SSE | Compare fibre and ADSL deals and packages
Find out more about SSE with our useful guide.
Founded in 1998, SSE is a British energy company based in Scotland. It is considered one of the ‘Big Six’ energy suppliers alongside companies such as British Gas and EDF Energy. Recently, however, SSE have taken the plunge into the world of Fibre internet. Follow the rest of this guide to find out all you need to know about SSE Fibre internet packages, and whether they might be the right provider for your business.
Each of these packages includes line rental, and can be tailored to bolt on TV or mobile services, or enhanced landline bundles.
What is 'line rental'?When shopping around for internet deals, it’s easy to be drawn in by an eye-catching “£9.99 a month” deal. However, these deals may feel to be mentioning the cost of “line rental”.
Broadband generally needs a phone line to connect to the internet. BT owns the country’s phone line network, and charges other providers to use the lines. This cost is passed on to the customers and is called “line rental”.
What comes included with SSE’s Fibre packages?
- Router. SSE offers a free router. This is the same with many providers.
- Unlimited downloads. This is subject to terms and conditions.
What bundles does SSE offer?
SSE offers four phone packages with all their Fibre offers. All include line rental. The phone and Fibre packages are as follows:
- SSE Line Rental Only. Allows you to make pay-as-you-go calls.
- SSE Evening and Weekend. Includes calls to UK landlines and mobiles during evenings and weekends.
- SSE Anytime. Includes calls to UK landlines and mobiles at any time of day.
- SSE Anytime Plus. Includes calls to landlines and mobiles in the UK, plus 35 international countries, at any time of day.
There is also an energy and Fibre bundle, which allows you discount on your Fibre package if you also choose to receive energy from SSE.
What is the SSE good and bad at?
- Competitively priced. SSE is decent value. The trade-off is next to zero customisability.
- Acceptable Use Policy. This is a classic piece of small print. Unlimited packages with SSE are not necessarily ‘unlimited’, and you may incur fees for breaching the terms of their ‘acceptable use policy’.
How can I contact SSE Fibre customer service?
If you have general questions you can access the SSE homepage where they have answers to a number of commonly asked questions. However, if you would like immediate answers you can chat to them on their Live Chat button or call them on:
- For general enquiries call 0345 071 9886 between 8am – 8pm, Monday – Friday and 8am – 2pm on Saturdays. Alternatively, if you’re unable to call, you can email them at email@example.com or complete an online complaint form.
- Alternatively call 0345 071 9498 if you’re looking to change provider.
Ask an Expert