Audi SQ5 insurance rates
How much does it cost to insure an Audi SQ5?
Do you feel that the Audi Q5 just isn’t exciting enough for you? Have you been looking for something a little sportier, and more streamlined? If so, the Audi SQ5 is the car for you. Audi’s sports variant of the traditional Q5 was released on the roads in September 2012, and it’s been a popular sell ever since.
In Audi’s own words, the SQ5 is the company’s traditional SUV model, but ‘turned up to eleven’. Read on to see how this model can be insured, and how you can save!
Audi SQ5 insurance groups and cost by driver’s age
When it comes to car insurance, all vehicles are given a specific insurance group that ranges from group 1 (cheapest) to group 50 (most expensive) which helps determine the cost of your premium. Audi SQ5 models range from insurance groups 41 to 44, so the cost of insurance can vary significantly. As an example, a 30-year-old driver in an average postcode could pay around £1,041 for cover on a Audi SQ5 SQ5 3.0 TDi Quattro 5d Tip Auto, or around £1,096 for a Audi SQ5 SQ5 Plus Quattro 5d Tip Auto.
You can find the insurance group, and likely cost, of your Audi SQ5 model in the table below.
Average Audi SQ5 insurance rates
We aggregated quotes from a variety of well-known insurance companies in order to find out how much you’d be expected to pay to insure your Audi SQ5. Our research informed us that on average you could pay monthly instalments of £84.62, or a single annual payment of £918.44 for a comprehensive policy.
Audi SQ5 insurance cost by location
The table above shows the average cost of Audi SQ5 insurance based on insurance groups and driver age. However, there are a number of other factors that affect the cost of your car insurance premiums, one of the biggest being your location.
To show the power of the postcode, here are some average quotes for a 30-year-old living in three different locations. The quotes are for a Audi SQ5 SQ5 3.0 TDi Quattro 5d Tip Auto.
- Expensive: £1,232 (London SE1)
- Average: £1,041 (Newcastle NE1)
- Cheap: £781 (Galashiels TD1)
Which factors affect my Audi SQ5 insurance rate?
Along with insurance group, there are a number of key factors that have the biggest impact on your insurance premium costs:
- Engine type and capacity. In general, the bigger the engine, the higher the cost of your insurance. An average 30-year-old may pay £1,041 for the Audi SQ5 SQ5 3.0 TDi Quattro 5d Tip Auto, but could pay around £1,096 for the 2.0-litre Audi SQ5 SQ5 Plus Quattro 5d Tip Auto.
- Driver location. Where you live helps determine the level of risk that your car may be stolen or you’ll be involved in an accident, and this affects the cost of insurance. For example, a 30-year-old in central London may pay £1,258 for insurance for a Audi SQ5 SQ5 Plus Quattro 5d Tip Auto, while the same 30-year-old in Newcastle may only pay £1,096.
- Driver age. The younger you are, the more risk you represent to insurers, and the more you’re likely to pay for insurance. The average 20-year-old driver in London may pay £2,143 for the Audi SQ5 SQ5 3.0 TDi Quattro 5d Tip Auto, while the average 40-year-old Londoner will only pay £1,122.
Other factors that influence the cost of your insurance include:
- Your marital status
- Your credit history and job
- Your car’s safety rating score
- The model of your car
- The age of your car
- Your car’s security and any extra anti-theft precautions
- Annual miles driven
- Your driving history and activity
- No claims discount
How can I save on my Audi SQ5 premiums?
Whilst car insurance is a necessary legal requirement, you don’t want it leaving you with an empty bank account. When searching for insurance, you’ll want to find the best deal for a price that’s within your budget. There are some tricks you can try in order to lower the cost of your premium, and we’ve listed them below.
- Limit your car usage (where possible). Occasionally deciding to walk or get public transport, rather than using your car, can help to save on your premiums.
- Pay annually rather than monthly. Whilst it might be scary to part with a large sum of money in one go, by paying annually you can save an average of £59.52 a year.
- Install extra safety precautions. The safer your car is, the less of a risk it will be for companies to insure. By adding extra safety measures, you’re quite likely to lower your premium.
- Don’t just accept your renewal quote. Although it might be time consuming, when it’s time for renewal make sure you shop around and don’t just settle for the renewal price given to you – there may be cheaper options out there!
Facts about the Audi SQ5
- The SQ5 was revealed to the world for the first time at the Le Mans 24hr race in 2012, where it was put on display.
- The SQ5 can go from 0-60mph in just 5.1 seconds!
- Everyone likes cars with low running costs, and you’d be in luck with the Audi SQ5. It records an excellent fuel economy of just 41.5mpg!
The Audi SQ5 is a solid choice of a sports car, but you’ll pay significantly over the average rate to insure this car. Thankfully, the tips in this guide will help you to somewhat reduce your premiums.
Frequently asked questions
More guides on Finder
Audi Q2 insurance group
Find out how much it costs to insure an Audi Q2 based on your age and location.
Audi S1 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure an Audi S1 based on your age and location.
Audi S5 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Audi S5 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Audi A2 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Audi A2 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Audi A1 insurance group and cost
Find out the cost and car insurance group of Audi A1 models, and see how much you could pay based on age, location and model.
Audi RS5 insurance rates
Use our comprehensive guide to find out how much it costs to insure an Audi RS5 and how to save on your car insurance premiums.
Audi RS3 Insurance
Use our comprehensive guide to find out how much it costs to insure an Audi RS3 and how to save on your car insurance premiums.
Audi R8 Insurance
Use our comprehensive guide to find out how much it costs to insure an Audi R8 and how to save on your premiums.
Audi A3 insurance group
Find out how much it costs to insure an Audi A3 and our tips and tricks to help you save on your premiums.