Catalyst Finance provides business finance products to unlock capital tied up in assets and invoices.
Catalyst Business Finance is a direct lender (not a broker) authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. It was founded in 2012 with the aim of providing simple, short-term cash advances to SMEs without the need for long-term contracts or complex fees.
Based in Stroud, Gloucestershire, it helps SMEs across a range of industries utilise the assets they already have to help grow their business.
Catalyst Business Finance services
Selective invoice finance
This is a simple way to release cash tied up in your outstanding unpaid invoices. It could enable your business to even out an unpredictable cash flow, but it does come at a price.
- Borrow up to 80% of the value of invoices.
- Pay a fixed fee when your invoice is paid.
- Pay an agreed-upon, fixed, daily interest rate.
- Save money if your invoices are paid early.
How does it work?
- Choose the invoices you would like to fund. You’ll then receive up to 80% of the invoices’ value. You can choose to have a single invoice or multiple invoices funded.
- When your customers pay, Catalyst Business Finance will deduct a fee and you will receive the remaining balance.
- You’ll be charged a fixed daily rate, which means you only pay for what you use – not what you think you’ll use. This will work out better for you if your customer pays earlier than expected.
You should only apply for invoice financing with Catalyst Business Finance if you’re certain you can meet the repayment terms. You should also meet the following criteria:
- Be a registered PLC, Limited or LLP.
- Typically have more than £25,000 outstanding on an invoice at any one time.
- Be registered and trading from mainland UK.
- Invoice businesses for goods and services provided.
Commercial business loans
Catalyst Business Finance offers short-term commercial loans with no set-up fees or early repayment charges.
- Borrow £25,000 to £1 million.
- Repay over 3 to 12 months.
- Equal monthly repayments including capital and interest.
- Pay an agreed-upon, fixed, monthly interest rate.
- Security asked for in the form of debentures and personal guarantees.
How does it work?
- You’ll need to fill out the online application form on the Catalyst Business Finance website with some basic details about yourself and your business. An adviser will call you to go through your application in more detail.
- A credit check will be performed that will leave a permanent mark on your credit file. Once approved, you could have the money in your bank account within a few working days.
- You will pay a fixed daily interest rate that has been agreed upon. It will be taken from your bank account as a monthly direct debit over the set term you have agreed to.
You should only apply for a Catalyst Business Finance business loan if you’re certain you can meet the repayment terms. You must also meet the following criteria:
- Be a registered Limited Company, LLP or PLC – sole traders or partnerships are not eligible.
- Have been trading for more than two years.
- Be profitable.
- Be a UK homeowner.
- Have a business based in England, Scotland or Wales.
Think Business Loans
Finder has teamed up with Think Business Loans to help SMEs quickly and easily find a competitive business financing solution that works for them.
- Match your eligibility in minutes with no credit check
- One simple form to compare 200+ lenders
- Receive your funds the same day with no hidden fees
Frequently asked questions