Audi SQ5 insurance rates
How much does it cost to insure an Audi SQ5?
Updated . What changed?
Do you feel that the Audi Q5 just isn’t exciting enough for you? Have you been looking for something a little sportier, and more streamlined? If so, the Audi SQ5 is the car for you. Audi’s sports variant of the traditional Q5 was released on the roads in September 2012, and it’s been a popular sell ever since.
In Audi’s own words, the SQ5 is the company’s traditional SUV model, but ‘turned up to eleven’. Read on to see how this model can be insured, and how you can save!
Average Audi SQ5 insurance rates
We aggregated quotes from a variety of well-known insurance companies in order to find out how much you’d be expected to pay to insure your Audi SQ5. Our research informed us that on average you could pay monthly instalments of £84.62, or a single annual payment of £918.44.
You’re probably wondering what sort of details we used to find these numbers. Below you can find the information we provided:
- 2018 model of the Audi SQ5
- We identified the driver as a thirty-year old teacher from Exeter, using the car for social and commuting reasons.
- 10,000 miles a year driven on average.
- Five years no claims discount.
- The car is parked on a driveway overnight, and in a car park during the working day.
- The driver has a good credit history.
Which factors can affect the insurance rate for my Audi SQ5?
Understanding what can affect your car insurance and using this knowledge to bring down your premiums can see you save hundreds of pounds.
Car insurance is determined by a number of different factors:
- Car model, especially year of release
- Security and anti-theft devices
- The age, marital status, and geographical location of the driver
- Annual miles driven
- Any modifications installed on the car
- No claims discount
- Driver’s credit history
- Engine capacity
How can I save on my Audi SQ5 premiums?
We’ve collated a few ways for you to save on your Audi SQ5 premiums below.
- Annual or monthly insurance payments? We noted a significant difference in how much you’d pay every year, depending on whether or not you opted to pay a single lump-sum or in monthly instalments – paying a single annual sum would save you £186.93 a year!
- Try your best to maintain your no-claims discount.
- Transmission can also affect your insurance premiums – we discovered that diesel models resulted in higher costs than their petrol equivalents.
- Safety features are always a plus when it comes to reducing your insurance premiums. While the SQ5 comes with automatic emergency braking up to 52 miles per hour, rear-end preparation technology, and blind spot monitoring as standard, there are several add-ons you could take advantage of. These include anti-theft wheel bolts, car tracking technology, and even reinforced seatbelts for pets!
Facts about the Audi SQ5
- The SQ5 was revealed to the world for the first time at the Le Mans 24hr race in 2012, where it was put on display.
- The SQ5 can go from 0-60mph in just 5.1 seconds!
- Everyone likes cars with low running costs, and you’d be in luck with the Audi SQ5. It records an excellent fuel economy of just 41.5mpg!
How safe is the Audi SQ5? What safety features are available?
When it comes to buying and insuring a new car, safety is obviously a top priority. With the SQ5 however, you can breathe easy.
The European New Car Assessment Programme (Euro NCAP) tested the SQ5 in 2017 and gave it a perfect five-star review. As mentioned previously, the SQ5 comes with a number of premium safety features as standard – including rear-end entity detection software (the beep!), automatic braking at up to 52mph, and technology that detects an impending rear-end collision and works to better secure the occupants ahead of a collision. But adding to these safety features where you can could see the price of your premiums drop.
More guides on Finder
Peugeot 108 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 108 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Multi bike insurance
Consider your options with multi motorcycle insurance and learn about ways to save on your insurance premiums.
Lexus IS200 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Lexus IS200 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Lexus CT200 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the Lexus CT200 based on your age and location.
MG ZR insurance group
Find out which insurance group the MG ZR falls under and how much it costs to insure.
MG3 insurance group
Find out how much it could cost to insure the MG3 based on your age and location.
Daewoo Matiz insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Daewoo Matiz falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Peugeot 3008 insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Peugeot 3008 falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Land Rover Freelander insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Land Rover Freelander falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Renault Twingo insurance group
Find out which insurance group the Renault Twingo falls under and how much it costs to insure.
Ask an Expert