A flexible rewards card for small businesses with no annual fees.
- Get this card if you’re a small business with varied spending needs.
- Pick something else if you’re looking for no foreign transaction fees or a low APR.
- Apply for this card with a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
|Product Name||U.S. Bank Business Edge™ Select Rewards Card|
|APR (Annual Percentage Rate) for Purchases||13.99% to 24.99% variable|
|Introductory Purchase APR||0% for the first 9 billing cycles (then 13.99% to 24.99% variable)|
|Balance Transfer APR||13.99% to 24.99% variable|
|Balance Transfer Fee||$5 or 3% of the transaction, whichever is greater|
|Cash Advance Rate||25.99% variable|
|Foreign Transaction Fee||3% of the transaction value|
|Cash Advance Fee||$10 or 5% of the cash advance amount, whichever is greater|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 24 days|
|Late Payment Fee||$39|
|Returned Payment Fee||$35|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Welcome Offer||Earn 20,000 extra points when you spend $1,000 in eligible purchases within the first 90 days after opening your account.|
|Reward Value per Dollar||1x points|
If you like flexibility and a card tailored to your business’s needs, U.S. Bank Business Edge™ Select Rewards Card is worth considering. As its name suggests, you select a rewards category that’s most attractive to your business, earning accelerated points in that category in addition to a flat rate on all purchases.
The U.S. Bank Business Edge™ Select Rewards Card could be a good fit for small business owners. It has no annual fee, a signup bonus that’s relatively easy to get and an attractive intro APR rate on purchases.
In addition, monitor employee spending with peace of mind that purchases are protected with zero fraud liability and fraud monitoring.
Another card with cashback categories
Ink Business Cash℠ Credit Card
Earn 3x points on a category of your choice.
No businesses have the same needs, so this card maximizes rewards in a category that fits your spending — day-to-day expenses, automotive or travel and entertainment — with no limits on rewards. Earn 1 point for every dollar you spend outside your selected category.
Take advantage of a 20,000-point signup bonus.
Spend just $1,000 on purchases in the first 90 days your account is open to earn 20,000 bonus points.
Get an intro APR on purchases for your first 9 billing cycles.
If you’re planning a large purchase, use your new card to enjoy a 0% intro APR on purchases for the first 9 billing cycles. After that, you’re charged a variable APR of 13.99% to 24.99%.
$0 annual fee.
You won’t pay an annual fee for the life of the card.
Which categories offer 3x points?
The U.S. Bank Business Edge™ Select Rewards Card offers three categories to match your business’s needs:
- Everyday expenses. Rack up points on shipping, advertising, utilities, office supplies, telecom and professional services.
- Automotive. Includes gas, service, tires, tolls, dealerships, car washes and repairs.
- Travel and entertainment. Earn points on airfare, auto rentals, hotel stays, restaurants and travel agencies.
You’ll also like
Free employee cards.
Add employees to your account at no extra fee and earn rewards across all cards.
You’re protected against unauthorized purchases with zero fraud liability and 24/7 fraud monitoring.
Redeem rewards for cash back.
Redeem points for cash, travel, gift cards and merchandise at variable point values.
What to watch out for
No intro APR on balance transfers.
The card extends an intro APR on purchases only. If you’re looking to transfer balances to pay down existing debt at a lower rate, this might not be the card for you.
High penalty and cash advance APR.
Late payments can result in an indefinite revert rate of up to 29.99% APR. And you’ll pay 25.99% variable APR on cash advances from the date of your transaction.
Foreign transaction fees.
If you travel abroad often, you may want to leave this card at home. Otherwise, you’ll pay 2% for purchases made using US dollars and 3% for purchases in foreign currency.
Consider other cards if …
You want a low intro APR on balance transfers.
If you’re looking to transfer a balance to your credit card, there might be a better option out there. Compare business cards for balance transfers to find the best fit for you.
You want stronger rewards.
Other business cards offer higher earning rates, like the Hilton Honors American Express Business Credit Card.
You frequently travel overseas.
To avoid paying foreign transaction fees, look into the Business Advantage Travel Rewards World Mastercard® credit card.
Compare business credit cards
What size business is the U.S. Bank Business Edge™ Select Rewards Card good for?
This card may be best for business owners looking to earn easy rewards on everyday purchases without having to pay an annual fee.
It’s unusual for business rewards cards to offer points for car washes and repairs, which might help if your business supports a fleet of vehicles.
What should I know before I apply?
To apply for a U.S. Bank Business Edge™ Select Rewards Card, you must be a US citizen who’s at least 18 years old or age of majority in your state. To open a credit card, you must also live in a state where a U.S. Bank is located.
Required documents and information
- Tax ID and the date your business was founded.
- Business’s address and phone number.
- Names of people with at least 25% business ownership.
- Your gross annual sales and expected monthly cash and international transactions.
- Your personal contact and financial information, including your household income, sources of income and housing status.
- Your Social Security number and date of birth.
What credit score do I need?
U.S. Bank doesn’t disclose a specific credit score range for approval. Generally, business rewards cards require a good to excellent credit score of 670 or higher.
What’s my likelihood of approval?
Most credit card providers prefer customers with high incomes and good to excellent credit scores. The higher you score, the higher the odds of approval.
Always consider your options and your financial situation before you apply for a credit card.
What do customers say about U.S. Bank Business Edge™ Select Rewards Card?
Of the 110 customer reviews with the Better Business Bureau as of this writing, an overwhelming 98% are negative. But few directly relate to U.S. Bank’s credit card products. Those that do cite unexpected credit limit decreases, confusion over payment deadlines and poor customer service.
Accredited with the Better Business Bureau since 1970, U.S. Bank earns a B from the BBB based on its years in business and responsiveness to customers, among other internal criteria.
How to apply for the U.S. Bank Business Edge™ Select Rewards Card
- Go to the U.S. Bank website and select the U.S. Bank Business Edge™ Select Rewards Card.
- Click Apply now under your preferred 3x points category: day-to-day expenses, automotive or travel and entertainment.
- Complete the application with the requested personal and business details.
- Review and submit your application.
How long will it take to get my U.S. Bank Business Edge™ Select Rewards Card?
U.S. Bank doesn’t say how long it takes to decide on your application, but most credit cards send a decision in a few days.
After application approval, you’ll likely receive your card by mail within a few weeks.
I got the card. Now what?
- Manage employee spending. Set limits for each employee as to when, where and how much they can use their card.
- Pay on time. To avoid high late payment fees and penalties, consider signing up for autopay through your online account.
- Avoid unnecessary interest. Pay your card in full within the statement’s grace period to avoid paying interest on your purchases.
- Avoid fees. Late payments come with fees of up to $39, returned payments are $35 and going over your credit limit is $39.
- Get help. Contact U.S. Bank through a dedicated hotline and online or visit a branch in person.
If you’re a small business owner looking for a rewards card with no annual fee, take a look at U.S. Bank Business Edge™ Select Rewards Card. It’s not the strongest rewards card out there, but you can choose from among three categories of spending to earn 3x points on your purchases, including an automotive category that includes gas, dealerships, car washes and more.
You’ll also earn a bonus 20,000 miles by spending $1,000 — an easily attainable goal.
For more robust rewards or cards that waive foreign transaction fees while you travel, compare other options with our guide to travel rewards credit cards.
Frequently asked questions