Uber Visa Debit Card review
A debit card exclusively for Uber drivers. But it may take some time to get your cash back.
The Uber Visa Debit Card is a checking account from Gobank that’s designed for Uber drivers. You’ll get flat-rate cash back for all purchases and get specially rewarded for purchases at participating retailers, including Mobile and Exxon gas stations and Advance Auto Parts. The card has no monthly fees, but you’ll need a significant deposit every month to maintain its overdraft protection.
$0 per month
Kimberly Ellis is a writer at Finder. She hails from New York City with a BA from Queens College and a New York State teaching certificate. After teaching in both public and private schools, Kimberly decided to take the world by storm and dive into the media industry — where she covers everything from home loans and investing to K–12 education and shopping. She’s also an aspiring polyglot, always in a book and forever on the hunt for the perfect classic red lipstick.
If you’re an Uber driver, the Uber Visa Debit Card offers valuable perks that can help you earn 1% to 10% cash back for purchases you’ll typically make to support your Uber business. Plus you’ll get up to 15% off in select Jiffy Lube services.
But to start earning rewards, you’ll need to opt-in for the feature and some retailers won’t automatically give you discounts unless you first show them your Uber debit card. You’ll also have to watch out for overdrafts as you’ll need to make at least $1,000 in direct deposits a month to qualify for its overdraft protection.
If you’re not sure if the Uber debit card and account are for you, consider comparing your rewards checking account options.
How do I open an Uber Visa Debit Card?
Sign up in the Uber driver app or on the Uber website. Here’s what the onboarding process looks like on the app:
- Go to the provider’s site and follow the steps to apply.
- Log in to your Uber driver account.
- Go to your Wallet in the left navigation menu.
- Tap Settings.
- Choose Add Uber debit card.
- Enter your personal information and get the card in the mail within five to seven business days.
On the Uber website, you’ll need to sign in to your Uber driver account and follow the prompts to apply for the debit card.
To qualify for this Uber checking account, you’ll need to meet these requirements:
- An Uber driver
- At least 18 years old
- Valid government-issued ID
- Valid US mailing address
New account applicants must verify the following information when applying:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Social Security number
- Phone number
What are the benefits of the Uber Visa Debit Card?
Like most debit cards, you can access your cash at in-network ATMs. But this Uber driver-exclusive debit card has additional rewards that can help your business:
- No monthly fees. You won’t have to worry about paying a monthly fee to maintain your account.
- Earn cashback rewards. Earn 1% cash back on all purchases up to $100 a month, 3% cash back at Exxon and Mobil gas stations up to $200 a month and 10% cash back at Advance Auto Parts and participating Carquest locations up to $100 a month. But it may take up to seven days for your cash back to hit your account.
- Discounts. Get a 15% discount on select Jiffy Lube services.
What should I look out for?
While the Uber Visa Debit Card has attractive features, you should be aware of the following caveats:
- Cashback procedure. While some purchases automatically earn money back after activating your card, some retailers — such as Jiffy Lube — require you to show your Uber Visa Debit Card first to receive discounts. And participating merchants are subject to change at any time.
- Overdraft protection requirements. It’s Backup Balance feature lets you overdraft your account up to $100 at no cost. But to qualify, you’ll need to deposit a minimum of $1,000 every 30 days.
- May need to opt-in. If you have the Uber Debit Card, you’ll need to opt in to reap the benefits of this new rewards program.
Uber Visa Debit Card’s ATM network and fees
Withdraw your cash for free from any of GoBank’s 42,000 ATMs. If you use an out-of-network ATM, GoBank will charge you $3, in addition to any fee the ATM owner may also charge.
Compare the Uber Visa Debit Card with other checking accounts
Compare other checking accounts by monthly fee, ATMs and minimum opening deposits.
How do I deposit or withdraw my money?
Deposit money in the following ways:
- Direct deposit. Have your paycheck deposited to your account.
- Instant pay. Cash out and transfer your hard-earned dough from your Uber account to Gobank up to five times daily.
- Check deposit. Use the Gobank app to deposit checks from your phone.
- Cash deposit. Fund your account with cash by visiting any of the 100,000 participating retailers, including 7-Eleven, Walgreens and Walmart, for a fee up to $4.95.
Withdraw your money by:
- ATMs. Withdraw cash from any of Gobank’s nationwide network of ATMs.
- Person-to-person transfer. Send money to someone’s email or phone number.
- Bank-to-bank transfer. Move your money to another US bank by inputting your Uber Visa Debit Card routing and account info.
- Bill pay. Pay a bill online by entering the payee’s details.
- Paper checks. If you need paper checks instead of Gobank’s digital checkbook via Bill Pay, you can order a pack of 12 paper checks for $5.95.
How to contact Uber Visa Debit Card customer service?
To get support, you’ll need to contact Uber Visa Debit Card’s issuing bank, Gobank, by:
- Calling 888-272-4395 to speak to a representative.
- Logging in to your account on Gobank’s website or app and select Contact us to send a message.
- Sending mail to Gobank at:
PO Box 5100
Pasadena, CA 91117