Dumbbells and wrist weights from £10
Our top sites to buy activewear and gym gear online in the UK
Want to upgrade your workout look? Take a look at our favourite sites for buying gym clothing and activewear online in the UK.
Whether you’re heading to a tough training session at the gym, trying a new yoga class or dragging yourself out of the house for an early morning run, do it in style with these online retailers offering fashionable (and functional) activewear.
If you’re a keen cyclist then why not check out our where to buy cycling gear page here.
Which of these retailers offers free delivery?
Shipping charges can be an unpleasant surprise at checkout. Shop the retailers below for free delivery if your order exceeds a certain amount.
- ASOS: Free standard delivery over £40, free next day delivery over £100
- Wiggle: Free standard delivery over £9
- TK Maxx: Free standard delivery over £75
- Nike: Free standard delivery over £50 or with a free Nike+ membership
- Gymshark: Free standard delivery over £35
- Ribble: Free standard delivery over £25
Where are the cheapest places to buy activewear online from?
Plenty of inexpensive retailers have expanded into sportswear, and others offer great deals in their sales.
boohoo and New Look are known for their affordability and often have extensive sale sections. Keep an eye out for ASOS sales – prices for their activewear are already reasonable but get even lower at the end of a season.
If you’re looking for the brands but don’t want to pay full price then Sports Direct is a great place to look. It provides sale prices on sportswear all year round, as well as a clearance range with up to 90% off branded clothing.
For those with expensive taste, TK Maxx offers high-end brands at discounted prices. Similarly, check out ASOS Outlet and MandM Direct for sale prices on big name brands.
Where can I buy plus size activewear?
With the range available online, it’s easy to find stylish and comfortable activewear in all sizes. Here are some of the best retailers for plus size workout clothing:
- ASOS: Swimwear in sizes 18-30 and men’s activewear up to 5XL.
- TK Maxx: Stocks sizes up to 3XL.
- Nike: Dedicated plus size range with sizes 1X-3X.
Where can you buy stylish exercise gear?
This depends on taste, of course, but some brands put more effort into making stylish activewear than others. Nike, for example, sells gym clothing in a range of on-trend colours and patterns, perfect for blurring the line between sport and leisure. You’re sure to find equally beautiful pieces on ASOS, too, since they offer such a wide range of brands and styles.
What do you need to look out for when buying exercise gear?
- Comfort. Make sure your activewear fits you well, feels good and doesn’t constrict your movement. If not, most online retailers will offer a full return or exchange – just make sure you don’t damage or affect the condition of the product when you’re trying it on.
- Material. Avoid rough or scratchy fabrics that might cause skin irritation. Keep in mind, too, that you’re going to be working up a sweat – look for moisture-wicking Lycra or polyester instead of heavy cotton. If you’re going to be exercising outside in cold weather, try a breathable nylon jacket over your base layer.
- Suitability. You’ll regret wearing a loose-fitting top to yoga when you get into downward dog, while baggy trousers might restrict your movement at a spin class. When you’re trying on your new workout gear, move around and test the clothing to see if its appropriate for your chosen activity.
- Safety. If you often run or cycle late at night, consider high-visibility gear that will make you stand out to drivers.
- Extra cost. Certain items, like large exercise equipment, may incur additional costs for delivery or setup. Make sure you consult the product information or the retailer’s shipping page before buying.
Which websites will let you return your gym gear if it doesn’t fit?
Ill-fitting activewear can seriously affect your workout, so hassle-free returns and exchanges are something to watch out for when choosing where you want to shop for activewear.
Wiggle has a particularly generous return policy – you have 365 days to return or exchange an unwanted order, free of charge. Ribble Cycles also has a large window for returns offering customers 90 days for returning items.
boohoo, Footasylum, Pobikekit and Sports Direct offer a 14 day returns policy whereas retailers ASOS and New Look offer a longer 28 day returns period and Gymshark 30 days.
Sportswear deals and discount codes
More guides on Finder
Hoover H Handy 700 Pets review 2022
The Hoover H Handy Pets is a good sweeper with a cool LED light. We tested it on rice, cereal and, of course, pet hair to see how it fared.
Beldray Revo BEL0944SL review 2022
The Beldray Revo is a lightweight vac with a sublime run time. But how will it fare cleaning cereal, rice and pet hair on various surfaces?
Vax Gator H85-GA-B10 review 2022
The Vax Gator is a snappy handheld with a budget price tag. We tested it on rice, cereal and pet hair to see how it fared.
Dyson V7 Trigger review 2022
The Dyson V7 Trigger is an exceptional handheld vac, with an impressive 30-minute run time. We tested it on rice, pet hair and more.
The UK falls to 20th place as the most expensive country to buy a flat – but a central flat in London costs almost FIVE times more than the global average!
The average cost of a two-bed city centre flat in the UK has fallen to £238,000, a £16,000 drop from 2020’s average of £254,000.
Just Eat at home? A takeaway in the UK costs over 3 times more than a fakeaway
Buying a takeaway in the UK could cost the average Brit 345% more than a cooked air fryer ‘fakeaway’ meal according to new analysis by the shopping comparison website.
Philips Viva Collection XXL HD9650/99 review 2022
We reviewed the Philips Viva Collection XXL HD9650/99 to see if it’s worth the money.
Philips Essential Airfryer HD9200/91 review 2022
We reviewed the Philips Essential Airfryer HD9200/91 to see if it’s worth the money.
BLACK+DECKER Dustbuster Flexi PD1020LPGB review 2022
The BLACK+DECKER Flexi is an excellent handheld vac for heights and tricky areas. We tested it on cereal, pet hair and more.
Gtech Multi MK2 K9 review 2022
The Gtech Multi MK2 K9 is an excellent handheld vac. We tested it on rice, pet hair and more.
Ask an Expert