What is Allianz?
Allianz Insurance is one of the largest general insurers in the UK and part of the Allianz Group. The company provides a range of insurance products, including business, car, travel, home, pet, musical instrument, equine and breakdown cover.
What company underwrites business insurance from Allianz?
Allianz underwrites its own policies. Allianz Insurance plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
What types of business insurance policies are available?
Allianz offers several types of business insurance policies, including some aimed specifically at particular industries:
- Buildings and contents. Buildings and contents insurance will help you put things back to normal if your business premises, contents or stock get damaged, lost or stolen.
- Business interruption. Business interruption insurance helps with financial losses if your premises are damaged or if your normal business operation is otherwise disrupted by events beyond your control. This can include losses such as wage payments and missed income.
- Business vehicles. Business vehicles insurance, also known as motor trade insurance, is specially designed cover for business cars, vans, taxis and trucks.
- Cargo. Cargo insurance covers stock or equipment that has to be stored or transported between locations, on an annual or single trip basis. The cover can protect goods transported by road, rail, sea or air.
- Construction. This policy combines the specialist cover for construction works and for owned and hired machinery and plant with the protection you’d get from insurance for buildings, liability and business interruption.
- Liability. Allianz has a range of liability products, including employers’ liability, public liability, product liability, professional indemnity and directors and officers’ liability.
- Renewable power. This is specialised insurance for the construction and operation of installations such as wind turbines, solar farms and hydropower plants.
Allianz also offers “after the event insurance” cover, which is a policy for solicitors that provides cover against the financial burden incurred if legal action is unsuccessful, and “before the event insurance”, which provides cover for legal fees associated with bringing or defending certain types of legal actions and is usually taken out “just in case”.
How much does business cover from Allianz cost?
The cost of business insurance varies according to your individual need. In any case, you cannot purchase Allianz business insurance online, only through a British Insurance Broker Association (BIBA) or Premierline broker.
How to contact Allianz
Allianz does not provide a customer service phone number, but you can get information about the company’s main and regional offices (including phone numbers) on Allianz’s website.
To make a complaint relating to Allianz’s business insurance, you can write to the following address:
Allianz Insurance plc
Or you can email email@example.com.
What is the claims process for Allianz business insurance?
Depending on the claim you wish to make, you can contact Allianz in the following ways:
Damaged, lost or stolen commercial property: Claim online, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0344 412 9988
Liability (legal action being taken against you): Email email@example.com
Motor trade vehicles: Claim online or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Cargo (goods lost or damaged while being transported): Call 0330 102 8608. Lines open 9am-5pm Monday to Friday
Allianz business insurance customer reviews
On customer review platform Trustpilot, Allianz as a company has 1.3 out of 5 stars and a rating of “Bad” (based on more than 80 reviews).
Things are much brighter on similar platform REVIEWS.io, where Allianz has 4.11 out of 5 stars based on more than 190 reviews, with 80% of customers saying they would recommend the service.
Customers praise the professional staff and fair prices, but some complain of poor claim handling.
Pros and cons for Allianz business insurance
- Allianz is a well-known and trusted company
- Policies tailored specifically to the construction and cargo industries available
- A range of liability products available
- Can only be bought through a broker
- No customer service phone line
- The Allianz website is not easy to navigate
Allianz offers a strong range of business insurance products, especially for those in the construction, cargo and motor trade industries.
However, the company’s website is not easy to navigate and its policies can only be bought through a broker, not directly with Allianz.
Get started by visiting Allianz’s website and sign up for a policy. If you have read this review and decided that Allianz business insurance is not for you, you can also compare other business insurance policies on the market.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Chrysler Ypsilon insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Chrysler Ypsilon falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lotus Elise insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Lotus Elise falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Nissan Pixo insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Nissan Pixo falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Volkswagen Caddy insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Volkswagen Caddy falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Monzo review: Is it worth it?
Is Monzo’s app-only current account the right option for you? Read our review to get the low-down on all of the features of the account, its card and the app.
ExpressTest review: Private COVID testing for travel
We review whether or not ExpressTest’s COVID tests for travel are worth your time and money.
Emma mattress review
Find out more about the budget-friendly Emma mattress with its 200-day free trial, including comfort, composition, shipping, returns, FAQs and more.
Toyota Hilux insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Toyota Hilux falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Suzuki SX4 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Suzuki SX4 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
American car insurance
Read our comprehensive guide on American car insurance and how much it costs to buy cover.