragons’ Den. Sell a portion of your business in exchange for financing.
- Crowdfunding. Get the word out using social media, crowdfunding sites or invest in marketing. Family, friends, fans and even strangers who share your passion can contribute small amounts.
- Apply to a government scheme. Various government schemes exist that offer support to new and small businesses. Learn more about government support for businesses.
Frequently asked questions